[MOVE PLEASE]Unofficial Gentoo LXDM themes
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clad in Sky
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: [MOVE PLEASE]Unofficial Gentoo LXDM themes Reply with quote

Hi there,

I was dissatisfied with the standard LXDM theme and made three Gentoo LXDM themes. Suggestions on how to improve them are highly welcome.

1. Gentoo (inspired by a wallpaper from Sebastian Pipping in the graphics section)
Screenshot

2. Gentoo2 (imaginative name, I know. Used the wallpaper from Dávid Kótai, Matteo Pescarin and Ethan Dunham, also in the graphics section)
Screenshot

3. Gentoo3 (also known as Genbuntu, own work)
Screenshot

I'm a bit uncertain about the last one, might have to redo it - moreover some people might find it offensive.
I'd also really like to replace the login list with a plain login field, where you just type your username. Unfortunately I don't know much about Gtk and documentation on theming LXDM is a bit lacking. Although I could replace the list by a simple entry field, I either got some white pixels besides the field, which looked stupid, or I had two fields, one of which wasn't functional.

You can download the themes from here.

Just extract the tarball to /usr/share/lxdm/themes and modify your /etc/lxdm/lxdm.conf to use Gentoo, Gentoo2 or Gentoo3. If you want to use a theme, make sure to comment out the line in lxdm.conf specifying a background image.
Now it's time for the harvest

Last edited by Clad in Sky on Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Clad in Sky
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this isn't the right subforum. Moderators, please move to "Desktop Environments".
Now it's time for the harvest
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: