fstab question about vfat partition used by Apache
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OolongTea
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: fstab question about vfat partition used by Apache Reply with quote

I want a vfat partition to be mountable and unmountable by a specific user. This is fine; I can use uid, but I have my htdocs folder there, and want Apache to be able to read and write to that directory also.

Do I change the group that Apache runs on?

Do I add the user to the same group that Apache runs on (www) and give that group read/write permission?

Right now I have a 'fat' group that has access to read/write for that partition. Can I add Apache to run under multiple groups; www and my 'fat' group?

I run sshd and I don't want remote users to be able to read or write to the partition.

Oh and I forgot. I want my ElectricSheep mpegs on that partition also. So ESheep also needs read/write permission..

Thanks.
Sadako
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to ask, why would you want to have a web servers' data directory on a vfat partition?

But to answer your question, you should be able to just add the apache user to the fat group, simple as that.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: