Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
pcmcia eject kernel panic (liveCD no kernel panic)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robpatriot
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 7:05 pm    Post subject: pcmcia eject kernel panic (liveCD no kernel panic) Reply with quote

I am currently trying to fix my pcmcia controller/ethernet card combination working. If I use the liveCD and set up pcmcia/network options it works exactly as I would expect. If I do the same with my own kernel and install it kernel panics when I eject the pcmcia network card. Before someone asks me about optimisation settings I am only using the correct march for my processor and -03 and -f omit-frame-pointer.

I have a vaio 505-TR which according to pcic-probe is a ricoh RL5C475. I believe this is an i82365 controller. Its also a PCI to cardbus type controller meaning that the kernel drivers won't work I think. Therefore it must be using the pcmcia-cs drivers I guess. I turn off all the options in the kernel for pcmcia except for basic pcmcia support. I install pcmcia-cs and hey ho everything works until I try and eject the card it kernel panics.

Can anyone give any suggestions or if not can anyone tell me where I can find the kernel options and pcmcia-cs version that the liveCD 1.4rc4 were built with as the whole thing works perfectly with that boot image.

Cheers,

R.
DiD@SyN
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only advice I can give you is to go the kernel menuconfig and look in every help for any opition. I think there will be options to enable hardware adding and removing at runtime.
second is how do you eject the card? for a clean eject of an pcmcia card use the command
Code:
cardctl eject [nr_of_slot]

replece nr_of_slot with your slot number, e.g. 0 oder 1

DiD@SyN
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: