mythtv & xbmcmythtv [SOLVED]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wesw02
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:58 pm    Post subject: mythtv & xbmcmythtv [SOLVED] Reply with quote

Hey guys,
I realise that this question is probably out of the support realm for this site, but I've been racking my brain for a few days and I am completely out of ideas. I have a mythtv backend and frontend running on my desktop machine, everything is working correctly there. However I have been unable to get xmbcmythtv (a mythtv frontend for XBMC) to work, it just says "Failed to connect to mysql". I am pretty sure my mysql is setup correctly as I can connect to it via my roommates computer.

If anyone has been successful getting this to work, I would appreciate any input, even if its "mine worked out of the box". Also if you have got it to work would you be so kind as to let me know what version of XBMC, xbmcmythtv, mythtv, and mysql you are using.

SOLUTION:
From what I have read the issue is that mysql versions >= 4.1 hash passwords differently. What you need to do is simple tell mysql to store the password the old way. This can be done by the following 2 queries:

Code:

UPDATE mysql.user SET password=OLD_PASSWORD('mythtv') WHERE user='mythtv' AND host='someip';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

note: you may need to update the query to reflect your circumstances (host, username, password)

Last edited by wesw02 on Fri May 18, 2007 4:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
KaZeR
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but i believe that the mysql client used by xmbcmythtv is for mysql-4 only. Or it's something like that.
Basically said, xmbcmythtv is broken since a few months :(

If you just want to watch your recordings, i'd suggest you to use uPNP. You need to activate XBMC's uPNP client (look in the network settings or somewhere there). It works well. And you can also put something like mediatomb to ease the reading of you other medias.

For scheduling and managing your recordings, nothing beats mythweb.

I hope it helps, enjoy.
wesw02
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KaZeR wrote:
I'm sorry, but i believe that the mysql client used by xmbcmythtv is for mysql-4 only. Or it's something like that.
Basically said, xmbcmythtv is broken since a few months :(

If you just want to watch your recordings, i'd suggest you to use uPNP. You need to activate XBMC's uPNP client (look in the network settings or somewhere there). It works well. And you can also put something like mediatomb to ease the reading of you other medias.

For scheduling and managing your recordings, nothing beats mythweb.

I hope it helps, enjoy.

Sweet, thanks alot for the info!
KaZeR
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, glad if i can help :)

If you're interested in mediatomb ( http://www.mediatomb.cc ) i've posted an ebuild some days ago in the unsupported software thread.

Enjoy :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: