Ultra 5 crashed?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fearofthedark
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:37 am    Post subject: Ultra 5 crashed? Reply with quote

I have a Ultra 5 running 2006.0 with kernel 2.4.32-sparc-r2.

This morning I turned its monitor on and was greeted with a white screen that looked like the boot prom, but there was no cursor, no ok prompt, and no text on it. L1-A didn't do anything, nor did shift-power, nor the power button on the box. Also none of the lights on the keyboard would turn on. I had to pull the power cord out.

It booted normally, but I had to leave it to get to class on time, so I didn't get to look at other stuff on it until a little while ago.

It had been up about 8 days. Fluxbox was running with Gaim and Firefox up. Half of Firefox's history from yesterday is missing and when I brought it up it went to the "Welcome to Firefox" page. I had added a few buddies in Gaim during those 8 days and none of them were still on my buddy list. Thunderbird and everything else didn't seem to be missing anything.

Has anyone got any idea what happened? I'm not concerned about any missing data, I just want to know or have some idea of what happened to it and why. Thanks.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: