installing gentoo on sata disk p35 chipset
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malahal
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: installing gentoo on sata disk p35 chipset Reply with quote

I just assembled a new system with abit ip35-e motherboard and have a sata disk. The BIOS sees the disk but the 2007.0 liveCD (actually liveUSB I created from the livCD) doesn't recognize the SATA disk. The motherboard uses ICH9 south bridge that has intel SATA controllers. Does the latest kernel support this SATA controller? If so, how do I change the liveCD kernel? Thanks in advance.
der.gecko
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try it with the newest minimal sabayon livecd. it should recognise the sata controller. at least it did here... oh, and the intel ich9 is supported in the kernel since 2.6.19... it just seems that specific os's or configurations don't work... i have no idea why 8O
malahal
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: could not boot liveusb sabayon Reply with quote

I created liveusb from liveCD of sabayon, but it doesn't boot. It fails with the following:

"unknown keyword in syslinux.cfg" and
"Could not find kernel image: /boot/sa.bay"

I copied /boot/sabayon to /sabayon and changed syslinux.cfg and then ran syslinux. No, it didn't help.
It now gives the same first error and the second error os "/sabayon" instead of /boot/sa.bay

Does anyone know how to create liveusb from liveCD of sabayon? I used gentoo HOWTO instructions but may not work for sabayon. Thanks for ur time. I don't have a CDROM!
malahal
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: systemRescueCD worked beautifully Reply with quote

It is just 125MB and there are clear instructions to make liveUSB from liveCD at their website. The latest one uses more recent kernel and it found everything I need. Hopefully, I will be able install gentoo now
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: