Joined: 30 May 2002
|Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 12:49 am Post subject: 2.4.19-pre10-benh0 XFS patches
|For anybody that wants to play with other kernel sources, I have made
some modifications to the Gentoo XFS kernel patch to get it to apply
against BenH's rsync kernel. Anyone who is interested:
1. Download vanilla 2.4.18 sources somehow.
2. Get the Gentoo XFS patch from the xfs-sources package.
3. rsync to 2.4.19-pre10-benh0 using the instructions at the bottom
4. Patch the Gentoo XFS patch using http://mata.intrigue.com/gentoo/xfs-2.4.18-2.4.19-pre10-benh0.diff.gz.
5. Apply it against your 2.4.19-pre10-benh0. There should be some
fuzz and offset, but the patch process should not require user
6. I hope it works for you; it does for me, but I have not tested it
extensively. BenH has said he has no objections about my
publicizing this effort, but please don't send him bug reports
about XFS - he doesn't use it and doesn't want to incorporate such
a large patch into his development tree.
For every higher wall, there is a taller ladder