filesystem in readonly mode
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soynuts
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: filesystem in readonly mode Reply with quote

What would cause my filesystem to become set in readonly mode? It usually chugs along fine for a few days and then it suddenly stops executing anything (mysql stops responding and I can't execute "reboot" and it stops writing to log files). It requires a hard system reboot to get it back into a workable mode. I've looked around my system as much as I could and have found nothing in particular that is weird or out of place. I would like to avoid a full system reinstall as this box is coloed 3 hours away from me.
Dan
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

possible hdd issue. Why did you start a new topic for this? You already had one opened.............
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-533342-highlight-.html
Soynuts
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this case seemed different from the other as the other one would happen every 5 days or so like clockwork. I ran in to this problem today just 24 hours after I had done a hard reboot on the system. Unlike the other problem I described I was able to ssh into the system and I could ps and top. ps showed a ton of defunct processes. Process usage on the entire system was < 5% and the file system was somehow in readonly mode. In the other problem it never told me the system was in readonly mode, it would just give me a bin/bash error or not respond.

The other problem was vague at best, this one is at least related to hardware/the filesystem, so I thought it would be best to branch into a forum related to the subject.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: