View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sl70
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Gnome upgrade screwed printing orientation Reply with quote

Since the gnome 2.18 upgrade I haven't been able to print landscape (it was working fine before). I've noticed this on two computers with two printers in gnumeric and abiword, both of which use libgnomeprint. I set the paper orientation to landscape and print preview shows the page in landscape, but the page comes out of the printer in portrait. I rebuilt gnumeric after upgrading gnome, but it did not help. Anyone have a clue?

TIA.
rickythesk8r
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed the same problem with abiword (app-office/abiword-2.4.6). However, my "gnome" use flag is off:

Code:
# equery u abiword
[ Found these USE variables for app-office/abiword-2.4.6 ]
 U I
 - - debug : Enable extra debug codepaths, like asserts and extra output. If you want to get meaningful backtraces see http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/backtraces.xml .
 - - gnome : Adds GNOME support
 + + spell : Adds dictionary support
 + + xml   : Add support for XML files

So I'm not sure whether there is a connection with libgnomeprint or not. One way or another, it looks like another Saturday morning spent trying to recover lost functionality that most people take for granted. This is the kind of thing that drives people to commercial software.

Update

I just installed abiword-2.4.6 onto a machine with libgnomeprint-2.12.1 and landscape printing works perfectly. (It's the machine that runs cupsd and hpoj for the network.) I guess I will trying reverting to an earlier version of libgnomeprint on the original machine.

Update #2

It worked.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: