OpenMoko now available...
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atrus123
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: OpenMoko now available... Reply with quote

https://direct.openmoko.com/

Still waiting for v2, but I can't say I don't want one now.
tylerwylie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dupe
atrus123
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beat me to it. I was just about to delete it.
tylerwylie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well your thread has more posts already so you might win.
dforsyth
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:cry:
abaelinor
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dunno why anyone would buy v1 right now. wait until october and get v2 which has wifi. THAT will be seriously sick.
chrismcdirty
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djlosch wrote:
i dunno why anyone would buy v1 right now. wait until october and get v2 which has wifi. THAT will be seriously sick.

Doesn't v2 also have dual 3d chips and a few other nice features?
System33
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

djlosch wrote:

qft
Zepp
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The September (?) released version going to be $450 US though isn't it? Not gonna be able to afford a phone that pricey :(. That's like $471 CDN at current rates + any extra taxes/fees. Damn.
System33
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zepp wrote:
The September (?) released version going to be $450 US though isn't it? Not gonna be able to afford a phone that pricey :(. That's like $471 CDN at current rates + any extra taxes/fees. Damn.

Can't you get one for free as a developer? Perhaps I could learn C like crazy and start customizing the interface so that you could slide the menus around with the touch screen and stuff and implement a composite manager.
Zepp
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

System33 wrote:
Zepp wrote:

Can't you get one for free as a developer? Perhaps I could learn C like crazy and start customizing the interface so that you could slide the menus around with the touch screen and stuff and implement a composite manager.

No, I think the developer one is a bit cheaper or something? Not sure, haven't been following much. Like $300 USD I could maybe swing but $450 is too much at the moment.
atrus123
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zepp wrote:
System33 wrote:
Zepp wrote:

No, I think the developer one is a bit cheaper or something? Not sure, haven't been following much. Like $300 USD I could maybe swing but $450 is too much at the moment.

They were giving out free developers versions during phase 0. However, phase 0 has come and gone. Now you've got to shell out the cash.

You don't just need to know C to become an OpenMoko developer. It also supports other types of scripting, including Python and JavaScript.
Zepp
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atrus123 wrote:
Zepp wrote:
System33 wrote:
Zepp wrote:

They were giving out free developers versions during phase 0. However, phase 0 has come and gone. Now you've got to shell out the cash.

You don't just need to know C to become an OpenMoko developer. It also supports other types of scripting, including Python and JavaScript.

What requirements are there for being classified as a developer?
atrus123
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zepp wrote:
atrus123 wrote:
Zepp wrote:
System33 wrote:
Zepp wrote:

What requirements are there for being classified as a developer?

I'm not sure what the requirements are, but there is a projects page that you can get to from openmoko.org. There aren't too many projects listed right now but one way to become a developer might be to get involved with one of those.
think4urs11
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUP for openmoko developer preview!; moved from Off the Wall to Duplicate Threads.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Duplicate Threads All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: