Question to Permissions!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STiAT
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: Question to Permissions! Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I am doing an ebuild for k3d. K3D is a modelling / rendering program, quite nice...

I now got a problem: installing in prefix /usr causes lot of bugs, the developers gave me the information that k3d in the current stable release needs an own program directory because their libs... otherwhise k3d would try to load libs from other programs, and crash of course..

Now, i tried to set the prefix to /usr/local/k3d, because i want it to be installed there... and i also tried /opt/k3d, because it seems more usual in gentoo.

Now, i get the problem that on the mkdir of /opt/k3d i get a Permission Denied and with that a Sandbox Error.

Any suggestions to get it installed in there? To pass this error? I tried to find a specific line in other ebuilds (openoffice-bin in example), but i couldn't find anything.

TIA

STiAT aka Grabler Georg
kopfarzt
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are really using mkdir, try dodir and have a look at man 5 ebuild, it seems to be more recent than the documentation on the web.

kopfarzt
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: