Video Editing Solutions
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveG
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: Video Editing Solutions Reply with quote

I'm new too Gentoo and am now just installing 2006.1 (Live CD) on one of my old hack'n'smash boxes...so far it's looking good ! Can't wait for the first test drive 8)

I have toyed with various distro's for some years and think my first taste was when Mandrake was first released ?? Anyway I'd love to go all open source here in our home computer room but the bugger is I'm a video buff...got many gigs of footage of my kids, hobbies etc...and I seem to be stuck with having to use apps that only run (crash?) on Windows :roll: Anyone know or use something open source that would be similar in function to the Liquid or Studio applications from Pinnacle ?

aypro
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can try kino, it's in portage :)
djay
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:57 am    Post subject: Re: Video Editing Solutions Reply with quote

SteveG wrote:
I'm new too Gentoo and am now just installing 2006.1 (Live CD) on one of my old hack'n'smash boxes...so far it's looking good ! Can't wait for the first test drive 8)

I have toyed with various distro's for some years and think my first taste was when Mandrake was first released ?? Anyway I'd love to go all open source here in our home computer room but the bugger is I'm a video buff...got many gigs of footage of my kids, hobbies etc...and I seem to be stuck with having to use apps that only run (crash?) on Windows :roll: Anyone know or use something open source that would be similar in function to the Liquid or Studio applications from Pinnacle ?

Well, there are rather many apps for video editing, of which I haven't chosen my favorite yet.

There are Lives, Kino, Pitivi and Cinelerra.

First 3 are more simple and less featured (But they have plenty nonetheless), Cinelerra is more professional and complex.

I use Cinelerra for features and Lives for simplicity.

Hope it helps.
VoVaN
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's updated version of kdenlive (0.4) at http://kdenlive.sourceforge.net/. The latest one is still not in portage, but I think it's worth to try.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: