Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drescherjm
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some general advice.

1. Update gentoolkit to the latest unstable version or at least a app-portage/gentoolkit-0.2.4_pre* version. These are actually the only working versions as the stable version has a bug that prevents it from returning the full list of packages to reemerge.

2. Check and reemerge all slotted dev-libs/apr-util versions that you have installed.

3. Then run revdep-rebuild

Now for the kde. Check your use flags and do some commands like:
Code:
emerge -Ca kde

You may want to do a emerge --depclean after that followed by a revdep-rebuild.

My gentoo overlay
Instructons for overlay
BitJam
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moriah,

Here is how I fixed my expat woes:
  1. Emerge the old expat
  2. Copy the old expat libraries to /usr/local/lib
  3. Emerge the new expat
  4. Emerge the packages that had problems
  5. Delete/move the copied libraries after revdep-rebuild is happy
VinzC has an alternative solution that you can find by simply scrolling up on page 17 of the current thread. He is also adamant that you don't follow my advice even though the developers tell us they will automate a similar solution as part of Portage:
Quote:
portage-2.2 will (hopefully) take care of such problems by making a temporary copy of the affected libraries as long as they are used by other packages, and remove them as soon as no packages are using them anymore.

IMO both solutions leave your system in the exact same state so the choice depends on which solution is easier for you to implement. The problem is that some of the tools needed to build KDE get broken when extpat gets updated and Portage is unaware of these dependencies. VinzC's method is to track down exactly where this breakage occurs, figure out which Portage packages contains the offending tools, and then emerge those packages first before emerging KDE. The solution I used lets the tools use the old libexpat while KDE is built with the new libexpat.
Moriah
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. Update gentoolkit to the latest unstable version or at least a app-portage/gentoolkit-0.2.4_pre* version. These are actually the only working versions as the stable version has a bug that prevents it from returning the full list of packages to reemerge.

That makes good sense -- in what way is it "stable" to not return the entire list? DUH! :x

Not being a portage guru, how do I emerge the latest unstable version. The latest I see is:
Code:
*  app-portage/gentoolkit
      Latest version available: 0.2.3-r1
      Latest version installed: 0.2.3-r1
      Size of files: 90 kB
      Homepage:      http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/portage/tools/index.xml
      Description:   Collection of administration scripts for Gentoo
      License:       GPL-2

Thanks!

Foghorn Leghorn is a Warner Bros. cartoon character.
VinzC
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moriah wrote:
... how do I emerge the latest unstable version.

Add the line app-portage/gentoolkit to /etc/portage/package.keywords and emerge gentoolkit.
drescherjm
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
in what way is it "stable" to not return the entire list? DUH!

There were a few bug reports on this. What I found (in trying to remove this problem from 30+ machines) was revdep-rebuild would find a lot of broken packages and then in some cases when it got ready to build the list to emerge it would not generate all the packages that needed to be rebuilt. Also in some of these cases it would end there telling me something like there was nothing to emerge. The new rewritten revdep-rebuild appears to have fixed that.

My gentoo overlay
Instructons for overlay
VinzC
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moriah wrote:
... My web server (1 of 14 gentoo boxes) will no longer work...

I would warmly recommend, like I already posted much earlier, to manage yourself a test machine, which you can use to test expat upgrade and build binary packages to deploy on your production servers. Maintaining a chain of that many Gentoo servers can draw much energy if you must compile packages on each of them - this is definitely not the way to go, IMHO. You'd get better results and no more of a hassle when you do the upgrade on a single machine, build then deploy binary packages.

Deployment based on binary packages doesn't bring your production servers down when such a breakage occurs. Only your test/compile machine.

Unless, of course, you can't do any other way...
kyaphas
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I've been hit by this, and following the revdep-rebuild instructions did not work. I get the error about not being able to determine the correct order. I ended up following the previous tip a few posts back to upgrade gentoolkit and that seems to be going better. Revdep-rebuild now establishes an order for the build process and I'm ready to remove the -p from my RR command.

However. This is just an internal server running apache2. RR wants to load X with umpteen X-related libs and packages. How can I determine what's triggered this? I just want to get past the libexpat issue. Do I have to load X?

Here's my emerge --info.

Code:
# emerge --info
Portage 2.1.3.19 (default-linux/x86/2007.0/server, gcc-4.1.2, glibc-2.6.1-r0, 2.6.22-gentoo-r2 i686)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.22-gentoo-r2 i686 Pentium III (Katmai)
Timestamp of tree: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 15:16:01 +0000
app-shells/bash:     3.2_p17
dev-lang/python:     2.3.5-r3, 2.4.4-r6
dev-python/pycrypto: 2.0.1-r6
sys-apps/baselayout: 1.12.9-r2
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.18.1-r2
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.61-r1
sys-devel/automake:  1.4_p6, 1.5, 1.6.3, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r2, 1.10
sys-devel/binutils:  2.18-r1
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.3.16
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.24
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.22-r2
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86"
CBUILD="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium3 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /var/bind"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/env.d /etc/gconf /etc/php/apache2-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cgi-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cli-php5/ext-active/ /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/terminfo /etc/udev/rules.d"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium3 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="distlocks metadata-transfer sandbox sfperms strict unmerge-orphans userfetch"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://prometheus.cs.wmich.edu/gentoo"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --delete-after --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages --filter=H_**/files/digest-*"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.us.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="acl acpi apache2 berkdb bitmap-fonts bzip2 cli cracklib crypt cups dri fortran gdbm gpm iconv ipv6 isdnlog ldap lm_sensors mailwrapper midi mudflap mysql ncurses nls nptl nptlonly openmp pam pcre perl php pppd python readline reflection samba session snmp spl ssl tcpd truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts unicode x86 xml zlib" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1 emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="apm ark chips cirrus cyrix dummy fbdev glint i128 i740 i810 imstt mach64 mga neomagic nsc nv r128 radeon rendition s3 s3virge savage siliconmotion sis sisusb tdfx tga trident tseng v4l vesa vga via vmware voodoo"
Unset:  CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LANG, LC_ALL, LDFLAGS, LINGUAS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS, PORTDIR_OVERLAY

And my make.conf below;
Code:
# less /etc/make.conf
# These settings were set by the catalyst build script that automatically built this stage
# Please consult /etc/make.conf.example for a more detailed example
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium3 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://prometheus.cs.wmich.edu/gentoo"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.us.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="acpi apache2 bzip2 crypt lm_sensors mysql ncurses nptl nptlonly php samba snmp ssl -X -kde -alsa -mp3 -gnome -gtk -gtk2 -qt -qt3 -qt4 -quicktime -xmms -xorg -xv -mpeg -sdl -arts"

Thanks!
Moriah
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You'd get better results and no more of a hassle when you do the upgrade on a single machine, build then deploy binary packages.

That would be very nice, except for the fact that almost all the machines are different -- acquired, or comandeered, or rescued, at different times and for different purposes. I have everything from a 256 MB Packard-Bell P-75 with a 40 GB drive, to an AMD-64 with 2 GB and a 1 TB RAID array. In fact the main reason for choosing gentoo was the ability to highly tailor the o/s on a given machine for a special purpose.

I am seriously considering dividing these boxes up into categories, and somehow doing the offline build and test approach you suggest. Once an update is tested, it can be deployed as a binary to the real target boxes.

For even more extreme fun, I am administering these machines from about 400 miles away right now, using ssh and vnc on my laptop with broadband wireless. :?

Foghorn Leghorn is a Warner Bros. cartoon character.
kyaphas
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyaphas wrote:

However. This is just an internal server running apache2. RR wants to load X with umpteen X-related libs and packages. How can I determine what's triggered this? I just want to get past the libexpat issue. Do I have to load X?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? :D
drescherjm
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do I have to load X?

No. I have a few systems with apache and without X.

I would mask all versions of one of the X libs that are trying to be installed and then try an
Code:
emerge -uDv world
and see what complains about the mask. The other thing is to check your use flags and additionally add -X to the list.

The following thread may also be useful:

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-345191.html

My gentoo overlay
Instructons for overlay
cipherus
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: emerge gnome power management Reply with quote

First off, trying to emerge gnome-power-manager-2.20.2 during checking gave me an error for "XML::Parser needed"or similar, when I had XML-Parser-2.34 installed already... so I updated to XML-Parser-2.34-r1 and it passed the check.

After that I got "libexpat.so.0: cannot open shared object file"... I have the dev-libs/expat-2.0.1 already installed (the latest version in portage). So I went into /usr/lib/ and made it a symlink to libexpat.so.1.5.2.

plz2fix ebuild?
nixnut
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

merged above post here.

talk is cheap. supply exceeds demand
psk31
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still having some troubles trying to resolve some expat <-> KDE issues after an update to the latest stable ver of expat and kdelibs-3.5.8-r3 today.
I've run through the following procedure as outlined earlier in this thread:
Code:
emerge -v1 expat
rm /root/.revdep-rebuild*.?_*
revdep-rebuild -X --library libexpat.so.0

revdep-rebuild is indicating most all of my kde-3.5.8 packages need rebuilding however when it hits the first package it fails with this error:

Code:
checking for kde-config... /usr/kde/3.5/bin/kde-config
/usr/kde/3.5/bin/kde-config: error while loading shared libraries: libexpat.so.0
: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
configure: error: /usr/kde/3.5/bin/kde-config --prefix outputed the non existant
 prefix '' for kdelibs.
                    This means it has been moved since you installed it.
                    This won't work. Please recompile kdelibs for the new prefix

!!! Please attach the following file when filing a report to bugs.gentoo.org:
!!! /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/libkdegames-3.5.8/work/libkdegames-3.5.8/config.lo
g
 * ERROR: kde-base/libkdegames-3.5.8 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *                  ebuild.sh, line 1701:  Called dyn_compile
 *                  ebuild.sh, line 1039:  Called qa_call 'src_compile'
 *                  ebuild.sh, line   44:  Called src_compile
 *   libkdegames-3.5.8.ebuild, line   19:  Called kde-meta_src_compile
 *            kde-meta.eclass, line  380:  Called kde_src_compile
 *                 kde.eclass, line  170:  Called kde_src_compile 'all'
 *                 kde.eclass, line  340:  Called kde_src_compile 'myconf' 'conf
igure' 'make'
 *                 kde.eclass, line  322:  Called econf '--disable-setgid' '--di
sable-setgid' '--with-x' '--enable-mitshm' '--with-xinerama' '--with-qt-dir=/usr
/qt/3' '--enable-mt' '--with-qt-libraries=/usr/qt/3/lib' '--disable-dependency-t
racking' '--disable-debug' '--without-debug' '--disable-final' '--with-arts' '--
prefix=/usr/kde/3.5' '--mandir=/usr/kde/3.5/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/kde/3.5/s
hare/info' '--datadir=/usr/kde/3.5/share' '--sysconfdir=/usr/kde/3.5/etc'
 *                  ebuild.sh, line  638:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *                      die "econf failed"
 *  The die message:
 *   econf failed
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if rele
vant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/kde-base/libkdegames-3.5
.8/temp/build.log'.

* Messages for package kde-base/libkdegames-3.5.8:

* Call stack:
 *                  ebuild.sh, line 1701:  Called dyn_compile
 *                  ebuild.sh, line 1039:  Called qa_call 'src_compile'
 *                  ebuild.sh, line   44:  Called src_compile
 *   libkdegames-3.5.8.ebuild, line   19:  Called kde-meta_src_compile
 *            kde-meta.eclass, line  380:  Called kde_src_compile
 *                 kde.eclass, line  170:  Called kde_src_compile 'all'
 *                 kde.eclass, line  340:  Called kde_src_compile 'myconf' 'conf
igure' 'make'
 *                 kde.eclass, line  322:  Called econf '--disable-setgid' '--di
sable-setgid' '--with-x' '--enable-mitshm' '--with-xinerama' '--with-qt-dir=/usr
/qt/3' '--enable-mt' '--with-qt-libraries=/usr/qt/3/lib' '--disable-dependency-t
racking' '--disable-debug' '--without-debug' '--disable-final' '--with-arts' '--
prefix=/usr/kde/3.5' '--mandir=/usr/kde/3.5/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/kde/3.5/s
hare/info' '--datadir=/usr/kde/3.5/share' '--sysconfdir=/usr/kde/3.5/etc'
 *                  ebuild.sh, line  638:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *                      die "econf failed"
 *  The die message:
 *   econf failed

What have I over-looked? I did try recompiling a different kde package in the revdep-rebuild list manually and I received the same crash.
drescherjm
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What have I over-looked?

I have seen this. For me I believe the problem is that revdep-rebuild -X only rebuilds the highest slotted apr-util and not the version that kde was depending on. I solved that by manually rebuilding all versions of apr-util that I had on my system.

To see what versions of apr-util you have:

Code:
equery list apr-util

My gentoo overlay
Instructons for overlay
psk31
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip.
Here's what I've got slotted:
Code:
equery list apr-util
[ Searching for package 'apr-util' in all categories among: ]
 * installed packages
[I--] [M ] dev-libs/apr-util-0.9.12-r1 (0)
[I--] [  ] dev-libs/apr-util-1.2.10 (1)

So just to confirm, your suggesting I rebuild both or just apr-util-1.2.10, as 0.9.12-r1 is masked?

-psk31
drescherjm
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So just to confirm, your suggesting I rebuild both?

dev-libs/apr-util-0.9.12-r1 is probably the one causing the problem as it was in my case. I see it is masked in your case so you will have to add it to your keywords.

My gentoo overlay
Instructons for overlay
kyaphas
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drescherjm wrote:
Quote:
Do I have to load X?

No. I have a few systems with apache and without X.

I would mask all versions of one of the X libs that are trying to be installed and then try an
Code:
emerge -uDv world
and see what complains about the mask. The other thing is to check your use flags and additionally add -X to the list.

The following thread may also be useful:

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-345191.html

Thanks! that thread looks like it could be helpful.

What confuses me, is that I already have -X in my use flags (see my code example a couple of posts up), but it's still trying to merge it.

I'll try both (masking the X libs, and looking over that thread more closely). Thanks!
psk31
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so unmasked dev-libs/apr-util-0.9.12-r1 and rebuilt both versions of apr-util
Code:
equery list apr-util
[ Searching for package 'apr-util' in all categories among: ]
 * installed packages
[I--] [  ] dev-libs/apr-util-0.9.12-r1 (0)
[I--] [  ] dev-libs/apr-util-1.2.10 (1)

however, still seeing the same error when the revdep-rebuild -X is run (first kde package in the list it attempts to rebuild):
Code:
checking for kde-config... /usr/kde/3.5/bin/kde-config
/usr/kde/3.5/bin/kde-config: error while loading shared libraries: libexpat.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
configure: error: /usr/kde/3.5/bin/kde-config --prefix outputed the non existant prefix '' for kdelibs.
                    This means it has been moved since you installed it.
                    This won't work. Please recompile kdelibs for the new prefix.

!!! Please attach the following file when filing a report to bugs.gentoo.org:
!!! /var/tmp/portage/kde-base/libkdegames-3.5.8/work/libkdegames-3.5.8/config.log

Suggestions?
psk31
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reading back on the history of expat I see some are temp. down-grading back to <expat-2.0 to restore their systems. I just had a look at my /usr/lib to see what was what:
Code:
-rw-r--r--   1 root root   159376 Jan 22 21:30 libexpat.a
-rw-r--r--   1 root root      793 Jan 22 21:30 libexpat.la
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root       17 Jan 22 21:30 libexpat.so -> libexpat.so.1.5.2
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root root       17 Jan 22 21:30 libexpat.so.1 -> libexpat.so.1.5.2
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root root   128300 Jan 22 21:30 libexpat.so.1.5.2

Does this look acceptable? This is of course after an emerge of dev-lib/expat-2.0.1
Code:
equery list expat
[ Searching for package 'expat' in all categories among: ]
 * installed packages
[I--] [  ] dev-libs/expat-2.0.1 (0)

I should mention I'm still running in an X session during all this. Is there any reason I can't recover from this while in X or do I need to drop back to the cmd line (I know kde will be toast if I try to startx at this point.
Still not sure where to go from here.

psk31
drescherjm
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
however, still seeing the same error when the revdep-rebuild -X is run (first kde package in the list it attempts to rebuild):

Sorry. It looks like apr-util is not the cause of your problem.

Quote:
Suggestions?

You may want to try the latest unstable gentoolkit. There is a bug in the stable revdep-rebuild that may prevent it in generating the full list of packages to rebuild.

My gentoo overlay
Instructons for overlay
drescherjm
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I should mention I'm still running in an X session during all this. Is there any reason I can't recover from this while in X or do I need to drop back to the cmd line (I know kde will be toast if I try to startx at this point.

At home I fixed this problem while in X. At work I mostly sshd in to the dozens of machines I had to update...

My gentoo overlay
Instructons for overlay
BitJam
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psk31 wrote:
Still not sure where to go from here.

I posted my solution to the problem here.

Note that you need to be careful when copying libexpat.so since it is a symbolic link. I ended up creating a regular file /usr/local/lib/libexpat.so that was identical to /usr/local/lib/libexpat.so.0.5.0. This caused revdep-rebuild to issues warnings which was probably a good thing since it reminded me to remove the temporary library files when I was done. Same thing with /usr/local/lib/libexpat.so.0.

This worked for me and did not harm my system at all. In fact one of the dev's said they are planning to modify Portage so it automatically implements a solution like this.
GODhack
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: gtk+ no pango? -> pango exists -> recompile -> erro Reply with quote

So as topic says. gtk+ gives error than I have no pango, bet i installed pango yesterday. So I try to recompile pango and it gives error.
Log here:
http://www.paste.lt/paste/38d681edb52c9e3c4563448ccdc90722
nixnut
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
/var/tmp/portage/x11-libs/pango-1.18.3/work/pango-1.18.3/pango/.libs/lt-pango-querymodules: error while loading shared libraries: libexpat.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [pango.modules] Error 127

expat error so, merged above post here.

talk is cheap. supply exceeds demand
ConVicTioN
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that expat is still braking systems and revdep-rebuild still does not handle it the way it should and the best solution is still emerge world..... Why not just rebuild the systems takes just as long since world always stops. hahahah

I am going to keep waiting for the portage and revdep-rebuild builds that handles this comes out before I go through this mess again on my servers.

7 years of gentoo and this has to be the worst issue I have faced with this looping locking dependences on this lib. I did fix three of my servers with the expat lib move of the old but talk about a pain and doing this to all of my boxes is out of the question. O well keep up the good fight ;)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 18 of 20

Jump to: