Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
PCMCIA orinoco card not working (not using pcmcia-cs)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goanuj
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: PCMCIA orinoco card not working (not using pcmcia-cs) Reply with quote

Disclaimer: I have a Thinkpad 240X laptop (it is getting a bit touchy in its old age)

I have had such a hard time getting my normal ethernet card (3COM 3c574) working under pcmcia_cs that I gave up and just built the 3c574_cs.o module directly into the kernel. I did a similar thing with my Orinoco Silver card as well. However, there seems to be a horribly bit matrix of possible combinations with this card and menuconfig. As a result I have not been able to load it up properly under gentoo. Now under knoppix the card works fine, so I know it is nto a hardware problem, but under gentoo it is a different story.

What should I try to do to enable this card to work if I do not want to use pcmcia-cs?

well judging from the lack of response I do not think anyone runs without pcmcia-cs! :)

Thanks
ttye0
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After me setting up all my modules for my Orinoco card and everything...the way I brought it up at one point in time was by starting cardmgr. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I think that comes with pcmcia-cs-utils or something of that sort.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: