Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Never managed to install Gentoo on my Sparc, any volunteers?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris_andrew
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Never managed to install Gentoo on my Sparc, any volunteers? Reply with quote

Hi,

I have never managed to install Gentoo on my Ultra 10. I always screw-up, and it never boots. Would anybody out there be prepared to do it via SSH, as mentioned in the install handbook?

I know this is a cheeky question, but I have tried so often and failed, I am about to abandon Gentoo and move to Ubuntu.

Cheers,

Chris.
cyblord
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not abandon Gentoo! there's hope.
Weeve
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willing to help you work through it, but not SSH in and do it. What kinds of problems are you having? The more data you can post the better we can help :D
krakadikt5k
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: i wouldn't mind helping you like that. Reply with quote

holler back if you want me to help. but I've only even installed sparc-gentoo on my enterprise systems. never even seen a U10 or U5 before. but i did manage to get it running on my 2 E4500s, e450, and e250. maybe we could figure out some way of sharing a screen session so you can see how i'd go about doing it.
-dan
psychocandy
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Never managed to install Gentoo on my Sparc, any volunte Reply with quote

chris_andrew wrote:
Hi,

I have never managed to install Gentoo on my Ultra 10. I always screw-up, and it never boots. Would anybody out there be prepared to do it via SSH, as mentioned in the install handbook?

I know this is a cheeky question, but I have tried so often and failed, I am about to abandon Gentoo and move to Ubuntu.

Cheers,

Chris.

Good luck Chris. Been trying to get it working on my Netra for about a week now !!!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: