Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Which USEflags should I use for my portage binhost?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kasumi_Ninja
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voxiac wrote:
Aniruddha wrote:
Update
This is strange. Alsa is working properly but KDE soundeffects aren working :?. Can this be due to the missing arts flag? Anyhow I remove the the -arts flag.

Yeah it looks like KDE System Notifications uses arts only (they call it 'KDE Sound System' in the KControl i suppose) and can't use alsa instead. I've not noticed it because I turn off all system sounds anyway... The only workaround I found is to use external player to play those sounds (yay for KDE's configurability) in KControl --> Sound & Multimedia --> System Notifications --> Player Settings (like ogg123 or mplayer). But this is of course sub-optimal...

Thanks for figuring this out!

slycordinator wrote:
Here's a workaround for it

http://codeforfun.wordpress.com/2006/12/22/use-alsa-for-kde-sounds/

Essentially, you make a script that'll call aplay for you. And if you like mpg123 instead of mpg321 just edit the script. Then change the system command that is called to be that script.

Thanks, it always good to have a workaround :wink: . For the purpose of binary packages for Gentoo I'll just include the arts USEflag.
Kasumi_Ninja
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated the USEflag list towards it's final status. Please let me know what you think!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: