tftpboot with Cassini 10/100/1000 driver
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamchris
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: tftpboot with Cassini 10/100/1000 driver Reply with quote

Disclaimer: This is sort-of related to my previous post about NICs on the B1600 Blade chassis but with a slightly different spin. Please forgive me for double posting.

I have a chicken-and-the-egg problem. I need a tftpboot with the Cassini NIC driver built in or available to pop in as a module to get these blades booting into Linux with network support. The only way into these blades is via the boot net facility and then to mount up remote storage for transfer. I can't get my stage3 tarball over to the blade to get a compiler running because the available tftpboot images don't have the Cassini NIC driver.

I have neither the expertise nor the facilities to cross-compile my own. This is my first venture into the world of Sparc processors.

I was hoping that there would be a kind soul who wouldn't feel bad about cobbling something together and dropping me a link. You'd have my gratitiude.

CG
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: