Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Why does beryl depend on compiz afer sync?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
l8bit
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Why does beryl depend on compiz afer sync? Reply with quote

Hey guys, I'm using the layman overlay for xeffects to install the SVG version of beryl and it has been working fine. I just did an emerge sync but now I get:

Code:
!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "~x11-wm/compiz-9999" have been masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
- x11-wm/compiz-9999 (masked by: ~amd64 keyword)

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man page or
refer to the Gentoo Handbook.
(dependency required by "x11-wm/emerald-9999" [ebuild])

does anyone know why? I've tried setting USE="-compiz" and do an emerge but it still wanted compiz.

I thought beryl has nothing to do with compiz, right?

thanks
gnomen
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use beryl from portage instead. Beryl and Compiz are merging as we speak. xeffects is up-to-date so it's of course happening there as well. You can emerge compcomm from xeffects to stay on the bleeding edge...
roderick
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Why does beryl depend on compiz afer sync? Reply with quote

l8bit wrote:

does anyone know why? I've tried setting USE="-compiz" and do an emerge but it still wanted compiz.

I thought beryl has nothing to do with compiz, right?

thanks

beryl is a "Meta" ebuild which pulls in all Beryl related projects in the overlay. THe Meta package, pulls in emerald. Emerald was updated (as part of the merge patch) to require compiz (instead of beryl) libraries. Beryl has been removed from the overlay in favor of the now merged compcomm package.

berly-9999 is equivalent to beryl-0.2.1 in portage. compcomm is not quite as ready as beryl-0.2.1 (beryl-9999) so, unless you want to bleed a little, I suggest you revert to beryl 0.2.1 for the short term and perhaps try compcomm later on. however, if you are comfortable in testing the new merged package, then emerge -C beryl (9999 version) and emerge the new compcomm.

Cheers.

PS: http://forums.gentoo-xeffects.org has postings about this change, as this is the official homepage for the xeffects overlay.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: