View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NicZak
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 5:49 pm    Post subject: UT / SIGOT Reply with quote

I recently changed hard drives (hence a fresh gentoo install) and prior to doing this I was running the current release (1.1a) w/ gnome & kde installed (don't ask..) Now I am doing my usual routine and just using gnome for my X frontend, but for some reason I am having weird problems with the late, great Loki Games (and Epic of course) Unreal Tournament: GOTY. I installed using Loki's 436 GOTY installer, then copied all the files from the Textures directory on the 2nd CD to /usr/local/games/ut/Textures and now the problems (well just two of them) arise. 1) I don't understand why ut must be run as ROOT. This makes no sense, even if permissions are changed on ut dirs/files, WHY MUST YOU BE ROOT!? 2) As ROOT the game executes just fine, download the server list, add a couple servers to my favorites, then attempt to play on a server and the maps/models are downloaded as usual (if they aren't already installed) and then the program exits and returns a SIGIOT. According to Loki its a error that is related to the installation and if you install again things will be ok..sadly in my case it did not work. So in summation HOW DO YOU RUN UT as a user other than ROOT and has anyone got any thoughts on how to overcome this SIGIOT error? Thanks -
Fragadelic
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you have the following in your /etc/X11/XF86Config file:

Section "DRI"
Mode 0666
EndSection

As far as the other issue, I'm not too sure. Lets start with this and see what happens.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: