Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
KDE 4 in gentoo portage?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drwook
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kollin wrote:
Fro 5-th september:
Quote:
The official KDE 4.1 ebuilds appear to be approximately 91.70% done, of which 90.55% have 4.1.1 ebuilds.

from today:

Quote:
The official KDE 4.1 ebuilds appear to be approximately 90.29% done, of which 97.21% have 4.1.1 ebuilds.

Something smells fishy :? :roll:

yeah, someone fix the RNG :twisted:
Kollin
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yey a progres has been made :

"The official KDE 4.1 ebuilds appear to be approximately 94.24% done, of which 93.51% have 4.1.1 ebuilds"

*happy* :mrgreen:
palantir
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kollin wrote:
Yey a progres has been made :

"The official KDE 4.1 ebuilds appear to be approximately 94.24% done, of which 93.51% have 4.1.1 ebuilds"

*happy* :mrgreen:

I wouldn't be THAT happy. Even when they complete, who knows how much time it will take to put the ebuilds in the portage. And even then, there will be probably a long time when bugs in the ebuilds will be discovered, as the user base (= testing) increases. Those ebuilds should have been in the portage since a LONG, LONG time.

I am starting to believe that something is VERY wrong with all this: no KDE 4.1 in the portage, no KDE 3.5.10 in portage either, flames everywhere, lots of disagreement, no user contributions accepted. It's so sad to see such a great distribution to fall so low. For me KDE is the most important piece of the system, I spend 60 hours per week using it at work and home, and I used to contribute to it by code and bug reports. I switched to gentoo from red hat just because I could provide backtraces effortlessly, at the time. Now I can't even contribute back with bugfixing and testing. KDE on Gentoo used to be great. Then split ebuilds came (isnt't it easier to mantain 10 ebuilds rather than 300?). And now this. Well, probably it's time to move on to a more serious distro.

No flame intended. But I really wanted to express all my profound disappointment with all this. :cry: :cry:
ggaaron
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what will this more serious distro be? Almost all of the distros are binary and I use Gentoo because it's build from source and I don't see any alternative=(
pmatos
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ggaaron wrote:
And what will this more serious distro be? Almost all of the distros are binary and I use Gentoo because it's build from source and I don't see any alternative=(

True, I don't think on this field Gentoo has still any competition but I wouldn't wait to see. Because if a guy gets some time on its hands and decides to create a Gentoo competitor, I can see many people leaving it...
Zarhan
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentoo competitor, as far as there is one, is called "FreeBSD".

I originally switched to Gentoo from FreeBSD because FreeBSDs device support was not too good, especially on laptops. This was in FreeBSD 4.8 and 5.0-era, so nowadays that's probably not the situation anymore.

However, apart from this KDE thingy I'm quite satisfied with Gentoo, as Portage has lots of stuff that FreeBSD ports don't (Slots, the fact that stuff doesn't break during upgrades (With portage 2.2's preserve-libs feature) and so on).
pmatos
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarhan wrote:
Gentoo competitor, as far as there is one, is called "FreeBSD".

I originally switched to Gentoo from FreeBSD because FreeBSDs device support was not too good, especially on laptops. This was in FreeBSD 4.8 and 5.0-era, so nowadays that's probably not the situation anymore.

However, apart from this KDE thingy I'm quite satisfied with Gentoo, as Portage has lots of stuff that FreeBSD ports don't (Slots, the fact that stuff doesn't break during upgrades (With portage 2.2's preserve-libs feature) and so on).

I haven't provided my personal opinion. In fact, my personal opinion is positive regarding Gentoo. I have no complaints except for the delay on KDE but I can imagine it is a daunting work. Anyway, I am a patient man. However, I can see for some months now many people for one reason or other unhappy with Gentoo and those are definitely willing to change if an alternative comes up.
ggaaron
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentoo has lots of fine features, easiest configuration of init scripts, apache modules and others that I've experienced. I've tried BSD, but it didn't work well on my laptop, moreover I'd like to stick with GNU=) Let's just hope that this are temporary problems that will get resolved soon and Gentoo will get even better=D

And the KDE thing - I use the overlay and live with it. If you want, there is no problem in installing and using KDE4, so if it takes time to polish the ebuilds for main tree it's fine with me.

Last edited by ggaaron on Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the unpatient, there is always kdesvn-overlay and it works like a charm until KDE-4.1 hits official portage which will happen soon enough.
pmatos
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

genstorm wrote:
For the unpatient, there is always kdesvn-overlay and it works like a charm until KDE-4.1 hits official portage which will happen soon enough.

True! :)
ggaaron
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is that many people won't use an overlay just because it is an overlay and it is not officially supported. Stupid as it is, there is some superstition.
stanislaw
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ggaaron wrote:
The problem is that many people won't use an overlay just because it is an overlay and it is not officially supported. Stupid as it is, there is some superstition.
Well, I would like to kick my superstition aside, but official Gentoo does not make this easy by in no way saying officially, which overlay to use for KDE 4.1. If yes, point me to it.

The only information I found about the overlays and which one is the "official" Gentoo KDE 4.1 overlay was here in the forums and in the bugreport cited here, where you first have to read hundred of posts to extract the reliable information. Personally, I think that's OK for small software pieces or software I do not heavily rely on. But for KDE, which really is a huge package, I'd like to hear a official Gentoo announcement (like GMN or on the webpage), something like "if you like to help testing KDE or want it as cutting edge software, go to this overlay etc." Instead, official Gentoo remains quiet and has an information policy about KDE 4.1, where they say nothing.

All in all, what I think of, reading this thread, I think, the main point is the lack of official information. I think, that would settle down the disappointments of many of the Gentoo users.
palantir
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ggaaron wrote:

The fact that they are not supported, means that you are on your own when you have any problem with it. You can't just ask on the forums, because "it's unsupported" and you'll have your thread moved to the Unsupported Software section. Testing is more limited, user base is smaller, there is no official quality assurance, etc, etc...
I can afford that for some "final" application, i.e. one that nothing depends upon. But KDE is not such a piece of software. KDE in fact is one of the largest and most complicated pieces of the system. If I really had to use KDE4, I'd do it as I did in the old Red Hat days back in 2002, when I needed an svn version of KDE for development: I compiled it manually, and kept it totally isolated in /opt/kde, where it wouldn't have any chance to taint the rest of my system. That ensured me that I'd always have a working system, no matter what I did with KDE.
And, as a side consideration, the more discussed overlay uses paludis, which is unsupported by itself, and is even more critical than KDE itself, to the system!

My point is, that you can do the things in the "dirty" way when it comes to "periferal" software. Kerry for example is a small application which was broken in portage for eons, so I just changed the ebuild to repair that (using a patch from bugs.gentoo.org, it was sitting there unnoticed). But the main point in having a distribution is to guarantee a stable "core" system, and I am not going to mess around with that. For me, KDE *is* part of what I call "core system".

Last edited by palantir on Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@stanislaw: Sure, it's not really obvious where to get kde-4.1 from currently. And it doesn't help that the sticky-thread in Unsupported Software actually discusses the overlay that's requiring Paludis. I don't know why that one's still there.

However, Gentoo never had a policy to lead users by the hand. A quick glance at layman -L reveals some meaningful 'kdesvn-portage' overlay, and another quick search in the forums indeed confirms that it provides lots of kde-4.1, kde-4.2 and kde-svn ebuilds. After adding it via 'layman -a kdesvn-portage' I just checked if it provided those handy -meta packages too, and it did. That's all you need to get started.
lamawithonel
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stanislaw wrote:

The only information I found about the overlays and which one is the "official" Gentoo KDE 4.1 overlay was here in the forums and in the bugreport cited here, where you first have to read hundred of posts to extract the reliable information. Personally, I think that's OK for small software pieces or software I do not heavily rely on. But for KDE, which really is a huge package, I'd like to hear a official Gentoo announcement (like GMN or on the webpage), something like "if you like to help testing KDE or want it as cutting edge software, go to this overlay etc." Instead, official Gentoo remains quiet and has an information policy about KDE 4.1, where they say nothing.

All in all, what I think of, reading this thread, I think, the main point is the lack of official information. I think, that would settle down the disappointments of many of the Gentoo users.

I agree 100%. Big Gentoo, i.e., the Council, needs to stay on top of certain core packages and sets of packages. Be that the kernels, Portage, Baselayout, some of the major desktop environments (Gnome, KDE, et al.), major enterprise packages like databases, authentication and backup, and major GNU components like coreutils, *e2fs*, etc. If Gentoo ever wants to be a more than just a "Power User's" distro it needs to focus on enabling those "Power Users" to work with it in a business environment. That means solid PR and somewhat predicable release schedules, or at very least enough information to make planning in the office practical. If the Council is unable to do all this for whatever reason, they should set some rules for PR announcements and delegate to teams.
stanislaw
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

genstorm wrote:
However, Gentoo never had a policy to lead users by the hand. A quick glance at layman -L reveals some meaningful 'kdesvn-portage' overlay, and another quick search in the forums indeed confirms that it provides lots of kde-4.1, kde-4.2 and kde-svn ebuilds. After adding it via 'layman -a kdesvn-portage' I just checked if it provided those handy -meta packages too, and it did. That's all you need to get started.
Somehow, the strange thing is following result:
Code:
# layman -L | grep kde
* kde                       [Git       ] (source: git://www2.mailstation.de/...)
* kde-testing               [Git       ] (source: git://git.overlays.gentoo....)
One fact, that prevented me from trying this.

I know, that Gentoo never lead users by hand, but from the beginning, when I started with it, there were always guides, hints, etc. on the offical Gentoo-homepage. I got my whole system running only with the offical guides. And I do not need a complete howto-use-an-overlay-for-kde-4.1-testing article, it would be just as nice to have a remark "this is the offical developing overlay, so use it, if you want, but keep in mind, that it is not yet officially supported".
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh sry, of course it was 'layman -Lk'. ;) Well, kdesvn-portage is not official.

Voila, here it is, your guide to KDE4 on Gentoo: http://gentoo-wiki.com/KDE4
It clarifies which overlay you might want to use, and it even provides some links to get further help and system tuning (mainly for Nvidias broken drivers).

This, too, was achieved by only one <insert favourite search engine here> search.

Last edited by asturm on Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total
stanislaw
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

genstorm wrote:
Voila, here it is, your guide to KDE4 on Gentoo: http://gentoo-wiki.com/KDE4
Well, sorry, gentoo-wiki itself is not official.
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It tells you which overlay is official and which not. :roll:
pmatos
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ggaaron wrote:

There's not any clear manual about it. For example, I have installed KDE 4.0 in my office computer successfully a couple of months ago from kdesvn-portage. Just right now, I tried to install from the wiki instruction 4.1.1 on my laptop. It failed miserably. For example:
Code:
# emerge -vat @kde-4.1
WARNING: repository at /usr/local/portage is missing a repo_name entry
emerge: There are no sets to satisfy 'kde-4.1'. The following sets exist:

downgrade
    installed
    live-rebuild
    module-rebuild
    preserved-rebuild
    security
    system
    world

Which means some step is missing. Since no method of emerging 4.1.1 works my take is that it is not being able to find kdesvn-portage overlay. However, I do have the like "source ..." on my make.conf:
Code:
# grep source /etc/make.conf
source /usr/portage/local/layman/make.conf

That means something is wrong. Any ideas on what it is?
rsa4046
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pmatos wrote:
There's not any clear manual about it. For example, I have installed KDE 4.0 in my office computer successfully a couple of months ago from kdesvn-portage. Just right now, I tried to install from the wiki instruction 4.1.1 on my laptop. It failed miserably. For example:
Code:
# emerge -vat @kde-4.1
WARNING: repository at /usr/local/portage is missing a repo_name entry
emerge: There are no sets to satisfy 'kde-4.1'. The following sets exist:

downgrade
    installed
    live-rebuild
    module-rebuild
    preserved-rebuild
    security
    system
    world

Which means some step is missing. Since no method of emerging 4.1.1 works my take is that it is not being able to find kdesvn-portage overlay. However, I do have the like "source ..." on my make.conf:
Code:
# grep source /etc/make.conf
source /usr/portage/local/layman/make.conf

That means something is wrong. Any ideas on what it is?

pmatos--
Did you check for a bad link in /etc/portage tree? Here's what I get using the same,
Code:
# emerge -vpt @kde-4.1

These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kgpg-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/ksirk-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/lskat-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kdeartwork-icewm-themes-4.1.1  0 kB [1]       
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kmix-4.1.1  USE="alsa htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kmplot-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 54,068 kB [1]
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kcharselect-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kdessh-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                 
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/ksnapshot-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1] 
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kcron-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]     
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/katomic-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]   
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kruler-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]     
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kdeartwork-styles-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]       
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kuiviewer-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 4,706 kB [1]           
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/sweeper-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                 
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kdiamond-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]   
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kbruch-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]     
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kwallet-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]   
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/akonadi-4.1.1  USE="-debug -nepomuk -plasma" 12,861 kB [1]
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kmines-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]         
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kinfocenter-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook opengl -debug -ieee1394" 0 kB [1]
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kcachegrind-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                 
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/ark-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -archive -debug -zip" 0 kB [1]           
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kdm-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook kerberos pam -debug" 0 kB [1]           
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kubrick-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                     
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kde-l10n-4.1.1  LINGUAS="-bg -ca -cs -csb -da -de -el -en_GB -eo -es -et -fi -fr -fy -ga -gl -hi -hu -it -ja -kk -km -ko -lv -mk -nb -nds -nl -nn -pa -pl -pt -pt_BR -ru -sl -sr -sv -ta -th -tr -uk -wa -zh_CN -zh_TW" 0 kB [1]                                       
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kmimetypefinder-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                           
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kapptemplate-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                 
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/ktux-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 1,292 kB [1]                                                                                 
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kshisen-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                     
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/knetattach-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                   
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/ksystemlog-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                   
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kspaceduel-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                   
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kweather-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                     
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kdesdk-misc-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                               
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/okular-4.1.1  USE="crypt htmlhandbook jpeg pdf ps tiff -chm -debug -djvu -ebook" 0 kB [1]                             
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/konquest-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                     
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kde-menu-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                                 
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/marble-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook kde -debug -designer-plugin -gps -test" 0 kB [1]                                       
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kpat-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                         
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kdeartwork-colorschemes-4.1.1  0 kB [1]                                                                               
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kwordquiz-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                   
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/ksudoku-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                     
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/ktimer-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                       
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/dolphin-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook semantic-desktop -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                     
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/klipper-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                     
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kalarm-4.1.1  0 kB [1]                                                                                                 
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kopete-4.1.1  USE="addbookmarks alias autoreplace contactnotes highlight history htmlhandbook jabber msn nowlistening oscar otr pipes privacy ssl statistics texteffect translator urlpicpreview webpresence -debug -gadu -groupwise -latex -messenger -qq -sms -testbed -winpopup -yahoo" 7,215 kB [1]                                                                                                               
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/krfb-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug -zeroconf" 0 kB [1]                                                               
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kreversi-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                     
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/cervisia-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                     
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kate-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug -plasma" 0 kB [1]                                                                 
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kfourinline-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                 
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kfloppy-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                     
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kolourpaint-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                 
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/superkaramba-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook python -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                         
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kdesdk-kioslaves-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                         
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/lokalize-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                     
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/knotes-4.1.1  USE="kontact -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                           
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/knetwalk-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                     
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/nsplugins-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                                 
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kjots-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook kontact -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                               
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kanagram-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                     
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/okteta-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                                   
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/akregator-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook kontact -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                           
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/gwenview-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook semantic-desktop -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                   
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kiriki-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                       
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kappfinder-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                   
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kuser-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                       
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kdesdk-strigi-analyzer-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                   
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/juk-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug -tunepimp" 0 kB [1]                                                               
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/ktuberling-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                   
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/blinken-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                     
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/khelpcenter-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                 
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/step-4.1.1  USE="gsl qalculate" 0 kB [1]                                                                               
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/solid-hardware-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                           
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/klines-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                       
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kollision-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                   
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/knewsticker-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                 
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kfile-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                                     
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/dragonplayer-4.1.1  0 kB [1]                                                                                           
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kdnssd-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                                   
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kteatime-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                     
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kbattleship-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                 
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/svgpart-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                                   
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kget-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook plasma -bittorrent -debug -semantic-desktop -sqlite" 0 kB [1]                           
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kdeartwork-emoticons-4.1.1  0 kB [1]                                                                                   
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kdeartwork-sounds-4.1.1  0 kB [1]                                                                                     
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/knetworkconf-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                 
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/ksystraycmd-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                               
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kdebugdialog-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                 
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kamera-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                       
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kmail-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook kontact -debug -nepomuk" 0 kB [1]                                                       
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kgeography-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                   
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/ktraderclient-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                             
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/korganizer-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook kontact -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                           
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kuiserver-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                                 
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kbreakout-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                   
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/renamedlg-plugins-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                         
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kiconfinder-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                               
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kmahjongg-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                   
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/libkexiv2-4.1.1  0 kB [1]                                                                                             
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/keditbookmarks-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                           
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/drkonqi-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                                   
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kdemultimedia-kioslaves-4.1.1  USE="encode vorbis -debug -flac" 0 kB [1]                                               
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kdesdk-scripts-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                           
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kpercentage-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                 
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kcalc-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug -test" 0 kB [1]                                                                 
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/knewstuff-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                                 
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kblackbox-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                   
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kdebase-startkde-4.1.1  0 kB [1]                                                                                       
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/libkipi-4.1.1  0 kB [1]                                                                                               
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/konsole-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                     
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kpasswdserver-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                             
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kblocks-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                     
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/klettres-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                     
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kdf-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                         
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kgamma-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                       
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/knode-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook kontact -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                               
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kalzium-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook plasma -cviewer -debug -solver -test" 0 kB [1]                                       
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kwrite-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                       
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kbounce-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                     
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kdenetwork-filesharing-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                   
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/khotkeys-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                                 
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/amor-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                         
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/ktouch-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                       
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kbugbuster-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                   
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kalgebra-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook opengl plasma readline -debug" 0 kB [1]                                             
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/krdc-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook jpeg -debug -vnc -zeroconf" 0 kB [1]                                                     
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/ksquares-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                     
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kstart-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                                   
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kjumpingcube-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                 
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kmenuedit-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                   
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kdegraphics-strigi-analyzer-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                               
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/ktnef-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                       
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kioclient-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                                 
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kiten-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                       
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kompare-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                     
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kig-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug -kig-scripting" 0 kB [1]                                                           
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kscd-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                         
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kstars-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook usb -debug -fits -nova -sbig" 0 kB [1]                                                 
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kstartperf-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                               
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kdeartwork-wallpapers-4.1.1  0 kB [1]                                                                                 
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kdeartwork-kworldclock-4.1.1  0 kB [1]                                                                                 
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kquitapp-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                                 
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/ksame-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                       
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kppp-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                         
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kdeaccounts-plugin-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                       
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kdepim-strigi-analyzer-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                   
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kontact-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                     
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kcolorchooser-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                               
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kdeartwork-kscreensaver-4.1.1  USE="opengl -debug -xscreensaver" 0 kB [1]                                             
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/bovo-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                         
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/libksane-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                     
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kolf-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                         
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/khangman-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                     
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/umbrello-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                     
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kleopatra-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                   
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/parley-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook plasma -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                               
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kturtle-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                     
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/ktimezoned-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                               
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kgoldrunner-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                 
[nomerge      ] kde-base/kgamma-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" [1]                                                                           
[ebuild  N    ]  x11-apps/xgamma-1.0.2  USE="-debug" 85 kB                                                                                     
[nomerge      ] kde-base/kamera-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" [1]                                                                           
[ebuild  N    ]  media-libs/libgphoto2-2.4.1-r1  USE="hal nls -doc -exif" CAMERAS="-adc65 -agfa_cl20 -aox -barbie -canon -casio_qv -clicksmart310 -digigr8 -digita -dimagev -dimera3500 -directory -enigma13 -fuji -gsmart300 -hp215 -iclick -jamcam -jd11 -kodak_dc120 -kodak_dc210 -kodak_dc240 -kodak_dc3200 -kodak_ez200 -konica -konica_qm150 -largan -lg_gsm -mars -mustek -panasonic_coolshot -panasonic_dc1000 -panasonic_dc1580 -panasonic_l859 -pccam300 -pccam600 -polaroid_pdc320 -polaroid_pdc640 -polaroid_pdc700 -ptp2 -ricoh -ricoh_g3 -samsung -sierra -sipix_blink -sipix_blink2 -sipix_web2 -smal -sonix -sony_dscf1 -sony_dscf55 -soundvision -spca50x -sq905 -stv0674 -stv0680 -sx330z -template -toshiba_pdrm11" 3,412 kB
[nomerge      ] kde-base/step-4.1.1  USE="gsl qalculate" [1]                                                                                   
[ebuild  N    ]  sci-libs/libqalculate-0.9.6  USE="readline" 1,086 kB                                                                           
[ebuild  N    ]   sci-visualization/gnuplot-4.2.3-r2  USE="X gd pdf readline -doc -emacs -ggi -latex -plotutils (-svga) -wxwindows -xemacs" 2,775 kB                                                                                                                                           
[ebuild  N    ]    media-libs/pdflib-7.0.2  USE="perl python -doc -java -tcl" 5,350 kB                                                         
[ebuild  N    ]   sci-libs/cln-1.1.13  1,669 kB                                                                                                 
[ebuild  N    ]  sci-libs/gsl-1.9-r1  2,515 kB                                                                                                 
[ebuild  N    ]  sci-mathematics/gmm-3.0  453 kB                                                                                               
[nomerge      ] kde-base/cervisia-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" [1]                                                                         
[ebuild  N    ]  dev-util/cvs-1.12.12-r4  USE="crypt kerberos nls pam -doc -emacs -server" 3,123 kB                                             
[nomerge      ] kde-base/krfb-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug -zeroconf" [1]                                                                   
[ebuild  N    ]  net-libs/libvncserver-0.9.1  USE="jpeg zlib -no24bpp -nobackchannel" 1,036 kB                                                 
[nomerge      ] kde-base/kopete-4.1.1  USE="addbookmarks alias autoreplace contactnotes highlight history htmlhandbook jabber msn nowlistening oscar otr pipes privacy ssl statistics texteffect translator urlpicpreview webpresence -debug -gadu -groupwise -latex -messenger -qq -sms -testbed -winpopup -yahoo" [1]                                                                                                                         
[ebuild  N    ]  net-libs/libotr-3.1.0  419 kB                                                                                                 
[ebuild  N    ]  app-crypt/qca-ossl-2.0.0_beta3  USE="-debug" 49 kB                                                                             
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kreadconfig-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                               
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/konqueror-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                   
[ebuild   R   ]  kde-base/kdebase-kioslaves-4.1.1  USE="bzip2 debug htmlhandbook samba -openexr" 0 kB [1]                                       
[ebuild   R   ]   kde-base/kdialog-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                                 
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kcheckpass-4.1.1  USE="pam" 0 kB [1]                                                                                   
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/systemsettings-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook opengl usb -debug -xinerama" 0 kB [1]                                         
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/mimelib-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                                   
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kaddressbook-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook kontact -debug -gnokii" 0 kB [1]                                                 
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kcmshell-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                                 
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/libksieve-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                                 
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kmailcvt-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                                 
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kstyles-4.1.1  0 kB [1]                                                                                               
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/libkholidays-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                             
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/phonon-xine-4.1.1  USE="xcb -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                           
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/krunner-4.1.1  USE="opengl -debug -xcomposite -xscreensaver" 0 kB [1]                                                 
[ebuild   R   ]  kde-base/ksysguard-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook lm_sensors -debug -test" 0 kB [1]                                                 
[ebuild   R   ]   kde-base/plasma-workspace-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook xcomposite -debug -xinerama" 0 kB [1]                                     
[ebuild   R   ]    kde-base/kdeartwork-iconthemes-4.1.1  0 kB [1]                                                                               
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kdemaildir-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                               
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kde-menu-icons-4.1.1  0 kB [1]                                                                                         
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kcontrol-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                     
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kde-wallpapers-4.1.1  0 kB [1]                                                                                         
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kdepasswd-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                                 
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kstartupconfig-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                           
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/plasma-apps-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                 
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/soliduiserver-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                             
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/libkdcraw-4.1.1  0 kB [1]                                                                                             
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kurifilter-plugins-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                       
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kfind-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                       
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kwin-4.1.1  USE="opengl xcomposite -captury -xinerama" 0 kB [1]                                                       
[nomerge      ] kde-base/libkexiv2-4.1.1  [1]                                                                                                   
[ebuild  N    ]  media-gfx/exiv2-0.17  USE="nls unicode zlib -doc -examples -xmp" LINGUAS="-de -es -fi -fr -pl -ru -sk" 1,766 kB               
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/ksmserver-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                                 
[ebuild   R   ]  kde-base/kcminit-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                                 
[ebuild   R   ]   kde-base/ksplash-4.1.1  USE="mmx sse sse2 -3dnow (-altivec) -debug -xinerama" 0 kB [1]                                       
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kscreensaver-4.1.1  USE="opengl pam -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                   
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/libkpgp-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                                   
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/solid-4.1.1  USE="bluetooth -networkmanager" 0 kB [1]                                                                 
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/nepomuk-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                                   
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/libkcompactdisc-4.1.1  USE="alsa htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                         
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kdesu-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                       
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/libkcddb-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook -debug -musicbrainz" 0 kB [1]                                                       
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/libkmahjongg-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                             
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/libkleo-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                                   
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/kdebase-data-4.1.1  0 kB [1]                                                                                           
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/libplasma-4.1.1  USE="opengl -debug -test -xinerama" 0 kB [1]                                                         
[ebuild   R   ]  kde-base/libtaskmanager-4.1.1  USE="-debug -xcomposite" 0 kB [1]                                                               
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/libkonq-4.1.1  USE="-debug -test" 0 kB [1]                                                                             
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/libkworkspace-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                             
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/libkdeedu-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]                                                                                 
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/kontactinterfaces-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/knotify-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]
[ebuild  N    ] kde-base/libkdepim-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]
[ebuild  N    ]  kde-base/kode-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]
[ebuild   R   ]   kde-base/kdepimlibs-4.1.1  USE="htmlhandbook ldap sasl -debug -test" 0 kB [1]
[ebuild   R   ]    app-office/akonadi-server-1.0.0  USE="-mysql" 0 kB [1]
[ebuild   R   ] kde-base/libkdegames-4.1.1  USE="-debug" 0 kB [1]
[ebuild   R   ]  kde-base/kdelibs-4.1.1  USE="acl alsa bzip2 fam htmlhandbook kerberos mmx nls opengl semantic-desktop spell sse sse2 ssl -3dnow (-altivec) -bindist -debug -doc -jpeg2k -openexr -test -zeroconf" 0 kB [1]
[ebuild   R   ]   kde-base/automoc-0.9.84  0 kB [1]
[ebuild   R   ]   dev-libs/soprano-2.1  USE="clucene sesame2 -debug -doc -redland" 0 kB [1]
[ebuild   R   ]   app-misc/strigi-0.5.11  USE="clucene dbus fam qt4 -debug -exiv2 -hyperestraier -inotify -log -test" 0 kB [1]

Total: 234 packages (150 new, 84 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 103,871 kB
Portage tree and overlays:
 [0] /usr/portage
 [1] /usr/portage/local/layman/kdesvn-portage

From /etc/portage, I have
Code:
# find -L  /etc/portage -type f -printf '%Ac\t%p\n'
Wed Sep 10 07:43:24 2008        /etc/portage/.keep_sys-apps_portage-0
Wed Sep 10 07:43:24 2008        /etc/portage/bin/post_sync           
Wed Sep 10 08:35:57 2008        /etc/portage/color.map               
Wed Sep 10 08:35:57 2008        /etc/portage/modules                 
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.keywords/kdesvn/digikam-4.1.keywords
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.keywords/kdesvn/kde-4.1.keywords   
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.keywords/kdesvn/kde-deps-4.1.keywords
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.keywords/kdesvn/kde-extra-4.1.keywords
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.keywords/monolithic
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.mask/monolithic
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kde-deps-4.1
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kde-deps-4.2
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kde-extra-4.1
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kde-extra-4.2
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kde-meta-4.1
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kde-meta-4.2
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kdeaccessibility-4.1
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kdeaccessibility-4.2
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kdeadmin-4.1
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kdeadmin-4.2
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kdeartwork-4.1
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kdeartwork-4.2
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kdebase-4.1
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kdebase-4.2
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kdeedu-4.1
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kdeedu-4.2
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kdegames-4.1
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kdegames-4.2
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kdegraphics-4.1
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kdegraphics-4.2
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kdemultimedia-4.1
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kdemultimedia-4.2
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kdenetwork-4.1
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kdenetwork-4.2
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kdepim-4.1
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kdepim-4.2
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kdesdk-4.1
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kdesdk-4.2
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kdetoys-4.1
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kdetoys-4.2
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kdeutils-4.1
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/kdeutils-4.2
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/kdesvn/qt4
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.unmask/monolithic
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/package.use/monolithic
Wed Sep 10 07:43:24 2008        /etc/portage/postsync.d/q-reinitialize
Wed Sep 10 08:35:58 2008        /etc/portage/profile/package.provided
Wed Sep 10 07:43:24 2008        /etc/portage/savedconfig/sys-apps/busybox-1.8.2
pmatos
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found out that layman seems to have a bug. For some reason the one on my laptop doesn't add the kdesvn-portage overlay line to make.conf when you add the overlay. Tried to remove the overlay and add it again and the line is not inserted. Manually inserted it and everything is working now.
GoofyX
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting for KDE 4.1.x for quite some time now (since it's been tagged and later released by KDE). I think that Gentoo is becoming more and more understaffed nowadays and that's one of the reasons for the delay.

Arch seems to be a nice alternative, but I won't go that way, at least for the near and mid-term future...
... Morpheus: What is "real"? How do you define "real"? If you 're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then "real" is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain...
ggaaron
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palantir wrote:
ggaaron wrote:

The fact that they are not supported, means that you are on your own when you have any problem with it. You can't just ask on the forums, because "it's unsupported" and you'll have your thread moved to the Unsupported Software section. Testing is more limited, user base is smaller, there is no official quality assurance, etc, etc...
I can afford that for some "final" application, i.e. one that nothing depends upon. But KDE is not such a piece of software. KDE in fact is one of the largest and most complicated pieces of the system. If I really had to use KDE4, I'd do it as I did in the old Red Hat days back in 2002, when I needed an svn version of KDE for development: I compiled it manually, and kept it totally isolated in /opt/kde, where it wouldn't have any chance to taint the rest of my system. That ensured me that I'd always have a working system, no matter what I did with KDE.
And, as a side consideration, the more discussed overlay uses paludis, which is unsupported by itself, and is even more critical than KDE itself, to the system!

My point is, that you can do the things in the "dirty" way when it comes to "periferal" software. Kerry for example is a small application which was broken in portage for eons, so I just changed the ebuild to repair that (using a patch from bugs.gentoo.org, it was sitting there unnoticed). But the main point in having a distribution is to guarantee a stable "core" system, and I am not going to mess around with that. For me, KDE *is* part of what I call "core system".

Yes, if you use overlays then fix it yourself, I do it for some time, hack some ebuilds to compile in ways they were not designed to and so on. Overlays are for ebuilds/software that is not complete. You say that KDE is part of your core system, and KDE is in the main tree. KDE 4.1 is NOT considered stable, or complete. Only version 4.2 will be complete. In fact you want unstable software in main tree - of course there is testing branch or hard mask for it, but it is up to developers to decide if they want to include KDE in main tree at all.

Last edited by ggaaron on Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
stanislaw
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ggaaron wrote:
In fact you want unstable software in main tree - of course there is testing branch for it, but it is up to developers to decide if they want to include KDE in main tree at all.
Again, in a lack of official information, I think, for community reasons, it would be nice, if the developers would reason their decision to leave it in an overlay.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 28 of 29

Jump to: