compiz fusion problems... really weird
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hell-Razor
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: compiz fusion problems... really weird Reply with quote

I just got done installing compiz-fusion on my machine with xfce4 as the desktop. Anyway, I go to open up the settings and whenever I click something to be enable, it will stay for about three seconds then uncheck itself. Same with things I uncheck, I will uncheck them and it will re-check it self. Sounds quite weird but it is happening. Any ideas? I have never had this happen to me before nor do I have any idea what is going on.

{edit}
just some spelling errors and also ==>
I cannot figure out where I can change it to xgl or whatever so it wont slow down cedega. I know somebody out there was talking about cf and cedega running just fine together and i have seen it done on a worse machine that mine. Anybody know what to do to run cedega games and cf with no slowdowns?
ChrisJumper
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Hell-Razor!

The best Way to play on Linux using with cedega and compiz-fusion is to emerge fluxbox. Because its WITHOUT compiz. ;)

Every game will be slowdown 20-30 Frames. Maybe with nativ Games its another story, but if you install Fluxbox, you could just logoff to GDM/KDM and join fluxbox to play.

Its faster, and there's not much time needed for re(/dual)boot.

regards,

chris
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: