Weird problem with fglrx + Radeon 9800
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wedge_
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:09 pm    Post subject: Weird problem with fglrx + Radeon 9800 Reply with quote

Here's the problem: I switch my computer off most nights, and every single morning, when I turn it back on, and boot up Gentoo, the fglrx module refuses to load, complaining about invalid IO or IRQ parameters, and that init_module can't find a device. This is without changing anything - all I did was turn it off then back on again the next day. Remerging the drivers package never helped, nor did anything else I tried, so what I usually did was go boot up Windows and play Vice City for a while. At some point I would go back and try the fglrx module again, and it would work :?: After it happened again today I took the time to check a couple of things, and this is what I found:

1. If I boot straight into Gentoo, the module will not load, end of story.
2. If I boot into Windows first, do some browsing etc but DON'T do anything that requires 3D acceleration (ie games), the module still doesn't load.
3. If I boot into Windows, and play a game for a few minutes, then reboot and try Gentoo again, it works fine.

WTF
:)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: