Java/SWT application mozilla/webkit part not working
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tomtom69
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject: Java/SWT application mozilla/webkit part not working Reply with quote

I have a java application (ERP system that my company uses, however "windows only") which almost works using gentoo and oracle-jre-bin.
However some transaction windows of the application do not show up completely but give errors.
It looks like these application windows use some html/browser functionality for their display. Unfortunately I do not know much about java so I do not really understand what's going wrong here.
The java console gives the following output:

Code:
Caused by: org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles [Unknown Mozilla path (MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME not set)]
   at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Mozilla.initMozilla(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Mozilla.create(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Browser.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at chrriis.dj.nativeswing.swtimpl.components.core.NativeWebBrowser.createControl(NativeWebBrowser.java:431)
   ... 25 more

Some keyword searches make me believe that there is some swt part of the application that use webkit or mozilla.
First try was to include "export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/lib64/firefox" before the application launch. This causes the errors to change to the following:

Code:
Caused by: org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles [MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME='/usr/lib64/firefox'] (java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not load SWT library. Reasons:
   no swt-mozilla-gtk-3738 in java.library.path
   no swt-mozilla-gtk in java.library.path
   /home/tom/.swt/lib/linux/x86_64/libswt-mozilla-gtk-3738.so: libxpcom.so: Kann die Shared-Object-Datei nicht öffnen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
   Can't load library: /home/tom/.swt/lib/linux/x86_64/libswt-mozilla-gtk.so
)
   at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Mozilla.initMozilla(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Mozilla.create(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Browser.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at chrriis.dj.nativeswing.swtimpl.components.core.NativeWebBrowser.createControl(NativeWebBrowser.java:431)
   ... 25 more
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not load SWT library. Reasons:
   no swt-mozilla-gtk-3738 in java.library.path
   no swt-mozilla-gtk in java.library.path
   /home/tom/.swt/lib/linux/x86_64/libswt-mozilla-gtk-3738.so: libxpcom.so: Kann die Shared-Object-Datei nicht öffnen: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
   Can't load library: /home/tom/.swt/lib/linux/x86_64/libswt-mozilla-gtk.so

at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
   ... 29 more

I tried also to emerge webkit-gtk, because this is often mentioned to be the default browser engine for Java, and some forum entries I found mention that the libxpcom.so is an old netscape library that is not supported any more, but without success.

Any hint how to get this working?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: