Serious cdrom problem
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolbz
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: Serious cdrom problem Reply with quote

Ok. Something is seriously wrong with something! sorry can't be specific at all. I dont get any errors or anything but the original problem was posted here. since then I have tried another cd drive and during normal use of gentoo (ie not AA like I first thought) i try and mount it with no luck saying that too many filesystems are mounted or i have the wrong fs type. Then at the next reboot I am back with the problem outlined on the other thread. Does anybody have any idea what might be going on. A few specs are below:

First cd drive to die - BTC CD-RW
Second - standard cd rom drive

Using scsi emulation for both. could this be a potential problem?
Running an Athlon XP2000 on a K7S5A motherboard.
Both the cdroms were on their own ide channel.

Err I dont know what else to put but does anybody have any idea what could do this?

EDIT:

I have just reinstalled the second cd drive back into the original computer and it works a dream. So now what I need to know is whether their is some kind of 'hard' configuration option to disable cd drives like this because on the problematic computer the problem persists in windows and gentoo as well as being unable to boot, bootable cd's so cannot be a 'soft option. Sorry about the terminology but it's the best way that I can describe what I am thinking.

Thanks
Dolbz
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: