Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
KDE 4 in gentoo portage?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kollin
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reavertm wrote:
Hi

I've got one 'off-topic question. What's all about 'kde' overlay (layman -L | grep kde)? It's some kind of Paludis' squirt's playground? (sorry for explicit language). I don't see the point in creating and maintaining overlay in unsupported format (how many Gentoo users use Paludis? 5%?) - duplicated effort. I know that (former?) kde maintainer (philantrop) is there - I have huge respect for his work though I don't understand this situation - is it some kind of another wave of 'rebelling' developers? Could anyone clarify (in objective way) this situation a bit?
I see at least three overlays maintaining kde4 (which is a load of work - duplicated effort) and I don't see the point, really. I already heard stories about Paludis 'fanatics' over here and I don't believe that philantrop joined the stream.
And another question ebuilds from which overlay are the most likely to hit portage? kde-testing? kdesvn-portage?

edit: interesting read... https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=233301 - anwers some of my questions.

regards
MM

It`s just a matter of choice :wink:

91.70% done
joey_g
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is 4.1 taking so long? :(
stanislaw
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joey_g wrote:
Why is 4.1 taking so long? :(
Read the thread, read the content behind the reported bugzilla links.
bekkra
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rofl ... this "XX.YY" % done thing got me. I'd just love to see the figure updated regularly on my desktop.
Does anybody know of an applet that can display simple text from a file ( like as a result from a tun app ) ?

The little script is done ( a one liner, almost ), but I'd need to display the results...

I did these things with conky in the past, but I do not use conky in kde ... hm... maybe not a bad idea after all.

//
Kollin
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It`s getting complex: :wink:

Quote:
The official KDE 4.1 ebuilds appear to be approximately 91.70% done, of which 90.16% have 4.1.1 ebuilds.

xenon
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rsa4046 wrote:
xenon wrote:
I managed to emerge the whole KDE 4.1 with only minor issues about kdepimlibs. Presently though, I get a whole bunch of these:

Code:
Error during set creation: Redefinition of set 'live-rebuild' (sections: 'live-rebuild', 'kde4-overlay sets')

and kdeaccessibility-meta (and other packages which seem to vary between amarok, kttsd and a couple others) is
Quote:
- kde-base/kdeaccessibility-meta-4.1.0 (masked by: package.mask)
despite having copied all the package.unmask and package.keywords files the overlay provides. What's worse, I'm not even able to manually unmask the package! Instability is to be expected with such a bleeding-edge overlay, but seeing that no one else complains about this specific issue, I'm starting to think there's something wrong on my side. Thanks to anyone willing to help, if more information is needed just ask.

Can I ask which portage version you're using?

Sorry, I completely missed your reply. Portage 2.2_rc8.
stanislaw
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bekkra wrote:
Rofl ... this "XX.YY" % done thing got me. I'd just love to see the figure updated regularly on my desktop.
Does anybody know of an applet that can display simple text from a file ( like as a result from a tun app ) ?

The little script is done ( a one liner, almost ), but I'd need to display the results...
//
I once did something similarly with (Super)Karamba on KDE, getting information from a webpage with links browser, parsing it and displaying it on the desktop. But I'm afraid, I can't find this anymore.
zebrapad
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KDE 4.1.1 released !
http://www.kde.org/announcements/announce-4.1.1.php
rek2
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!
http://jabber.binaryfreedom.info
Yanaar
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Maybe this plasmoid is something for you if it is a oneliner?

http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/Command+Watch?content=84523

=/\=
m1k0
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't install 4.1.1 :(
Code:

laptok ~ # emerge -av =kde-meta-4.1.1
<cut/>
[ 15%] Building CXX object kdecore/CMakeFiles/kdecore.dir/kdecore_automoc.o                                                                       
Linking CXX shared library ../lib/libkdecore.so                                                                                                   
[ 15%] Built target kdecore                                                                                                                       
make: *** [all] Błąd 2                                                                                                                             
 *                                                                                                                                                 
 * ERROR: kde-base/kdelibs-4.1.1 failed.                                                                                                           
 * Call stack:                                                                                                                                     
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_compile                                                                                         
 *             environment, line 2623:  Called kde4overlay-base_src_compile                                                                       
 *             environment, line 1916:  Called kde4overlay-base_src_make                                                                           
 *             environment, line 1949:  Called cmake-utils_src_make                                                                               
 *             environment, line  645:  Called die                                                                                                 
 * The specific snippet of code:                                                                                                                   
 *           emake "$@" || die "Make failed!";                                                                                                     
 *  The die message:                                                                                                                               
 *   Make failed!

--
updated
I visited
http://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=156895
and I changed
Code:
make.conf
#MAKEOPTS="-j3"

Code:
gcc-config i686-pc-linux-gnu-4.2.3
mv /usr/lib/libpcre.a /root/
mv /usr/lib/libpcre.a /root/

reemerge app-misc/strigi
And I get a new Error
Code:
[ 46%] Building CXX object kio/kio/dummyanalyzers/CMakeFiles/dummy.dir/dummyanalyzers.o                                                           
/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/kdelibs-4.1.1/work/kdelibs-4.1.1/kio/kio/dummyanalyzers/dummyanalyzers.cpp:43: error: conflicting return type specified for ‘virtual char DummyEndAnalyzer::analyze(Strigi::AnalysisResult&, Strigi::InputStream*)’                                                         
/usr/include/strigi/streamendanalyzer.h:37: error:   overriding ‘virtual signed char Strigi::StreamEndAnalyzer::analyze(Strigi::AnalysisResult&, Strigi::InputStream*)’                                                                                                                               
make[2]: *** [kio/kio/dummyanalyzers/CMakeFiles/dummy.dir/dummyanalyzers.o] Błąd 1                                                                 
make[1]: *** [kio/kio/dummyanalyzers/CMakeFiles/dummy.dir/all] Błąd 2                                                                             
make: *** [all] Błąd 2                                                                                                                             
 *                                                                                                                                                 
 * ERROR: kde-base/kdelibs-4.1.1 failed.                                                                                                           

---
updated
I downgrade strigi to 0.5.11 version, and now is OK.

Last edited by m1k0 on Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
bekkra
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yanaar wrote:

Maybe this plasmoid is something for you if it is a oneliner?

http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/Command+Watch?content=84523

=/\=

Heh, thanks for the tip, Yanaar, but I'm ... eh... waiting for the KDE 4 Gentoo release, which means that "Plasmoids" are teh future for me :) Damn, maybe I'll have to learn something new and actually write a tool.

//
Kollin
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"October 1st, 2008: Release KDE 4.1.2" :mrgreen:

The official KDE 4.1 ebuilds appear to be approximately 91.70% done, of which 90.55% have 4.1.1 ebuilds. :?
pmatos
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kollin wrote:
"October 1st, 2008: Release KDE 4.1.2" :mrgreen:

The official KDE 4.1 ebuilds appear to be approximately 91.70% done, of which 90.55% have 4.1.1 ebuilds. :?

So, will the 4.1.1 ebuild be in portage by the time 4.1.2 is released?
phil_r
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the speed it's going, probably 4.1.3 :roll:
BlackEye
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

# layman -S
* Running command "cd "/usr/portage/local/layman/kdesvn-portage" && /usr/bin/git pull"...
Updating 554da8d..414ffaf
Documentation/portage/package.keywords/kde-extra-4.1.keywords: needs update
Documentation/portage/package.keywords/kde4-extras.keywords: needs update
fatal: Entry 'Documentation/portage/package.keywords/kde4-extras.keywords' not uptodate. Cannot merge.
* Errors:
* ------
* Failed to sync overlay "kdesvn-portage".
* Error was: Syncing overlay "kdesvn-portage" returned status 32768!

eh? Whats wrong?
ggaaron
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you altered the overlay manually?
If you remove and add the overlay again it should solve the problem.
BlackEye
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ggaaron wrote:
Have you altered the overlay manually?
If you remove and add the overlay again it should solve the problem.

Not that I can remember... However. Removing it and readding the oberlay fixed the issue. thanks!
m1k0
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed kopete 4.1.1 and I dont have Jabber account for configure...
Code:
laptok ~ # eix qca-ossl                   
[I] app-crypt/qca-ossl                   
     Available versions:  (2)  (~)2.0.0_beta3
        {debug}                             
     Installed versions:  2.0.0_beta3(2)(20:32:40 4 IX 2008)(-debug)
     Homepage:            http://delta.affinix.com/qca/             
     Description:         TLS, S/MIME, PKCS#12, crypto algorithms plugin for QCA

laptok ~ # eix kopete
[I] kde-base/kopete 
     Available versions: 
        (3.5)   (~)3.5.6-r2 3.5.8 3.5.9
        (kde-4) [M](~)4.0.4 [M](~)4.0.5
        (4.1)   {M}(~)4.1.0[1] {M}(~)4.1.1[1]
        (4.2)   [M](~)4.1.64[1]             
        (kde-svn)       **9999[1]           
                          4.1.1(4.1)[1](17:50:11 5 IX 2008)(htmlhandbook sms ssl -+addbookmarks -+alias -+autoreplace -+contactnotes -+highlight -+history -+jabber -+msn -+nowlistening -+oscar -+otr -+pipes -+privacy -+statistics -+texteffect -+translator -+urlpicpreview -+webpresence -debug -gadu -groupwise -latex -messenger -qq -testbed -winpopup -yahoo)
     Homepage:            http://www.kde.org/
     Description:         KDE multi-protocol IM client

bartek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: kde-base/okular-9999 failed Reply with quote

Code:
>>> Emerging (1 of 149) kde-base/okular-9999 to /
 * checking ebuild checksums ;-) ...                                                                                    [ ok ]
 * checking auxfile checksums ;-) ...                                                                                   [ ok ]
 * checking miscfile checksums ;-) ...                                                                                  [ ok ]
/usr/portage/local/layman/kdesvn-portage/kde-base/okular/okular-9999.ebuild: line 29: error: command not found               
 *                                                                                                                           
 * ERROR: kde-base/okular-9999 failed.                                                                                       
 * Call stack:                                                                                                               
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called pkg_setup                                                                     
 *      okular-9999.ebuild, line   30:  Called die                                                                           
 *              die "Need app-text/poppler-bindings with qt4 enabled"                                                         
 *  The die message:                                                                                                         
 *   Need app-text/poppler-bindings with qt4 enabled                                                                         
 *                                                                                                                           
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.                                         
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/okular-9999/temp/build.log'.                                 
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/okular-9999/temp/die.env'.                           
 *                                                                                                                           
Kollin
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: kde-base/okular-9999 failed Reply with quote

bartek wrote:
Code:
 * checking ebuild checksums ;-) ...                                                                                    [ ok ]
 * checking auxfile checksums ;-) ...                                                                                   [ ok ]
 * checking miscfile checksums ;-) ...                                                                                  [ ok ]
/usr/portage/local/layman/kdesvn-portage/kde-base/okular/okular-9999.ebuild: line 29: error: command not found               
 *                                                                                                                           
 * Call stack:                                                                                                               
 *  The die message:                                                                                                         
 *                                                                                                                           
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.                                         
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/okular-9999/temp/build.log'.                                 
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/okular-9999/temp/die.env'.                           
 *                                                                                                                           

You can try to remove and add the overlay again :idea:
bartek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Re: kde-base/okular-9999 failed Reply with quote

Kollin wrote:
bartek wrote:
Code:
 *                                                                                                                           
 * Call stack:                                                                                                               
 *  The die message:                                                                                                         
 *                                                                                                                           
 *                                                                                                                           

You can try to remove and add the overlay again :idea:

I thnik there is error in line 29 in okular-9999.ebuild. It shows when poppler-bindings is compiled without qt4 support.
m1k0
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

m1k0 wrote:
I installed kopete 4.1.1 and I dont have Jabber account for configure...

Code:
m1k0@laptok ~ $ kopete(10598)/libkopete Kopete::PluginManager::loadPluginInternal: Unable to find a plugin named ' "" '!
kopete(10598)/kopete (statistics): error " " on query: "SELECT name FROM sqlite_master WHERE type='table'"
kopete(10598)/kopete (statistics): error " " on query: "CREATE TABLE contactstatus (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,metacontactid TEXT,status TEXT,datetimebegin INTEGER,datetimeend INTEGER);"
kopete(10598)/kopete (statistics): error " " on query: "CREATE TABLE commonstats (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,metacontactid TEXT,statname TEXT,statvalue1 TEXT,statvalue2 TEXT);"
kopete(10598)/kopete (statistics): error " " on query: "CREATE TABLE statsgroup(id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY,datetimebegin INTEGER,datetimeend INTEGER,caption TEXT);"
kopete(10598)/libkopete Kopete::PluginManager::loadPluginInternal: Unable to find a plugin named ' "kopete_jabber" '!
QSqlDatabasePrivate::removeDatabase: connection 'kopete-statistics' is still in use, all queries will cease to work.

Kollin
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fro 5-th september:
Quote:
The official KDE 4.1 ebuilds appear to be approximately 91.70% done, of which 90.55% have 4.1.1 ebuilds.

from today:

Quote:
The official KDE 4.1 ebuilds appear to be approximately 90.29% done, of which 97.21% have 4.1.1 ebuilds.

Something smells fishy :? :roll:
pmatos
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's currently more stable for KDE 4.1, kde-testing or kdesvn-portage?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 27 of 29

Jump to: