Developement-souces-2.5.75 & nvidia-kernel
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wzzrd
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:59 am    Post subject: Developement-souces-2.5.75 & nvidia-kernel Reply with quote

Just this morning I saw Linus' post on LKML about 2.5.75. I decided it was time to upgrade my 2.5.74 machine to 2.5.75 . But, 2.5.75 doesn't work for me nvidia-kernel-(latest), so I'm typing this from links now.

I tried to re-emerge nvidia-kernel for my 2.5.74 kernel, but it errors in X with the same error about DMA.

Luckily, I saved my module from 2.5.73 and I'll try to move back to that kernel later today.

The whole situation makes two questions pop-up with me:
1. What has happened with either the module or the kernel sources to have both 2.5.74 and 2.5.75 suddenly b0rk with me?
2. Why on God's green earth has nvidia-kernel suddenly got a dep on gentoo-sources-(latest)? For those of us who do not use those (because they use xfs, are personal friends of Alan Cox or like to experiment), a dep on the gentoo-sources is rather annoying.
AlterEgo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=407967#407967 and the post below.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: