ERROR: can't change boot flag
localhost ~ #
garlicbread
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

because the newer kernel accesses the flash differently I think
and the tools like boot-game-os haven't caught up to it yet
ether that or access to the flash is just broken at the moment because it's a devel kernel image - not stable

just do boot-game-os from the kboot: prompt instead when the machine is first booting up
or you can force the game os by holing down the power button for a reset
e-nando
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm trying to get some help on installing kgcc64 on a PS3 (32 bit userland). There are no dependency errors, but the emerge of kgcc64 (using gcc 4.3) always fails at the libmudflap package with the error "/usr/bin/powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu-ld: crt1.o: No such file: No such file or directory".

Is it because of missing lib files: my only crt* files are in /usr/lib, as I'm trying to build a cross-compiler do I need e.g. lib64 files and if so where does the linker expect them?

Or, should I be disabling mudflap/libmudflap during the kgcc64 emerge (and how would I do this)?

I really want to upgrade the Kernel for wireless/bluetooth support!

Many thanks.
andreyua
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot successfully emerge snes9x
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~ppc64" emerge -u =games-emulation/snes9x-1.50-r1

and after this step
powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu-g++ -fno-rtti -INONE -I. -Iunzip -c -O2 -pipe -mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -mabi=altivec -INONE -INONE -I. -Iunzip -DMITSHM -DCPU_SHUTDOWN -DSPC700_SHUTDOWN -DUSE_THREADS -DSPC700_C -DNETPLAY_SUPPORT -DUNZIP_SUPPORT -DJMA_SUPPORT -DUSE_OPENGL -DSDD1_DECOMP -DCORRECT_VRAM_READS -DNO_INLINE_SET_GET -DNOASM -DNEW_COLOUR_BLENDING -DZLIB -DHAVE_LIBPNG -DHAVE_MKSTEMP -DHAVE_STRINGS_H -DHAVE_SYS_IOCTL_H -DHAVE_STDINT_H -DHAVE_ENDIAN_H -DPTR_NOT_INT -DRIGHTSHIFT_int8_IS_SAR -DRIGHTSHIFT_int16_IS_SAR -DRIGHTSHIFT_int32_IS_SAR -DRIGHTSHIFT_int64_IS_SAR -DRIGHTSHIFT_IS_SAR '-DACCEPT_SIZE_T=socklen_t' tile.cpp -o tile.o

my system is not respond !!!

Code:

Portage 2.1.2.7 (default-linux/ppc/ppc64/2007.0/64bit-userland/desktop/970, gcc-4.1.1, glibc-2.5-r3, 2.6.22-rc1-ps3 ppc64)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.22-rc1-ps3 ppc64 Cell Broadband Engine, altivec supported
Gentoo Base System release 1.12.9
Timestamp of tree: Mon, 28 May 2007 08:00:01 +0000
dev-lang/python:     2.4.4-r4
dev-python/pycrypto: 2.0.1-r5
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.17
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.61
sys-devel/automake:  1.5, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r2, 1.10
sys-devel/binutils:  2.17
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.3.15-r1
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.22
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.17-r2
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="ppc64"
AUTOCLEAN="yes"
CBUILD="powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -mabi=altivec"
CHOST="powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/share/X11/xkb"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/env.d /etc/gconf /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -mabi=altivec"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="autoconfig distlocks metadata-transfer parallel-fetch sandbox sfperms strict"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo"
LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --delete-after --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages --filter=H_**/files/digest-*"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/portage/local/layman/garlicbread-ps3-overlay"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="acl alsa altivec arts berkdb bitmap-fonts cairo cdr cli cracklib crypt cups dbus dri dvd dvdr eds emboss encode esd fam fbcon firefox fortran gdbm gif gpm gstreamer hal iconv ipv6 isdnlog jpeg kde ldap libg++ mad midi mikmod mp3 mpeg mudflap ncurses nls nptl nptlonly ogg opengl openmp oss pam pcre perl png ppc64 pppd python qt3 qt3support quicktime readline reflection sdl session spell spl ssl tcpd truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts unicode userlocales vorbis xml xorg zlib" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="dummy fbdev mach64 mga nv r128 radeon vega"
Unset:  CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LC_ALL, LDFLAGS, LINGUAS, MAKEOPTS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

And i must push ON/OF button on back side PS3, so, it may cause damage to the system.
Smeagel
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu-g++ -fno-rtti -INONE -I. -Iunzip -c -O2 -pipe -mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -mabi=altivec -INONE -INONE -I. -Iunzip -DMITSHM -DCPU_SHUTDOWN -DSPC700_SHUTDOWN -DUSE_THREADS -DSPC700_C -DNETPLAY_SUPPORT -DUNZIP_SUPPORT -DJMA_SUPPORT -DUSE_OPENGL -DSDD1_DECOMP -DCORRECT_VRAM_READS -DNO_INLINE_SET_GET -DNOASM -DNEW_COLOUR_BLENDING -DZLIB -DHAVE_LIBPNG -DHAVE_MKSTEMP -DHAVE_STRINGS_H -DHAVE_SYS_IOCTL_H -DHAVE_STDINT_H -DHAVE_ENDIAN_H -DPTR_NOT_INT -DRIGHTSHIFT_int8_IS_SAR -DRIGHTSHIFT_int16_IS_SAR -DRIGHTSHIFT_int32_IS_SAR -DRIGHTSHIFT_int64_IS_SAR -DRIGHTSHIFT_IS_SAR '-DACCEPT_SIZE_T=socklen_t' tile.cpp -o tile.o

That step is EXTREMELY memory intensive, which means it slows down to near nothing as 99% of your processor is busy trying to keep up with swapping. It seems like poorly written code to me, but that's what you deal with sometimes. In order to get past that stage, I had to use distcc where I removed localhost from the distcc hosts, and only compiled remotely on my opteron with a ton of memory. I think it ended up using something like 900-1200 megs of memory for that single g++ instance, which is about 4x what the ps3 has.

Edit:

I just looked into that tile.cpp file more, it includes itself nineteen times. Somebody was either trying to get very fancy, or very lazy, and either way it ends up being absurdly written code. Then further bad news, I had forgotten this, but at least for me snes9x will not completely work with distcc. What I had to do is biuld it myself outside of portage, then turn on distcc JUST for tile.cpp (compiles in about 5 minutes on a machine with enough memory), then kill the build process, turn off distcc, and restart it (using the tile.o already compiled on another machine). Something's gotta give here, this process is absurd...
Smeagel
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I've noticed with this kernel, which others may have noticed, was that for some reason fceultra was locking up when i turned sound on, only getting about 0.5 frames per second. I've found the problem, and to fix it you just have to emerge alsa-oss, and run fceu with aoss, so my fceu command is now something like:

aoss fceu -sound 1 -opengl 0 -fs 1 romname.nes

Also using:
ps3videomode -v 2 -f

Will give you a full screen (centered square, not stretched sides) fceu. It works quite well with the ps3 gamepad, and honestly is the most comfortable i've ever emulated the NES (thanks to the gamepad).

Using the same video mode works well for full screen snes. I remove windows decorations and maximize, and it runs at full speed with the stretching, and looks about as good as you can get it to look.

Again, that screen size also works well for watching most downloaded video's, although it's a little small, it usually works and mplayer will run without choppiness with:
mplayer -sws 0 -zoom -hardframedrop file.avi

Just like most of you probably did, I bought this thing with the hopes of running 1080p video for all this stuff, but until we get a good binary X driver, that probably ain't happening. For now, this video mode works great for all of this stuff. The good news is, if Sony honestly does have interest in putting out a good X driver (probably with nvidia's help), it will probably happen. I've been _amazed_ at how fast they're opening up hardware and making things run better on the ps3 already. And FYI, I'm not a sony fanboy, I have disdain for them for the most part because of their RIAA/MPAA involvement.

I put an example video of all the new features (wireless bluetooth controller, wireless in general, etc) on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqFtNaDUgHY

Sorry for this being off topic! But I thought this was a good place to add it now. Thanks a TON to garlicbread for all his help, I've been using gentoo for many years, but when something isn't documented like this it makes it very difficult even on long-timers, thanks again.
Pizza67
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smeagel wrote:

I put an example video of all the new features (wireless bluetooth controller, wireless in general, etc) on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqFtNaDUgHY

Hi,

I'm really interested in what you did. In particular, are you using the bt ps3 controller to navigate throug file browser? If yes, how did you configure the window manager (I'm currently using Gnome) to accept input from js0?

Thanks in advance.
kjuanlu
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this error when run make modules_install:
Code:

BOOTCC  arch/powerpc/boot/prpmc2800.o
  BOOTCC  arch/powerpc/boot/empty.o
  HOSTCC  arch/powerpc/boot/addnote
  HOSTCC  arch/powerpc/boot/hack-coff
  HOSTCC  arch/powerpc/boot/mktree
strip -s -R .comment vmlinux -o vmlinux.strip
  WRAP    arch/powerpc/boot/zImage.ps3
dtc: invalid option -- b
Usage:
        dtc [options] <input file>

Options:
        -I <input format>
                Input formats are:
                        dts - device tree source text
                        dtb - device tree blob
                        fs - /proc/device-tree style directory
        -O <output format>
                Output formats are:
                        dts - device tree source text
                        dtb - device tree blob
                        asm - assembler source
        -V <output version>
                Blob version to produce, defaults to 3 (relevant for dtb
                and asm output only)
        -R <number>
                Make space for <number> reserve map entries (relevant for
                dtb and asm output only)
        -f
                Force - try to produce output even if the input tree has errors
make[1]: *** [arch/powerpc/boot/zImage.ps3] Error 1
make: *** [install] Error 2

I used the file arch/powerpc/configs/ps3_defconfig
make vmlinux
make modules
make modules_install

The version of dtc is 20060419
marschw
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kjuanlu wrote:
I have this error when run make modules_install:
Code:
dtc: invalid option -- b

The version of dtc is 20060419

I had the same problem; it looks like you have to use the git version of dtc for support of the -b parameter.
phaze
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting the globals.o error as well and I do not have distcc enabled. Here's my output from emerge --info
Code:
Portage 2.1.2.9 (default-linux/ppc/ppc64/2007.0/64bit-userland/desktop/970, gcc-4.1.2, glibc-2.5-r4, 2.6.16-ps3 ppc64)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.16-ps3 ppc64 Cell Broadband Engine, altivec supported
Gentoo Base System release 1.12.9
Timestamp of tree: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 00:00:10 +0000
dev-lang/python:     2.4.4-r4
dev-python/pycrypto: 2.0.1-r5
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.17
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.61
sys-devel/automake:  1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r2, 1.10
sys-devel/binutils:  2.17.50.0.17
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.3.16
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.23b
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.21
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="ppc ppc64"
AUTOCLEAN="yes"
CBUILD="powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -mabi=altivec"
CHOST="powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/share/X11/xkb"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/env.d /etc/gconf /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -mcpu=970 -mtune=970 -mabi=altivec"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="autoconfig distlocks metadata-transfer sandbox sfperms strict"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --delete-after --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages --filter=H_**/files/digest-*"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/portage/local/layman/garlicbread-ps3-overlay"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="X acl alsa altivec arts berkdb bitmap-fonts cairo cdr cli cracklib crypt cups dbus dri dvd dvdr eds emboss encode esd fam fbcon firefox fortran gdbm gif gnome gpm gstreamer gtk hal iconv ipv6 isdnlog jpeg kde ldap libg++ mad midi mikmod mp3 mpeg mudflap ncurses nls nptl nptlonly ogg opengl openmp oss pam pcre perl png ppc64 pppd python qt3 qt3support quicktime readline reflection sdl session spell spl ssl tcpd truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts unicode vorbis xml xorg xv" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="dummy fbdev mach64 mga nv r128 radeon vega"
Unset:  CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LANG, LC_ALL, LDFLAGS, LINGUAS, MAKEOPTS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS
dega
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just cuz u mentioned it:

Does someone achieved to compile sixpair.c ?

i tried but i got weird messages about usb functions unimplemented...
luckyknight
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to emerge git but it seems to be taking a very very long time. There is two options for git on emerge - apps or dev util? I chose the later but it seems to be compiling for a good hour! I honestly am starting to believe it's crashed.

So far i've installed Gentoo according to the wiki instructions and emerged KDE. I am trying to do the kernel but git compilation is holding me up. I am not sure if KDE or Gnome is best (for CPU & memory usage).

Is it necessary to apply the bluetooth patch with the instructions baygins posted?

What players we're used in the youtube video for the gentoo/PS3 video?

Anybody tried to use Gens or other megadrive/genesis emulator? I was a Sega fanboy back in the day :D
luckyknight
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: Git eventually installed!

I have also managed to get a Megadrive emulator called Generator to run playing Sonic the Hedgehog. It's not by any way smooth and runs quite slow but it's a start!
phaze
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i've managed to get the git kernel compiled and installed. Sound is compiled into the kernel not as a module and I've compiled snes9x 1.51 from the source manually. I'm getting choppy sound and play in windowed mode and if i even attempt full screen mode it crashes the ps3 completely. Won't even respond to ping and drops any connections I have. Any idea's?
luckyknight
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluez six-axis patch is now included in bluez-utils-3.12 :D Can't get it to work however.

I don't have these however??

/etc/conf.d/bluetooth
/etc/init.d/bluetooth restart

Is it possible to emerge freevo? The list of pre-requisites is daunting.

I've tried to compile xine but I get errors about xinearama.h not found. I've tried compiling freevo as well but I am stuck on missing dependencies for pygame (font?).

Also, ps3videomode 3 leaves huge bars on my Tv on the left and right. The -f switch zooms in but it then cuts off some parts of the screen. boot-game-os does not seem to work on 2.6.22 either.

I've also got problems with mplayer - it wont work on the default video mode (xv support not available?) or through ALSA. I can get video displayed by changing the options but I cannot scale the video any bigger.

I've noticed my KDE believe that it is running at 1124x644?

How do I get ALSA working properly when it is compiled into the kernel? I'm going to recompile the kernel now with ALSA as a module =( Update: ALSA now works as a module - in mplayer but not in KDE?
Crymson
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone had any luck getting wpa (using wpa_supplicant or another variant) to work? All the threads I've read say that people have been messing with it, but nothing definitive yet.

I'm out of the country right now though, so I haven't even been able to mess with fceu and/or snes9x for a while. It looks like some good progress has been made there though.

Thanks to garlicbread and Smeagel for all their hard work.
Flamie
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my second attempt to get the wireless controllers working, the first attempt gave compile errors when compiling the kernel (32ul) so I thought I'd ditch it. Now I got a 64ul, clean install and followed the instructions (too some degree anyway ^-^). Read somewhere here initrd probably wasn't necessary, so I ditched it, never liked initrd. my problem now is that it no longer boots, "please append a correct root= boot option".

It's quite obvious that my /etc/fstab and /boot/kboot points wrong when not using initrd and pointing to ps3da1 for root, so I guess I could figure that out eventually.

that said, IF I could just get it to boot the gentoo CD and let me change the stuff.

So how do I do that? my kboot gives me 5 secs to type the correct command to boot from a CD instead of from my installed linux, neither "install" or "rescue" works (they seem to point to specific YDL CD's).

I just wanna get to a shell so I can mount, chroot, recompile, reconfigure and reboot.
Help, anyone?
Flamie
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, I got things working on my own (turns out that in the kboot: you can specify a kernel, initrd, init, root etc as parameters and start an old kernel, fix things and reboot).
The bluetooth controllers work as advertised, that is, they connect, all buttons except the motion sensors work and if you pluig the USB cable they suddenly end up as another /dev/input/js* than they previously had.

now, snes9x won't compile, something about a failing C linkage in global.cpp.

crymson, you patched that on your own, right? mind sharing that patch? :)
Flamie
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone has issues with compiling mednafen and selblur.cpp, get the v0.8.3 beta, or the recently released v0.8.4-rc1. If sound gives you stuttering or lag, use -sounddriver oss.

Mednafen can play gba without 2d/3d acceleration on the PS3.

When compiling things on the PS3, I suggest instructing the kernel to swap as little as possible:
"echo 10 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness"

I'd post some config files for various emulators with mapped keys for the sixaxis gamepads and optimal/working settings for the PS3, but I don't know where to do that, if anyone want 'em, lemme know.

Cheers! Flamie.
nickthecook
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Using sixaxis as a mouse in X? Reply with quote

Anyone have any luck using the sixaxis as a mouse?

I've tried joymouse, but the farthest I got with that was being able to move the mouse pointer up and left with one of the sticks on the sixaxis (attempts to move the pointer down or right caused it to jump to the top right corner of the screen). Now I can't even get back to that point. :)

I've also tried the X11 joystick driver, but I get the following error:

Code:

(II) LoadModule: "joystick"
(II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input//joystick_drv.so
(II) Module joystick: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
        compiled for 7.1.1, module version = 1.1.0
        Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
        ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 0.6
(II) UnloadModule: "joystick"
(II) Unloading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input//joystick_drv.so
(EE) Failed to load module "joystick" (out of memory, 270452516)

According to a quick google search, this is not an uncommon error when using the joystick driver, but I can't find a solution online.

Getting the sixaxis to connect via bluetooth works perfectly, though - thanks to everyone who had a part in that!
Flamie
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Anyone have any luck using the sixaxis as a mouse?"

Do a google for evdev, that should be able to use any joystick as mouse input directly.
assam85
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello
the problem with snes9x is https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=562256

i had to make my own diff because the versions of that patch linked there and the snes9x we are trying to build are different (lines dont match)
plus there is an extra part that needs to be moved (haven't tried 1.51 though)

Code:
--- globals.cpp 2006-06-30 13:40:56.000000000 +0000
+++ globalsdiff.cpp     2007-08-08 14:28:09.000000000 +0000
@@ -181,8 +181,6 @@

struct SSettings Settings;

-struct SDSP1 DSP1;
-
 struct SSA1Registers SA1Registers;

struct SSA1 SA1;
@@ -191,11 +189,6 @@

SSoundData SoundData;

-SnesModel M1SNES={1,3,2};
-SnesModel M2SNES={2,4,3};
-SnesModel* Model=&M1SNES;
-
-
 uint8 *SRAM = NULL;
 uint8 *ROM = NULL;
 uint8 *RegRAM = NULL;
@@ -209,6 +202,12 @@

END_EXTERN_C

+struct SDSP1 DSP1;
+
+SnesModel M1SNES={1,3,2};
+SnesModel M2SNES={2,4,3};
+SnesModel* Model=&M1SNES;
+
 #ifndef ZSNES_FX
 struct FxInit_s SuperFX;
 #else

then

Code:
--- globals.cpp 2007-08-08 14:35:07.000000000 +0000
+++ globalsdiff.cpp     2007-08-08 14:43:01.000000000 +0000
@@ -185,8 +185,6 @@

struct SSA1 SA1;

-struct SBSX BSX;
-
 SSoundData SoundData;

uint8 *SRAM = NULL;
@@ -204,6 +202,8 @@

struct SDSP1 DSP1;

+struct SBSX BSX;
+
 SnesModel M1SNES={1,3,2};
 SnesModel M2SNES={2,4,3};
 SnesModel* Model=&M1SNES;

(2 seperate files because i was lazy)
i put the two patches in
Code:
/usr/portage/local/layman/garlicbread-ps3-overlay/games-emulation/snes9x/files/

as snes9x-1.50-global.patch & snes9x-1.50-global2.patch

then edited
Code:
/usr/portage/local/layman/garlicbread-ps3-overlay/games-emulation/snes9x/snes9x-1.50-r1.ebuild

@ line 54 between the last 2 patches

Code:
                "${FILESDIR}"/${P}-build.patch \
                "${FILESDIR}"/${P}-global.patch \
                "${FILESDIR}"/${P}-global2.patch \
                "${FILESDIR}"/${P}-config.patch

then
Code:
cd /usr/portage/local/layman/garlicbread-ps3-overlay/games-emulation/snes9x/
ebuild snes9x-1.50-r1.ebuild digest

my problem is with sound
i used your binary for the kernel and everything works great including sixaxis but i cant seem to find the snd_ps3pf in /dev and the methods you provided to check failed
it really looks like the driver is not there.

btw i started from a fresh install, built gcc4.3 & spu toolchain then started on your instructions; wanted to use your binary because i've never built a linux kernel before
assam85
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

little update
first snes9x
that 2 part patch that i posted funny enough is what snes9x-1.43-gcc412.patch consists of
i was impatient with the compile though and went with 1.51 instead but it too took a long time to compile (esp. unix/x11.cpp)
but like what garlic said 1.51 sounds bad so im trying to build 1.50 now

next sound
got it to work(!!) by compiling sound in instead of having it as a module
and i couldnt find snd_ps3pf or snd_ps3 in /dev because it doesnt sit there :D (im dumb)

UPDATE
Smolt hokes!! the code changes between 1.50 and 1.51 muffed up the sound
one thing i noticed was a call to a function S9xAPUExecute in cpuexec.cpp and cpuops.cpp in 1.51 thats not in 1.50
the function is called every cycle

i could be way off though, i dont know c++ (or c for that matter)

but 1.50 is worth the effort takes a long time to compile but is well worth it
assam85
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: blueray remote Reply with quote

something i remembered when using the bluray remote on the ps3 was that the first button press almost never registered and if you consider that unlike the controller which always needs to be scanned for changes in state(might not be stated right..) the remote is only used for single commands so it often sends a command and then stops

with that in mind i ran
Code:
hcidump -V -x
and evry button press registers a different value

the default state
Code:
> ACL data: handle 43 flags 0x02 dlen 17
    L2CAP(d): cid 0x0041 len 13 [psm 19]
      HIDP: Data: Input report
      01 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 05

play
Code:
      01 00 00 00 [b]32[/b] FF FF FF FF FF [b]01[/b] 05

pause
Code:
      01 00 00 00 [b]39[/b] FF FF FF FF FF [b]01[/b] 05

r3
Code:
      01 [b]04[/b] 00 00 [b]52[/b] FF FF FF FF FF [b]01[/b] 05

Code:

Aug 11 07:21:21 localhost hidd[14739]: New HID device 00:19:C1:21:EC:A6 (Sony Computer Entertainment Inc BD Remote Control)
Aug 11 07:21:21 localhost input: Sony Computer Entertainment Inc BD Remote Control as /class/input/input6

dont know if this is obvious though :(
** :E apparently its is; im a fool and i cant read, second page has links to a script to use the remote :s
Capcom
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garlicbread wrote:
If you just want pre-compiled binaries
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/garlicbread/Projects/PS3Linux/ps3-kernel-build-2.6.21-r1.tar.bz2
there shoud be a kernel file / initramfs file to go into /boot/
and a seperate directory to copy over for the kernel modules
(normally all kernel modules are stored in /lib/modules/<kernel version>)

but you'll still need to edit /etc/kboot.conf to specify a new line for the new kernel
different lines can be selected at boot by hitting the tab key at the initial kboot: prompt
e.g. gentoo_test=
but it's best to leave the default gentoo= line in for 2.6.16 until your sure the new kernel is okay
just in case the new entry doesn't work for any reason and you need to get back in to change the configuration

if you want to compile your own sources
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/garlicbread/Projects/PS3Linux/PS3-overlay.tar.bz2
you'll need to download / extract the archive and set it up as an overlay
(which means adding the direcrtory path to /etc/make.conf for the overlay once you've moved it into the right place)

I'm not going to go into the details of overlays
but there is more info here
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/overlays/userguide.xml
(it's just a way of adding custom packages / ebuilds that layer ontop of the default /usr/portage tree)

I'm sorry; I'm not a very experienced linux user.
I used the first package you offered, the pre-compiled binaries, and I extracted.
Where do I move them to get them working? Also what would I enter into the kboot.conf to enable the new kernels?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: