Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Gentoo Prefix Portage with GCC 4.3!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddmendonca
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Gentoo Prefix Portage with GCC 4.3! Reply with quote

Hello,

While i'm waiting for a new Gentoo Portage that supports the Intel EFI, I started looking for the Gentoo Prefix Portage. http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/

In fact, I think if I can build this correctly I'll stay with Gentoo Prefix Portage, as my secondary package manager.

I started to install the new GCC 4.3 that supports a lot of new stuff (that I'm not going to talk about) like the core2 march flag. I know that it's in stage 1 and that probably i'm going to have some problems. Here is the link http://hpc.sourceforge.net/index.php

Is there someone using the Gentoo Prefix Portage with GCC4.3? Did you have some trouble in compiling tar with bootstrap script?

Thanks,
Edd
tallest
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got gcc-4,3 installed on my Core Duo MacBook Pro but I don't actually use it for compiling my system executables or libraries. I only use it for compiling some code for work which takes advantage of gcc-4.2+ support for OpenMP.
grobian
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Gentoo Prefix Portage with GCC 4.3! Reply with quote

eddmendonca wrote:
Hello,
Is there someone using the Gentoo Prefix Portage with GCC4.3? Did you have some trouble in compiling tar with bootstrap script?

Entire bootstrapping should work with GCC 4.3.0. I haven't encountered any problems with it yet, running on Linux, Solaris and Darwin.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo for Mac OS X (Portage for Mac OS X) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: