Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Gentoo has served me well for java development !
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mellow
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Gentoo has served me well for java development ! Reply with quote

Been using it for java development both at work and at home for the last 3-4 years and except for some minor problem (unstable) once in a while it's been a pleasure.

Even the upgrade to java 1.6 worked smothly (maybe since the work in this forum started early) and as maven fan I was happy to emerge the new maven 2.0.5 release one day after the apache release ;)

Anyone interesting in starting some java development for can take a look my open source projects developer guide at http://edemocrazy.sourceforge.net/developer.html . Except for some version upgrades it's more or less the same as an development environment I introduced at serverside team of 5 developers at a mobile games company a few years back..

Will put my /var/lib/portage/world on the developer guide as soon as the sourceforge shell service is up again.

Pether
www.directdemocracyportal.org
Juha
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

It is very nice to know that the hibernate/maven is really used in open source projects.
I took a quick look through the democrazy source code and become interested in participating to such a project.
So if you are looking for a Java developer to work on an open source projects, please feel free to send IM. :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: