gpdf-cvs ebuild
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess Firefly
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 11:21 pm    Post subject: gpdf-cvs ebuild Reply with quote

I didn't see an ebuild for gpdf anywhere so I made one based on the libgal2-cvs thingy at breakmygentoo.net. This checks out the latest gpdf sources from cvs.

Download it HERE.

I made xpdf the only dependency cause I'm not sure what you need. gnome 2.2 obviously. Let me know if you discover any other dependencies.

Also, note that you'll have to modify your /etc/bonobo-activation/bonobo-activation-config.xml to look like this:

Code:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<oafconfig>
<searchpath>
            <item>/usr/local/lib/bonobo/servers</item>
</searchpath>
</oafconfig>

and then restart gnome. (as per this bug report).

peace yo,
xpfx
Princess Firefly
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should mention that gpdf is a gnome2 pdf viewer based on xpdf. It's for people like me who are convinced that adobe is in cohorts with microsoft by trying their best to make their linux version of acrobat reader the absolute ugliest pdf viewer on the face of the planet.

gpdf looks really good (edit: screenshots below!). It's so refreshing to see this finally being done. One of the nicest things for me is that the mouse wheel works. I'm so sick of acroread's clumsy interface. Of course gpdf is in early development so things like contents and what have you aren't there and it'll probably crash sometimes (hasn't for me yet :) ) but damn, I'm happy. Yay gnome.

Last edited by Princess Firefly on Fri May 02, 2003 7:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
snakattak3
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess Firefly wrote:
It's for people like me who are convinced that adobe is in cohorts with microsoft by trying their best to make their linux version of acrobat reader the absolute ugliest pdf viewer on the face of the planet.

Agreed. Thanks for the ebuild.
darktux
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are the screenshots? 8O :wink:

www.tuxslare.org - My reborn website :P
Princess Firefly
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: right here Reply with quote

How could I forget :wink:

Here is one of pdf and another one and I suppose just to be fair I should include one of barfy old acroread.

The screenshots are all about 120kB. I didn't want them to be fuzzy in case someone was interested in the rendering quality (or you could take my word that it looks just as good).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: