Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Apache not working after upgrade (mod_access.so)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Horus107
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Apache not working after upgrade (mod_access.so) Reply with quote

Hello,
I updated my apache today to the latest version in x86 and nothing works:

Quote:

anubis ~ # /etc/init.d/apache2 stop
* Caching service dependencies ... [ ok ]
* Apache2 has detected a syntax error in your configuration files:
apache2: Syntax error on line 228 of /etc/apache2/httpd.conf: Cannot load /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_access.so into server: /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_access.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What's up with mod_access? How to solve that?

Thanks,

Florian
lukas.svoboda
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same problem here
Horus107
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've solved it with downgrading to apache-2.0.

Anyway, since things like that happen regurlary and I'm tired of it my way to solve it on the long run is to say good bye to Gentoo (migrate my server to Debian, my Desktop to Kubuntu).
MerlinYoda
n00b
n00b

Location: Indiana, United States, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, "The Universe"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horus107 wrote:

Anyway, since things like that happen regurlary and I'm tired of it my way to solve it on the long run is to say good bye to Gentoo (migrate my server to Debian, my Desktop to Kubuntu).

No need to downgrade (or switch from Gentoo for that matter), just run etc-update to merge in the new httpd.conf and that error is taken care of. Though you may wind up with more to sort out, but other threads here address them.

While it's true that this upgrage does require exercising some caution and research before-hand, you can't just *expect* all upgrades to be smooth and seamless 100% of the time so that don't have to spare any thought on the process... especially if it is more than just a slight version increase (i.e. change in the minor or major version number == more than slight change).

Luckily in my case I have a test server these days to work these things out on so that everything will work smoothly before doing the same to the production server. Before it was more of a "let's fly by the seat of our pants and update the production server today" approach. :-)
pag-r
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MerlinYoda wrote:
Horus107 wrote:

No need to downgrade (or switch from Gentoo for that matter), just run etc-update to merge in the new httpd.conf and that error is taken care of. Though you may wind up with more to sort out, but other threads here address them.

While it's true that this upgrage does require exercising some caution and research before-hand, you can't just *expect* all upgrades to be smooth and seamless 100% of the time so that don't have to spare any thought on the process... especially if it is more than just a slight version increase (i.e. change in the minor or major version number == more than slight change).

Luckily in my case I have a test server these days to work these things out on so that everything will work smoothly before doing the same to the production server. Before it was more of a "let's fly by the seat of our pants and update the production server today" approach. :-)

Unfortunately etc-update don't work. Still have same problem. And afterall i don't know how to downgrade apache ;(.
pag-r
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've downgrade apache and now all seems to be ok.
Martz
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have the same problem, and made the mistake of not merging my apache file.

Any ideas as to what I should do? I tried to re-emerge it but I couldnt etc-update again
snIP3r
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martz wrote:
I also have the same problem, and made the mistake of not merging my apache file.

Any ideas as to what I should do? I tried to re-emerge it but I couldnt etc-update again

hi martz!

you could copy your apache config from /etc/apache2 to e.g. /etc/apache2_1, re-emerge apache again and then diff all the config files. this could be much work to do but it's worth doing it.

HTH
snIP3r
-----------------------------------------------
if your problem is fixed please add something like [solved] to the topic!
SKab
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hade the same problem. I change to the new httpd.conf file and now it works ;)
quackdamnyou
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this was driving me nuts! I didn't want to have to replace my rather complicated config. In 2.2, mod_access has been renamed to mod_authz_host, per:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/new_features_2_2.html

More significant changes, so I guess I need to use the new config. Oh well.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: