dbus update prevents gnucash from loading [solved]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ded
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:47 pm    Post subject: dbus update prevents gnucash from loading [solved] Reply with quote

When I update all my packages (emerge -vaNuD for example), I can't use gnucash anymore :

Code:
gnucash-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libdbus-glib-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Updating packages updates dbus from sys-apps/dbus-0.62-r2 to sys-apps/dbus-1.0.2. This replaces /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so.2 with /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so.3. The last versions of gnucash (app-office/gnucash-2.0.1 and 2.0.2) need /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so.2. Therefore, gnucash can't work anymore :(

The two versions of dbus block each other (I can't have both installed at the same time).

The only solution I see is masking the last version of dbus with /etc/portage/package.mask until gnucash will be able to play with it.

Is there a better solution to my problem ?

Thx in advance for your help !

Last edited by ded on Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dan
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

# equery b /usr/lib/libdbus-glib-1.so.2
[ Searching for file(s) /usr/lib/libdbus-glib-1.so.2 in *... ]
dev-libs/dbus-glib-0.72 (/usr/lib/libdbus-glib-1.so.2 -> libdbus-glib-1.so.2.0.0)

Code:
emerge dbus-glib

dmpogo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Re: dbus update prevents gnucash from loading Reply with quote

ded wrote:
When I update all my packages (emerge -vaNuD for example), I can't use gnucash anymore :

Code:
gnucash-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libdbus-glib-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Updating packages updates dbus from sys-apps/dbus-0.62-r2 to sys-apps/dbus-1.0.2. This replaces /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so.2 with /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so.3. The last versions of gnucash (app-office/gnucash-2.0.1 and 2.0.2) need /usr/lib/libdbus-1.so.2. Therefore, gnucash can't work anymore :(

The two versions of dbus block each other (I can't have both installed at the same time).

The only solution I see is masking the last version of dbus with /etc/portage/package.mask until gnucash will be able to play with it.

Is there a better solution to my problem ?

Thx in advance for your help !

It needs old version because it was compiled with it.
You have to recompile gnucash (and many other gnome packages as well). This is why dbus-1.0.2 was introduced as blocking and not just regular update.
Run
Code:

revdep-rebuild

after you first manually remove old dbus and install the new one
ded
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks dcoats but gnucash needs another lib :

Code:
gnucash-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libdbus-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
dmpogo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ded wrote:
Thanks dcoats but gnucash needs another lib :

Code:
gnucash-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libdbus-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This is what you have to recompile gnucash for
ded
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: dbus update prevents gnucash from loading [Solved] Reply with quote

Quote:
Run

Code:
revdep-rebuild

Ok, solved. I usually run revdep-rebuild, but this time, I must have done it after reemerging old dbus version...

Last edited by ded on Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
dmpogo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, before running revdep-rebuild, emerge hal first manually to upgrade it to a version that can be compiled agains dbus-1.0.2
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: