Gentoo & IPP
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robi-wan
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2002 6:14 pm    Post subject: Gentoo & IPP Reply with quote

On my print server I'm running OpenBSD with CUPS, and this works fine, I'm able to print from Win98 & XP clients with ease, it works fine.

I had Gentoo printing to it with CUPS using IPP but ever since my last clean emerge & emerge --update world I've been getting some problems.

First off, Mozilla doesn't print at all, I speculate that its using lpr and CUPS isn't picking it up. When trying to print in KDE (like with Konqueror for example). I get "An error occurred while retreving the printer list: The IPP request failed for an unknown reason."

and, when I point a web browser to http:127.0.0.1:631 I get the CUPS web setup interface, but when I try to setup a printer. In the devices drop-down menu, there is nothing.

I've tried unmerging & re-emeging cups, I've re-emerged kdebase & kdelibs but no luck there. I still have the same problem.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: