Gentoo DVB
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uxbod
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:48 pm    Post subject: Gentoo DVB Reply with quote

Have just gone out and bought a Haupaugge Nova-T DVB card and Hi-Gain aerial ... now the fun starts in getting it too work under Gentoo.

Two things I now need is a IR receiver and remote control handset. Does anybody have any experience of where I can get the receiver from in the UK ?
Weejoker
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Hauppauge Nova-T and I used LIRC to do the IR stuff.

For a good IR reciever, check http://www.lirc.org. The 'Homebrew' (DIY) IR receiver seems to be the ideal choice as it appears to have the best performance. You need to solder it all together though from the raw components (you can find them in a Maplin or RS catalogue in the UK), but it seems worth the hassle. If you're not good soldering, you can buy one online (somewhere on the site).

As for remote, either pick one of the "known" remotes supported by LIRC or if you have time on your hands, get any old remote and figure out the codes for yourself. Saves money I guess. :)

Good luck,

John
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: