vmware problems
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dani_kenny
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: vmware problems Reply with quote

hi.
i used my vmware but i found this errors in my terminal

Code:
GTK Accessibility Module initialized
process 7257: Attempt to remove filter function 0xb6bebce0 user data 0x880b4c0, but no such filter has been added
  D-Bus not built with -rdynamic so unable to print a backtrace
process 7268: Attempt to remove filter function 0xb6dc8ce0 user data 0x880e130, but no such filter has been added

and how can i repair my vmware and ...help?

thanks
ninkasi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: vmware problems Reply with quote

dani_kenny wrote:
hi.

Code:
process 7257: Attempt to remove filter function 0xb6bebce0 user data 0x880b4c0, but no such filter has been added
process 7268: Attempt to remove filter function 0xb6dc8ce0 user data 0x880e130, but no such filter has been added

and how can i repair my vmware and ...help?

thanks

I started having pretty much exactly the same error, although in my case I was also getting messages like:
Code:
/opt/vmware/workstation/lib/bin/vmware: /opt/vmware/workstation/lib/lib/libpng12.so.0/libpng12.so.0: no version information available (required by /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2)

Anyhow, I got rid of the libpng errors by renaming the file in the vmware directories to *.old so vmware would load the standard ones. To get rid of the filter function error messages I had to unmerge dbus. Fairly drastic I guess, and definitely not a permanent fix, but worked for me. Re-emerging it causes the error to come back, and the vmware console fails to start. I should note that vmware itself runs, it's just the console that won't work. I tried emerging the player, and it seemed to be unaffected by dbus. I tried vmware-server, and it installed, and the console fired up, but it would refuse to communicate with the server backend. Anyhoo, I now get this error when starting vmware (workstation)
Code:
/opt/vmware/workstation/lib/bin/vmware: error while loading shared libraries: libdbus-1.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

but what the heck. Like I say this is a temporary "fix" - hopefully I or someone else will work out what's causing the clash and work out a permanent fix. See https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=155450 for follow up.....

Cheers

Oooh - update. Further to this, re-emerged dbus and vmware workstation console fired back up again..... mmmm.... intermittent problem.... cool.... ;-)
adamb
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: vmware problems Reply with quote

dani_kenny wrote:
hi.
thanks

I got the same error, and recompiling half of my system did not help at all :( . Finally, I emerged dbus with "debug" option, and then discovered HAL messages. So, I realized, that all you have to do is simply start your HAL deamon (/etc/init.d/hald start) IN CASE your dbus deamon is also started.

The other possibility, is to simply stop your dbus deamon. Then vmplayer will not try to use it, and no error will appear.
At least, this is how =app-emulation/vmware-player-2.0.3.80004 behaves for me :) (I tried the latest version, looking for solutions).

cheers.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: