SB Live! and onboard video
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SirJoltalot
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:18 am    Post subject: SB Live! and onboard video Reply with quote

I'm running a dual athlon on a Tyan Thunder K7 board. The board has a built-in crappy ATi video card (PCI). I also have an AGP GeForce3 Ti500.

I didn't use to use the onboard, but I got a 15" monitor for free a while ago so I figured I'd hook it up. I got Xinerama and everything working, but now if I'm listening to music, and there's activity on the second (onboard) screen, the sound crackles. It's the weirdest thing. Has anybody ever heard of stuff like this? I've tried the SBLive! ALSA drivers, the kernel ones and the ones from opensource.creative.com and they all have this problem.

Is there anything I can do, short of stop using the second display? I'd really hate to have to stop using it just 'cos of this. They're not on the same IRQ or anything (in fact the onboard video has no IRQ, according to lspci) and I'm booting with "mem=nopentium noapic".
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: