Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phirst
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case this is useful to anyone who ends up here:

I recently experienced a problem that sounds similar to what at least some people here are seeing.

When I tried to start X, the machine would crash hard, - no network response, only way out being the reset button. Completely reproducible.

I needed to add some modules to my kernel configuration. The problem started following a kernel compile and reboot (doesn't happen often).

amd64, xorg-server-1.7.6, nvidia-drivers-190.42-r3, vanilla-sources-2.6.31.6

I tried re emerging nvidia-drivers, that didn't help. Made sure everything was up to date (emerge -uDN world) and no broken reverse dependencies (revdep-rebuild -i), still didn't help.

To cut a long story short, the thing that actually fixed it was to do an: emerge -e xorg-server

I noticed a couple of days ago I went from gcc-4.3.4 to gcc-4.4.3-r2. This is essentially just a guess, but I suspect the problem was caused by having various parts of the system (xorg-server, nvidia-drivers, kernel, various X11 libraries etc) built with the different gcc versions. It could have been a dynamic link library version issue either, but a full rebuild to really ensure everything was consistent seemed to fix it either way. I'm now doing an emerge -e world to try and preemptively fix any other weirdness on the system resulting from similar issues.
Jazz-KP
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a strange issue for a long time, with different versions of software., maybe anyone can give me a hint:

I'm running KDE4 @ amd64, Core2Duo and 2 GB RAM, overall system seems to work fast and responsive, but on a really intense io operations (building GCC/OpenOffice, huge file processing, loading modern videogame) there is a small chance to get a deadlock (seems to happen only with KDE running, not with icewm). All processes get stalled waiting for disk, not utilizing CPU. Hard disk is raving mad and at same time nothing happens, probably everything stops to work (load is about 30). If I manage to kill X with a magic key (even if heavy io process is running in tty), everything goes back to norm in seconds. If not, system hangs after a while.

I know about the mystic IOWAIT bug, but why it affects only KDE?

Thanks in advance.
paul138
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phirst wrote:
To cut a long story short, the thing that actually fixed it was to do an: emerge -e xorg-server

Interesting phirst, I'm having the hardlock problem with the latest sources/gentoo release and pretty much the exact same system specs. I'll give your solution a shot.

It's been about 3-4 years since I've done a full Gentoo compile, kind of sad to see that the result is unusable. :(

EDIT: It worked. Thanks for the tip, phirst. Now to figure out why my wireless is screwed. ;)
esiminch
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:17 am    Post subject: laptop freeze on startx /X -configure Reply with quote

Hi all,

on 2.6.34-r1, ThinkPad T410 with Intel Arrandale with a custom kernel
the laptop freezes on startx or X -retro -config /root/xorg.conf.new (with
a fresh created xorg.conf.new with Xorg -config).

as this happens I'm not able to switch the tty, the laptop doesn't respond
to ping and caps lock is constantly blinking.

there is no error in /var/log/Xorg.0.log and Xorg -config exits without
complaining about anything.

I followed the guide at:
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xorg-config.xml#using_startx

so I completed all steps mentioned there.

at this point I have no idea how to debug, get information what is
going an, or what causes the problem - there are no error messages
and no log left. the only thing I see is a black screen, a blinking cursor
at the top left corner for a moment and a completly black screen after wards
and laptop the responds to nothing as a result. the only way that i could
get out of this was to hard-reboot using the power button.

please post here if you have any ideas what this could be or
how can it be figured out what causes the crash.

thanks in advance,
~esiminch

p.s. at this point i'm waiting for emerge -e xorg-server to complete after
i read the post from phirst above (sorry but i didn't see it before i've posted, a strange
sorting of posts, or me not used to phpbb).

pp.ss. still the same situation after emerge -e xorg-server
naelq
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ esiminch,
same here..
i've nuked yesterdays install, & installing from a basic stage4.. i'll update as soon as the emerge is done!

tell, is it a clean install? did you change your CFLAGS? is it nvidia VGA? did you emerge -s system/world?

nael
esiminch
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@naelk

yes, it is a clean install, my CFLAGS are:
-O2 -march=i686 -pipe

starting X with vesa works fine and no, i did no emerge -s system/world

good luck:-) i also keep trying, maybe a different kernel version, vanilla maybe
or a different version of gento-sources.
esiminch
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess the problem is the the new KMS feature of the kernel, at least the kernel crashes
on startx because with KMS it tries to do the Xorg job (set resolution and the kind).
i did not had the opportunity to test it yet, but I guess that disabling kms
should at least prevent the crash.

http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Intel_GMA

by the way, intel seems to be the only chip that supports kms.

another hint i got on the gentoo-desktop list, to try the ~x86 kernel
that may already contain fixes.
audiodef
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get a lockup on my current machine/config ONLY when xscreensaver is loaded. Before I post a bug report, I thought I'd post here to see if it's just that I missed something. However, I can say that if I load xscreensaver, it X inevitably locks and I can only power off the machine and reboot.

lspci:
Code:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 82945G/GZ/P/PL Memory Controller Hub (rev 02)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82945G/GZ/P/PL PCI Express Root Port (rev 02)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 01)
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 01)
00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 01)
00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 01)
00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 01)
00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller (rev 01)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev e1)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801GB/GR (ICH7 Family) LPC Interface Bridge (rev 01)
00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) IDE Controller (rev 01)
00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801GB/GR/GH (ICH7 Family) SATA IDE Controller (rev 01)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 01)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV370 5B60 [Radeon X300 (PCIE)]
01:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc RV370 [Radeon X300SE]
03:02.0 Multimedia audio controller: Creative Labs SB Audigy (rev 04)
03:02.1 Input device controller: Creative Labs SB Audigy Game Port (rev 04)
03:02.2 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Creative Labs SB Audigy FireWire Port (rev 04)
03:03.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): Agere Systems FW322/323 (rev 61)
03:08.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82801G (ICH7 Family) LAN Controller (rev 01)

emerge --info:
Code:

Portage 2.2_rc73 (default/linux/x86/10.0, gcc-4.4.4, glibc-2.12.1-r1, 2.6.34-zen1 i686)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-2.6.34-zen1-i686-Intel-R-_Pentium-R-_D_CPU_3.20GHz-with-gentoo-2.0.1
Timestamp of tree: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 13:45:01 +0000
app-shells/bash:     4.1_p7
dev-java/java-config: 2.1.11
dev-lang/python:     2.6.5-r3, 3.1.2-r4
dev-util/cmake:      2.8.1-r2
sys-apps/baselayout: 2.0.1
sys-apps/openrc:     0.6.2
sys-apps/sandbox:    2.3-r1
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.65-r1
sys-devel/automake:  1.8.5-r4, 1.9.6-r3, 1.10.3, 1.11.1
sys-devel/binutils:  2.20.1-r1
sys-devel/gcc:       4.4.4-r1
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.1
sys-devel/libtool:   2.2.10
sys-devel/make:      3.81-r2
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.35 (sys-kernel/linux-headers)
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86 ~x86"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="*"
CBUILD="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=prescott -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/share/X11/xkb"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/gentoo-release /etc/portage /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-march=prescott -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="assume-digests distlocks fixlafiles fixpackages news parallel-fetch preserve-libs protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unknown-features-warn unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans userfetch"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://gentoo.mirrors.tera-byte.com/ http://gentoo.gossamerhost.com http://mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/gentoo-distfiles/ http://gentoo.arcticnetwork.ca/ http://mirror.the-best-hosting.net "
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"
MAKEOPTS="-j3"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/var/lib/layman/pro-audio /var/lib/layman/sunrise /var/lib/layman/multimedia /usr/local/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.namerica.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="32bit X Xaw3d a52 aac aalib acl acpi airplay alsa amr apcupsd asf aspell audacious berkdb bfq bl bs2b bzip2 cairo cdda cddb cdparanoia cegui clamav clamd clamdtop classic cleartype cli cpp cracklib crypt css cups cxx dc1394 devil dga dirac dri dssi dts dv dvd enca encode esd exif extras fbcon ffmpeg fftw flac fluidsynth fortran freebob freesound fuse gdbm ggi gif gimp gnutls gphoto2 gpm gtk hddtemp hpcups hpijs icecast ices iconv id3 id3tag ieee1394 imlib iostats ipv6 jack jackmidi java jpeg keyboard kqemu kvm kvm-trace ladspa lame lash lastfm lastfmradio lcms libass libcaca libnotify libsamplerate libtiger libvisual lv2 mac mad math midi mikmod mjpeg mlib-update mms mmx moc modules mono mouse mp3 mp4 mpd mpeg mudflap musepack musicbrainz nano-syntax nas ncurses newmousefocus nls nptl nptlonly ofa ogg openal openexr opengl openmp pam pango patch-loader pcre pdf perl plugins png ppds pppd projectm python qemu qemu-ifup qt3support quicktime readline reflection samba scale0tilt scanner schroedinger scrobbler sdl session shine shout skins slang sndfile soundtouch spell spl sse sse2 ssl startup-notification stream svg svga sysfs taglib tcpd theora threads thumbnail tiff timidity tk toolbar truetype twolame udev unicode upnp vaapi vamp vcdx vde vlm vocoder vorbis vst wav wavpack win32codecs wma wma-fixed x264 x86 xcf xcomposite xml xmms2 xorg xosd xrandr xscreensaver xulrunner zlib zvbi" ALSA_CARDS="emu10k1" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mmap_emul mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgi cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" CAMERAS="*" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="evdev" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" QEMU_SOFTMMU_TARGETS="i386 x86_64" QEMU_USER_TARGETS="i386 x86_64" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby18" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="radeon" XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac delude chaos account"
Unset:  CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, FFLAGS, INSTALL_MASK, LANG, LC_ALL, LINGUAS, PORTAGE_BUNZIP2_COMMAND, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

cat /proc/cpuinfo:
Code:

processor   : 0
vendor_id   : GenuineIntel
cpu family   : 15
model      : 6
model name   : Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.20GHz
stepping   : 4
cpu MHz      : 3200.000
cache size   : 2048 KB
physical id   : 0
siblings   : 2
core id      : 0
cpu cores   : 2
apicid      : 0
initial apicid   : 0
fdiv_bug   : no
hlt_bug      : no
f00f_bug   : no
coma_bug   : no
fpu      : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level   : 6
wp      : yes
flags      : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm constant_tsc pebs bts pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est cid cx16 xtpr pdcm lahf_lm tpr_shadow
bogomips   : 6384.53
clflush size   : 64
cache_alignment   : 128
address sizes   : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

processor   : 1
vendor_id   : GenuineIntel
cpu family   : 15
model      : 6
model name   : Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.20GHz
stepping   : 4
cpu MHz      : 3200.000
cache size   : 2048 KB
physical id   : 0
siblings   : 2
core id      : 1
cpu cores   : 2
apicid      : 1
initial apicid   : 1
fdiv_bug   : no
hlt_bug      : no
f00f_bug   : no
coma_bug   : no
fpu      : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level   : 6
wp      : yes
flags      : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx lm constant_tsc pebs bts pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est cid cx16 xtpr pdcm lahf_lm tpr_shadow
bogomips   : 6383.77
clflush size   : 64
cache_alignment   : 128
address sizes   : 36 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
power management:

Kernel config.

xorg.conf is automatically generated.
Discord: https://discord.gg/73XV24dNPN
clouds222
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My newly installed 64bit Gentoo has the similar freeze issue.

Each time when I login to gnome, the whole system has quckly after I move the mouse over the menu or open a window.

I don't think it's reason by KMS, I have tried to disable KMS in kernel, and seems no change for the issue.

Code:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Memory Controller Hub (rev 07)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 07)
00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82567LM Gigabit Network Connection (rev 03)
00:1a.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 03)
00:1a.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5 (rev 03)
00:1a.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 03)
00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) PCI Express Port 5 (rev 03)
00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)
00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)
00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 03)
00:1d.3 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB UHCI Controller #6 (rev 03)
00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev 93)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation ICH9M-E LPC Interface Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation ICH9M/M-E 2 port SATA IDE Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801I (ICH9 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.5 IDE interface: Intel Corporation ICH9M/M-E 2 port SATA IDE Controller (rev 03)

Ivan The Viking
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 3:02 pm    Post subject: X Freezes to White Screen Reply with quote

Hello all,

I think this is the correct thread for this since X freezes up on a new to me computer I have freshly installed Gentoo/AMD64 on. Any insight would be appreciated.

Symptom : Sporatic freezing of X while in Fluxbox and Gnome to a pure white screen. It is very random as to when it does it, it doesn't coincide with any particular application being open or any specific use of opengl or other acceleration. It can occur in as little as 5 minutes once X is loaded, or sometimes a few hours later.

Hardware : Athlon 3500+ on an Mobo from an HP Pavillion with integrated Radeon Express 200 graphics. No expension cards installed, pretty basic board with an Sata, Pata, Floppy, and ECHI/OCHI controllers.

History of attempted 'fixes':
1. Ran memtest86 on the memory, since in the past I have always associated random lockups with bad ram. Turns out I had a bad pair of sticks during the original install. I replaced them with another set and tested the memory again for a few hours, with no errors this time.
2. Did a fresh bootstrap followed by an emerge -e world to get rid of any code that may have had bad bits in it from being compiled and cached in the bad ram.
3. While under full compile load I checked the power supply output voltage and ripple with my Fluke meter, no issues there, everything was right about where it should have been.
4. Installed WinXP 64bit on a second drive to see if it works OK. Windows has no issues and will run for days without a lockup.
5. I disabled all of the onboard components I am not using, i.e. the game, parallel, and serial ports to free up IRQs. I checked in /proc /interrupts and everything seems OK there.
6. Flashed the BIOS to the newest version I could find for the board, which was actually a Gateway BIOS for the same board.

emerge --info

Since the full emptyset emerge has completed I have experience only two lockups in two days of running, once almost immediately after I first rebooted the machine after the emerge completed (Quite frustrating after a day of compiling) and then about 4 hours later while playing eduke. If you leave this machine sitting in a VT it will run for days, only once X is open do I have an issue.
Ivan The Viking
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles,

Did you find a solution to the same problem as I am having in the preceeding pages?

Nothing there really worked for me, except for trying the KMS driver. Being the ATI and in kernel DRI newb, I didn't even really read into what KMS was, or why the option was there in the kernel. I selected that two days ago, and now I've had the machine up with over 30 hours uptime with X being woken up here and there as I use it, with no glitches. The acceleration is a bit faster too, I have been able to run RTCW at 20-30 fps at 800x600, amazingly. The built-in accelerated frame buffer is nice too. I'll post if I have no more issues after a week.

Cheers,
Shawn
pjp
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivan The Viking wrote:
Charles,

Did you find a solution to the same problem as I am having in the preceeding pages?
The post has been removed and the account banned (just so you know why it is missing... I seriously doubt you would've gotten a reply... appears to be a bot account).
Ivan The Viking
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to update how the KMS driver has been working, and that could be summed up with "flawlessly". It is a much better solution than the original driver package, with a nice native res. framebuffer to boot. The onboard 'card' still sucks at gaming, but I've had uptimes of a month now without video card issues.

Cheers,
Shawn
green2000
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last keyboard, mouse and X lock up I had was freed by recompiling all the drivers:
Code:
 # eix --only-names -IcC x11-drivers|xargs emerge -1

then I killed kdm
Code:
# killall -9 kdm

restarted xdm
Code:
# /etc/init.d/xdm restart

and X was running properly again!!! :)

this would have been must faster if I had bothered to read the portage log of xorg-server
doh!! :oops:
which is here:
/var/log/portage/x11-base:xorg-server-1.9.2.901:20101129-062051.log

now I have found a nice log reading tool to keep me upto date with reading the compile logs

elogv!!

Code:
emerge -va elogv

cheers
selberbauer
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, ive got a problem with my xserver

_XSERVTransSocketINETCreateListener: ...SocketCreateListener() failed
_XSERVTransMakeAllCOTSServerListeners: server already running
Fatal server error:
Cannot establish any listening sockets - Make sure an X server isn't already running

This message comes by "Xorg -configure" so i dont rly have a xorg.conf file.
Pls help
koopdi
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[SOLVED]FATAL: Module radeon not found.

Quote:
Running startx makes the screen go black and the computer doesn't not respond to input.
I have emerged hal and copied the fdi policies for keyboard and mouse input as per the HowTo. The line that should enable ctrl_alt_bksp has been added but there is still no way to recover from running startx..black screen of death.
I have run Xorg -configure but the system still freezes after running # X -retro -config /root/xorg.conf.new.

Any help on how to troubleshoot this is much appreciated.
Spidey
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My xorg is crashing since the last update. I was using kernel 2.6.31, if I remember correctly, with reiser4 patches. Now I'm using zen-sources, as it has reiser4 built-in, and it saves me the trouble.
I'm using ati-drivers, the fglrx binary driver, for my Radeon HD 4850 video board. Sometimes KDE 4 crashes after a couple minutes, sometimes just after starting the xdm init script, which calls kdm. Other times, as soon as I type startx, after removing xdm from the default runlevel, my keyboard and mouse gets unresponsive (keyboard leds don't respond to keypresses), and I get a blank black screen. I can ssh into my box, but I can't even reboot it. The pc just hangs, probably messed BAD the video memory or something.

My revelant info files:
xorg.conf: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/403197/
dmesg after a crash, saved from ssh: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/403198/
kernel .config: http://paste.pocoo.org/show/403199/
Xorg.0.log (from the current, working Gnome DE, but the failing KDE session doesn't change much, couldn't find anything unusual in xorg logs after a crash): http://paste.pocoo.org/show/403200/
Code:
$ uname -a
Linux SpideyHomePC 2.6.38.5-zen #9 ZEN SMP PREEMPT Wed Jun 8 12:25:04 BRT 2011 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
audiodef
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Xorg got upgraded on my last update to 1.12.99.903, it caused anything Mozilla to log the user out. I've determined that Mozilla is not the problem because it does not matter what version of FF or TB I use. What does "fix" it is downgrading Xorg to the previous version (1.12.3). I have put 1.12.99.903 in my package.mask.
Discord: https://discord.gg/73XV24dNPN
rsa4046
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: X problems with nouveau and gentoo kernels newer than 3.10.7 Reply with quote

Has anyone had difficulties with getting the Gentoo kernel sources newer than 3.10.7 to work with the nouveau kernel driver? I have the following Xorg server and drivers built (no xorg.conf is defined in /etc/X11):
Code:
$ emerge -vp  x11-base/xorg-server x11-drivers/xf86-video-nouveau x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R    ] x11-base/xorg-server-1.14.3-r2:0/1.14.3  USE="ipv6 nptl suid udev xorg -dmx -doc -kdrive -minimal (-selinux) -static-libs -tslib -xnest -xvfb" 0 kB
[ebuild   R    ] x11-drivers/xf86-video-nouveau-1.0.9  0 kB
[ebuild   R    ] x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev-2.8.2  0 kB

Total: 3 packages (3 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 0 kB
This works fine. To make the 3.12.0 kernel, I copy the .config from 3.10.7, run make menuconfig but don't change any of the settings, and save the resulting .config file upon exit. This produces the changes shown below by default. I then run
Code:
# make && make modules_install && make install && reboot
This kernel does not work: it boots, but X fails to load properly, producing only a moveable mouse cursor but a corrupted kdm login screen (what does appear are apparent relics from previous sessions), does not accept input, consumes 100% cpu cycles, and even periodically disappears entirely. KDM/KDE is not the problem: A plain xdm login session does not work either, and both kdm and xdm sessions test fine under 3.10.7. I can post the full kernel .config files of course, but the only diff between the working and non-working kernel .config files is
Code:
diff ./linux-3.10.7-gentoo/.config ./linux-3.12.0-gentoo/.config -w --suppress-common-lines --side-by-side
# Linux/x86 3.10.7-gentoo Kernel Configuration                | # Linux/x86 3.12.0-gentoo Kernel Configuration
                                                              > CONFIG_ARCH_WANT_HUGE_PMD_SHARE=y
                                                              > CONFIG_ARCH_WANT_GENERAL_HUGETLB=y
                                                              > # CONFIG_COMPILE_TEST is not set
                                                              > CONFIG_HAVE_KERNEL_LZ4=y
                                                              > # CONFIG_KERNEL_LZ4 is not set
CONFIG_HAVE_GENERIC_HARDIRQS=y                                <
CONFIG_GENERIC_HARDIRQS=y                                     <
CONFIG_UIDGID_CONVERTED=y                                     <
                                                              > CONFIG_RD_LZ4=y
CONFIG_HOTPLUG=y                                              <
                                                              > CONFIG_SLUB_CPU_PARTIAL=y
                                                              > CONFIG_HAVE_ARCH_SOFT_DIRTY=y
                                                              > # CONFIG_BLK_CMDLINE_PARSER is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_AIX_PARTITION is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_CMDLINE_PARTITION is not set
# CONFIG_IOSCHED_BFQ is not set                               <
                                                              > # CONFIG_MICROCODE_AMD_EARLY is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_CMA is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_ZBUD is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_ZSWAP is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_WQ_POWER_EFFICIENT_DEFAULT is not set
CONFIG_ACPI_PROC_EVENT=y                                      <
CONFIG_ACPI_I2C=y                                             <
                                                              >
                                                              > #
                                                              > # CPU Idle
                                                              > #
CONFIG_ARCH_SUPPORTS_MSI=y                                    <
                                                              >
                                                              > #
                                                              > # PCI host controller drivers
                                                              > #
                                                              > # CONFIG_X86_SYSFB is not set
CONFIG_HAVE_TEXT_POKE_SMP=y                                   <
# CONFIG_ARPD is not set                                      <
# CONFIG_NETFILTER_TPROXY is not set                          <
                                                              > # CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_TPROXY is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_SOCKET is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_SYNPROXY is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_IP6_NF_TARGET_SYNPROXY is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_NET_SCH_FQ is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_NET_MPLS_GSO is not set
                                                              > CONFIG_NET_RX_BUSY_POLL=y
                                                              > CONFIG_NET_FLOW_LIMIT=y
# CONFIG_INTEL_MID_PTI is not set                             <
                                                              > # CONFIG_DM_SWITCH is not set
                                                              > CONFIG_MII=y
CONFIG_MII=y                                                  <
                                                              > # CONFIG_NLMON is not set
                                                              > CONFIG_VHOST=m
                                                              > CONFIG_NET_VENDOR_ARC=y
                                                              > # CONFIG_I40E is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_SH_ETH is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_USB_NET_SR9700 is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_SERIAL_FSL_LPUART is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_SERIAL_ST_ASC is not set
# CONFIG_I2C_INTEL_MID is not set                             <
                                                              <
#                                                             <
# Qualcomm MSM SSBI bus support                               <
#                                                             <
# CONFIG_SSBI is not set                                      <
# CONFIG_BATTERY_GOLDFISH is not set                          <
                                                              > # CONFIG_SENSORS_G762 is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_SENSORS_HTU21 is not set
                                                              > CONFIG_X86_PKG_TEMP_THERMAL=m
                                                              >
                                                              > #
                                                              > # Texas Instruments thermal drivers
                                                              > #
                                                              > # CONFIG_MFD_DA9063 is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_MFD_KEMPLD is not set
# CONFIG_FB_GEODE is not set                                  <
                                                              > # CONFIG_FB_SIMPLE is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_LV5207LP is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_BACKLIGHT_BD6107 is not set
CONFIG_FONTS=y                                                <
# CONFIG_FONT_8x8 is not set                                  <
# CONFIG_FONT_8x16 is not set                                 <
# CONFIG_FONT_6x11 is not set                                 <
CONFIG_FONT_7x14=y                                            <
# CONFIG_FONT_PEARL_8x8 is not set                            <
# CONFIG_FONT_ACORN_8x8 is not set                            <
# CONFIG_FONT_MINI_4x6 is not set                             <
# CONFIG_FONT_SUN8x16 is not set                              <
# CONFIG_FONT_SUN12x22 is not set                             <
# CONFIG_FONT_10x18 is not set                                <
                                                              > CONFIG_SND_MAX_CARDS=32
                                                              > # CONFIG_HID_ELO is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_HID_HUION is not set
# CONFIG_HID_PS3REMOTE is not set                             <
                                                              > # CONFIG_HID_XINMO is not set
CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_OHCI=y                                    | CONFIG_USB_OHCI_LITTLE_ENDIAN=y
CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_EHCI=y                                    <
CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_XHCI=y                                    <
# CONFIG_USB_XHCI_HCD_DEBUGGING is not set                    <
                                                              > # CONFIG_USB_FUSBH200_HCD is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_USB_FOTG210_HCD is not set
                                                              > CONFIG_USB_OHCI_HCD_PCI=y
# CONFIG_USB_OHCI_BIG_ENDIAN_DESC is not set                  <
# CONFIG_USB_OHCI_BIG_ENDIAN_MMIO is not set                  <
CONFIG_USB_OHCI_LITTLE_ENDIAN=y                               <
                                                              > # CONFIG_USB_HCD_TEST_MODE is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_USB_EHSET_TEST_FIXTURE is not set
                                                              >
                                                              > #
                                                              > # USB Physical Layer drivers
                                                              > #
                                                              > # CONFIG_NOP_USB_XCEIV is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_AM335X_PHY_USB is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_SAMSUNG_USB2PHY is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_SAMSUNG_USB3PHY is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_USB_ISP1301 is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_USB_RCAR_PHY is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_LEDS_LP8501 is not set
# CONFIG_LEDS_PCA9633 is not set                              | # CONFIG_LEDS_PCA963X is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_RTC_DRV_PCF2127 is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_RTC_DRV_MOXART is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_DW_DMAC_CORE is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_DW_DMAC_PCI is not set
# CONFIG_ASUS_OLED is not set                                 <
                                                              > # CONFIG_LTE_GDM724X is not set
# CONFIG_ZCACHE is not set                                    <
                                                              > # CONFIG_LUSTRE_FS is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_XILLYBUS is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_DGNC is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_DGAP is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_INTEL_RST is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_INTEL_SMARTCONNECT is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_FMC is not set
                                                              >
                                                              > #
                                                              > # printk and dmesg options
                                                              > #
                                                              > # CONFIG_BOOT_PRINTK_DELAY is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG is not set
                                                              >
                                                              > #
                                                              > # Compile-time checks and compiler options
                                                              > #
                                                              > # CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO is not set
CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ=y                                          <
                                                              > CONFIG_ARCH_WANT_FRAME_POINTERS=y
                                                              > CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER=y
                                                              > # CONFIG_DEBUG_FORCE_WEAK_PER_CPU is not set
                                                              > CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ=y
                                                              >
                                                              > #
                                                              > # Memory Debugging
                                                              > #
                                                              > # CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_DEBUG_OBJECTS is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG_ON is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_SLUB_STATS is not set
                                                              > CONFIG_HAVE_DEBUG_KMEMLEAK=y
                                                              > # CONFIG_DEBUG_KMEMLEAK is not set
                                                              > CONFIG_DEBUG_STACK_USAGE=y
                                                              > # CONFIG_DEBUG_VM is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_DEBUG_VIRTUAL is not set
                                                              > CONFIG_DEBUG_MEMORY_INIT=y
                                                              > # CONFIG_DEBUG_PER_CPU_MAPS is not set
                                                              > CONFIG_HAVE_DEBUG_STACKOVERFLOW=y
                                                              > CONFIG_DEBUG_STACKOVERFLOW=y
                                                              > CONFIG_HAVE_ARCH_KMEMCHECK=y
                                                              > # CONFIG_KMEMCHECK is not set
                                                              >
                                                              > #
                                                              > # Debug Lockups and Hangs
                                                              > #
                                                              > # CONFIG_DETECT_HUNG_TASK is not set
# CONFIG_DETECT_HUNG_TASK is not set                          <
# CONFIG_DEBUG_OBJECTS is not set                             <
# CONFIG_SLUB_DEBUG_ON is not set                             <
# CONFIG_SLUB_STATS is not set                                <
CONFIG_HAVE_DEBUG_KMEMLEAK=y                                  <
# CONFIG_DEBUG_KMEMLEAK is not set                            <
                                                              >
                                                              > #
                                                              > # Lock Debugging (spinlocks, mutexes, etc...)
                                                              > #
                                                              > # CONFIG_DEBUG_WW_MUTEX_SLOWPATH is not set
CONFIG_DEBUG_STACK_USAGE=y                                    <
# CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO is not set                                <
# CONFIG_DEBUG_VM is not set                                  <
# CONFIG_DEBUG_VIRTUAL is not set                             <
CONFIG_DEBUG_MEMORY_INIT=y                                    <
# CONFIG_TEST_LIST_SORT is not set                            <
CONFIG_ARCH_WANT_FRAME_POINTERS=y                             <
CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER=y                                        <
# CONFIG_BOOT_PRINTK_DELAY is not set                         <
# CONFIG_KPROBES_SANITY_TEST is not set                       <
# CONFIG_BACKTRACE_SELF_TEST is not set                       <
# CONFIG_DEBUG_FORCE_WEAK_PER_CPU is not set                  <
# CONFIG_DEBUG_PER_CPU_MAPS is not set                        <
# CONFIG_LKDTM is not set                                     <
# CONFIG_DEBUG_PAGEALLOC is not set                           <
                                                              >
                                                              > #
                                                              > # Runtime Testing
                                                              > #
                                                              > # CONFIG_LKDTM is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_TEST_LIST_SORT is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_KPROBES_SANITY_TEST is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_BACKTRACE_SELF_TEST is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_ATOMIC64_SELFTEST is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_TEST_STRING_HELPERS is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_TEST_KSTRTOX is not set
# CONFIG_DYNAMIC_DEBUG is not set                             <
# CONFIG_ATOMIC64_SELFTEST is not set                         <
CONFIG_HAVE_ARCH_KMEMCHECK=y                                  <
# CONFIG_KMEMCHECK is not set                                 <
# CONFIG_TEST_STRING_HELPERS is not set                       <
# CONFIG_TEST_KSTRTOX is not set                              <
CONFIG_DEBUG_STACKOVERFLOW=y                                  <
                                                              > CONFIG_DOUBLEFAULT=y
                                                              > # CONFIG_X86_DEBUG_STATIC_CPU_HAS is not set
                                                              > CONFIG_CRYPTO_CRCT10DIF=y
                                                              > # CONFIG_CRYPTO_CRCT10DIF_PCLMUL is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_CRYPTO_LZ4 is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_CRYPTO_LZ4HC is not set
                                                              > CONFIG_GENERIC_NET_UTILS=y
                                                              > CONFIG_ARCH_USE_CMPXCHG_LOCKREF=y
                                                              > CONFIG_CMPXCHG_LOCKREF=y
                                                              > CONFIG_LZ4_DECOMPRESS=y
                                                              > CONFIG_DECOMPRESS_LZ4=y
                                                              > CONFIG_FONT_SUPPORT=y
                                                              > CONFIG_FONTS=y
                                                              > # CONFIG_FONT_8x8 is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_FONT_8x16 is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_FONT_6x11 is not set
                                                              > CONFIG_FONT_7x14=y
                                                              > # CONFIG_FONT_PEARL_8x8 is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_FONT_ACORN_8x8 is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_FONT_MINI_4x6 is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_FONT_SUN8x16 is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_FONT_SUN12x22 is not set
                                                              > # CONFIG_FONT_10x18 is not set
rsa4046
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to continue this post in this way, pasting log files was not working. Xorg.log and xdm.log files contain no errors, although kdm.log did contain a cryptic message about not finding a dbus session to connect to, despite dbus starting and running OK. OpenGL is implemented and selected:
Code:
 # eselect opengl list
Available OpenGL implementations:
  [1]   xorg-x11 *
Does anyone have any ideas?

Edits* fixed typos
andig
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: (EE) [mi] EQ overflowing Reply with quote

Since a couple of weeks, I get random Xorg lockups too. I can move the mouse but can not click anything. (No reaction) The KDE clock also freezes, so it is the complete screen and not just the mouse not responding.
I am using a Thinkpad T540p with nVidia Optimus. I installed bbswitch to disable the dedicated GPU on boot.
Intel Core i7 with HD 4600 integrated graphic (Kernel driver i915)
GeForce GT 730M (Kernel driver nvidia)
Linux 4.0.4-gentoo

The Kernel log does not show anything, but Xorg.log gets flooded with EQ overflowing.
I am able to kill Xorg with Alt+Print+K and a new instance opens.
These Freezes are hard to reproduce. I can work several days with not even one freeze but then it suddenly freezes a couple of times in a row.
I can not specify a program that could cause the freeze. Most of the time I have open KiCad, Firefox, Okular and Eclipse since I do mostly embedded hardware and sometimes software development with the machine so these are the tools I use.

Xorg.0.log: http://pastebin.com/Eiag0X4Y

Has anyone an idea on how to diagnose this?

By the way, is this thread a collection for all problems with Xorg locking up or should I open an own thread?

Edit: Updated to Linux 4.0.5-gentoo. Let's see if it helps.

Edit 2: Updating to Linux 4.0.5 did not change this behaviour. I have disabled the KDE Desktop Effects on monday and have not had a single freeze since then...
poe_1957
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solution :
Upgrade to kernel 5.5.8 or later.

The CPUgovernor is responsable for this.
Hu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poe_1957 wrote:
Solution :
Upgrade to kernel 5.5.8 or later.

The CPUgovernor is responsable for this.
On what basis do you think the CPU governor is responsible, and what changed in 5.5.8 to fix this? The workaround described in the post 5 years ago suggests it is a problem related to the graphics subsystem, not the CPU.
poe_1957
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read in in a recent post, not from 5 years ago, who would not mention the 5.5.8 kernel. It is a recent bug.
See (i refound it):
https://stevescargall.com/2020/02/12/how-to-set-linux-cpu-scaling-governor-to-max-performance/
IAlso I found :
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gamemode/+bug/1875740
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gamemode/+bug/1862455 from feb 2020 from Ubuntu.

I think from all those post about freezing a problem in the cpu governor would explain it. And maybe the other distro solved the problem quietly.
It would be interesting if we put it on performance the same problem would occur. Since I noticed that when the cpu is idle the freeze happens.
Not when itis busy.

I had before I upgrade the kernel (4.19.xx) no problem but since I have 5.4.38 and 5.4.48 I have nothing than problems with freezing on ALL my computers. So do everyone a pleasure and mark them as unstable so we won't upgrade to those kernels. And try to get a 5.5.8 one in gentoo-sources. If the freezes are gone then we know it for sure.
poe_1957
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the latest sync the freezes are gone.
but an internal crash remains.

Code:
 Found optimal setting for mtrr clean up
jul 07 10:15:20 POERYZEN kernel:  gran_size: 64K         chunk_size: 64M         num_reg: 4          lose cover RAM: 0G
jul 07 10:15:20 POERYZEN kernel: e820: update [mem 0xdc020000-0xdc02ffff] usable ==> reserved
...skipping...
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: WARNING: CPU: 17 PID: 7958 at dcn20_setup_gsl_group_as_lock+0x8f/0x220
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: Modules linked in: uas uvcvideo videobuf2_vmalloc snd_usb_audio videobuf2_memops videobuf2_v4l2 snd_usbmidi_lib videobuf2_common snd_rawmidi bnep input_leds led_class mouse>
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: CPU: 17 PID: 7958 Comm: kworker/u64:1 Tainted: G        W       T 5.4.48-gentooSYSTEMD_RYZEN_200701 #1
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: Hardware name: To Be Filled By O.E.M. To Be Filled By O.E.M./X570 Phantom Gaming X, BIOS P3.00 04/07/2020
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: Workqueue: events_unbound commit_work
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: RIP: 0010:dcn20_setup_gsl_group_as_lock+0x8f/0x220
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: Code: 00 00 74 57 84 c0 75 26 48 8b 85 10 03 00 00 0f b6 80 70 02 00 00 a8 01 0f 84 ef 00 00 00 a8 02 74 6b a8 04 0f 84 0a 01 00 00 <0f> 0b 0f 0b 48 8b 44 24 28 65 48 33 04>
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: RSP: 0018:ffffb7474b077a18 EFLAGS: 00010202
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: RAX: 0000000000000007 RBX: ffff9e95cfeb0658 RCX: 0000000000000000
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: RDX: 0000000000000001 RSI: ffff9e95cfeb0658 RDI: ffff9e96b6520000
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: RBP: ffff9e96b6520000 R08: ffffb7474b077a1c R09: 0000000000000001
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000001 R12: 0000000000000001
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: R13: ffff9e96b6520000 R14: ffff9e96b6520000 R15: 0000000000000000
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: FS:  0000000000000000(0000) GS:ffff9e96bec40000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: CR2: 00007f380a427000 CR3: 00000007877da000 CR4: 00000000003406e0
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: Call Trace:
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel:  dcn20_pipe_control_lock.part.0+0xfd/0x1d0
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel:  dc_commit_updates_for_stream+0xecb/0x1430
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel:  amdgpu_dm_atomic_commit_tail+0xb77/0x1c80
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel:  commit_tail+0x8e/0x110
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel:  process_one_work+0x1ad/0x300
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel:  worker_thread+0x45/0x3c0
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel:  kthread+0xf3/0x130
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel:  ? current_work+0x40/0x40
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel:  ? kthread_park+0x90/0x90
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel:  ret_from_fork+0x22/0x40
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: ---[ end trace a4b1d25ba82e0ad4 ]---
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: ------------[ cut here ]------------
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: WARNING: CPU: 17 PID: 7958 at dcn20_setup_gsl_group_as_lock+0x91/0x220
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: Modules linked in: uas uvcvideo videobuf2_vmalloc snd_usb_audio videobuf2_memops videobuf2_v4l2 snd_usbmidi_lib videobuf2_common snd_rawmidi bnep input_leds led_class mouse>
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: CPU: 17 PID: 7958 Comm: kworker/u64:1 Tainted: G        W       T 5.4.48-gentooSYSTEMD_RYZEN_200701 #1
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: Hardware name: To Be Filled By O.E.M. To Be Filled By O.E.M./X570 Phantom Gaming X, BIOS P3.00 04/07/2020
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: RIP: 0010:dcn20_setup_gsl_group_as_lock+0x91/0x220
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: Code: 74 57 84 c0 75 26 48 8b 85 10 03 00 00 0f b6 80 70 02 00 00 a8 01 0f 84 ef 00 00 00 a8 02 74 6b a8 04 0f 84 0a 01 00 00 0f 0b <0f> 0b 48 8b 44 24 28 65 48 33 04 25 28>
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: RAX: 0000000000000007 RBX: ffff9e95cfeb0658 RCX: 0000000000000000
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: RDX: 0000000000000001 RSI: ffff9e95cfeb0658 RDI: ffff9e96b6520000
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: RBP: ffff9e96b6520000 R08: ffffb7474b077a1c R09: 0000000000000001
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000001 R12: 0000000000000001
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: R13: ffff9e96b6520000 R14: ffff9e96b6520000 R15: 0000000000000000
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: FS:  0000000000000000(0000) GS:ffff9e96bec40000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: CR2: 00007f380a427000 CR3: 00000007877da000 CR4: 00000000003406e0
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: ---[ end trace a4b1d25ba82e0ad5 ]---
...skipping...
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: WARNING: CPU: 17 PID: 7958 at dcn20_setup_gsl_group_as_lock+0x8f/0x220
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: RIP: 0010:dcn20_setup_gsl_group_as_lock+0x8f/0x220
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: Code: 00 00 74 57 84 c0 75 26 48 8b 85 10 03 00 00 0f b6 80 70 02 00 00 a8 01 0f 84 ef 00 00 00 a8 02 74 6b a8 04 0f 84 0a 01 00 00 <0f> 0b 0f 0b 48 8b 44 24 28 65 48 33 04>
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: ---[ end trace a4b1d25ba82e0ad4 ]---
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: ------------[ cut here ]------------
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: WARNING: CPU: 17 PID: 7958 at dcn20_setup_gsl_group_as_lock+0x91/0x220
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: RIP: 0010:dcn20_setup_gsl_group_as_lock+0x91/0x220
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: Code: 74 57 84 c0 75 26 48 8b 85 10 03 00 00 0f b6 80 70 02 00 00 a8 01 0f 84 ef 00 00 00 a8 02 74 6b a8 04 0f 84 0a 01 00 00 0f 0b <0f> 0b 48 8b 44 24 28 65 48 33 04 25 28>
jul 07 16:00:24 POERYZEN kernel: ---[ end trace a4b1d25ba82e0ad5 ]---

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: