Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
new highpoint raid problem (i hope i'm not re-posting)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mmontg1
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2002 2:18 am    Post subject: new highpoint raid problem (i hope i'm not re-posting) Reply with quote

guy's i've read around here about installing to an existing hardware raid0 array. supposedly you can boot the cd, insmod ataraid and hptraid and @ least get close to the grub part. well i can't get even remotely close to that. i had suse 8 previously installed so i decided to mke2fs on my /dev/ataraid/disc0/part3. everything went fine. btw part1 is win, part2 is swap. i make the /mnt/gentoo dir, mount the partition, mount the cd, untar the part1-xx.tbz2 and BOOM!!! tar gives me a segmentation fault, and a kernel dump. obviously ending my install. Any ideas what i'm doing wrong? or if i can use software raid to mount the partition and install i would surely appreciate a rundown of what modules i need to load, and maybe a link to a how-to that doesn't speak of older kernel 2.0 and 2.2 (www.linuxdoc.org). Your help is GREATLY appreciated.

thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

segfaults sometiems are a result of memory issues...make sure your bios settings are mild ...ie your ram timings are just normal...no fast or ultra settings...also if your overclocking the cpu dont for atleast the install....if this isnt the case and your not overclocking then uh you can just forget all this...lol
jason

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 7:39 pm    Post subject: same problem Reply with quote

I am having the exact same problem with mine so if you figure it out please let me know
Mala Zaba
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same probleme... I have Abit KR7-RAID. I try default-fault setting in bios, but same segment fault!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: