My Geforce card goes out after a few minutes
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGreatPhilHansen
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: My Geforce card goes out after a few minutes Reply with quote

I just recently installed a Geforce 2 mx 400 pci and when i boot up the first thing i notice is that the bios menus and anything that is drawn in cells is SLOW. I didn't think that to be much of a problem as the bios menus are still usable. Also i didn't see any irq conflicts on the pci bus list at boot. However once im booted into my OS, it either locks up or just reboots after about 2-3 minutes. And if im in the bios the screen goes haywire. The screen distorts into black, white, and color splotches and eventually just appears as a striped black and white screen. This really seems to be an irq problem to me, but there aren't any conflicts or anything else that I can see that is irregular as far as configuration. I really need some ideas and im really desperate to get this thing to work since i was using a crappy voodoo3 2000 pci before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
drizzt
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. looks like your VIDEO BIOS shadow is not selected (not a problem)
2. looks like your Powersource is not strong enough. Normally this happens when the graphics adapter switches from text to graphics mode.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: