Portage "Global Update" Error?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rcxAsh
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:27 am    Post subject: Portage "Global Update" Error? Reply with quote

Hi I'm still very new to Gentoo (And Linux in general). Just moved to it from Debian a few days ago and I'm liking it. However, I recently performed an emerge sync and everything seemed to go well, but I got this message at the end:

Code:

Performing Global Updates: /usr/portage/profiles/updates/.frozen
(Could take a couple minutes if you have a lot of binary packages.)
  .='update pass'  *='binary update'  @='/var/db move'
portage: Update type "robbat2" not recognized.

Now, it seems that if I do anything Portage related, I get this message again, (Eg, running emerge -s <some package> prints the above message before continuing) along with the normal expected output for that command. (although, I haven't actually tried to emerge something because I'm scared that I might break something now.

First of all, what is this message telling me? Is it bad? Or should I just ignore it? What is this "Update type 'robbat2'?" Secondly, if it is bad, how can/should I fix it?

I don't know if it's applicable, but my Portage is version 2.0.48-r1 (default-x86-1.4, gcc-3.2.2, glibc-2.3.1-r4)

Please forgive me if this question was already answered, I couldn't seem to find anything when searching...
xfjsx
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno man, but i have the exact same problem, starting july 2nd.
BlueEar
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:02 am    Post subject: Another, similar thread Reply with quote

I have the same thing. In the meantime I found this thread. Also, my /usr/portage/profiles/updates/.frozen file has just one entry, robbat2:
Code:
 # cat /usr/portage/profiles/updates/.frozen
robbat2

Unfortunately, removing that file does nothing, as the very next emerge sync will re-create it ...
rcxAsh
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, so this is a problem on their side? When portage is fixed, another emerge sync should fix this then? But in the meantime, can I still emerge packages without breaking portage even more?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: