distccd on BSD*?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
free beastie
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: distccd on BSD*? Reply with quote

Hi all,

is there anyone out who got a distccd running on a BSD system serving a gentoo system successfully? The only boxes around in my local network that make sense so serve as a distcc server are FreeBSD's, and I believe it's more than just theoretically possible. Since I have already tried some bit, let me tell you my experiences:

I needed to install a gcc version 3 (to not infere with the standard compiler environment, I installed by hand using --prefix=some/other/path) and let distccd use it (PATH="some/other/path/bin:/bin"). Worked fine at first, hit problems with installing qt. Maybe this was the first C++ compile, maybe there is some other reason.

I hope to find some people this way with either more success than I had or with interest to try-and-error find a working solution that we can make accessible to the world. I do not know how much work that would be, so the more people, the better!

Cheers
Thomas
PowerFactor
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't have a freebsd box to practice on(yet). But I have been researching getting distcc working on cygwin. As AFIK you would still need a cross compiler on bsd to compile for linux I believe the procedure would be similar. But probably easier. Here are a couple links I've been looking at. Haven't got it working on cygwin yet though. Only started trying last night.

http://cvs.gentoo.org/~aiken/cygwin-cross/

From the distcc faq.
cygwin-to-linux-cross-howto
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: