portage history snapshots?!?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
krigav
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: portage history snapshots?!? Reply with quote

I just thought that it would be nice to have the access to older portage snapshot tarballs. For example if somebody like to build an old system (using gcc 3.3, glibc-2.3.4, xorg 6.7.*) with all the applications that were used at that time.

Is there any possibillity to download somewhere a tarball like for example portage-20051010.tar.bz2 ?!?

Don't ask me for logical reasons to do this (maybe to be able to use older hardware, that isn't able to build gcc 4.1) I just thought that this would be interesting. :-)
Genone
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no historic tarballs (20MB per day for months/years is a bit much), but you can use the new anoncvs service, see last weeks GWN about it. It's not exactly the same though as the tarballs also include some additional data (pregenerated cache, glsas, dtds) that's injected elsewhere, but for most cases it should be sufficient.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: