Burn Audio CD's from command line using .m3u-file
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cajzell
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Burn Audio CD's from command line using .m3u-file Reply with quote

I have had some trouble burning audio CD's with cdrdao and other apps which haven't worked for me, so I decided to do my own little command.

First create an .m3u file containing the wav-files you want to burn in the correct order, I do it with xmms
(you have to
Code:
emerge -av media-plugins/xmms-wav

to get xmms play wavs.)

After you are satisfied with the playlist length and order, save it as e.g. ~/playlist.m3u and run from command line:
Code:

cdrecord -v speed=12 dev=0,0,0 -pad -dao -audio -swab `perl -ne 'chomp; if (-e){print $_." "; }' ~/playlist.m3u`

Of course, adjust speed to what you want and dev to your device. This works fine for me.

If you want to, you can always run the last part
Code:
perl -ne 'chomp; if (-e){print $_." "; }' ~/playlist.m3u

just to make sure all the files are there in correct order. If not, check path and filename to missing file, there may be some strange chars and rename.

Hope you like this supersimple tip.
cypherphreak
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am currently reading the man page for cdrecord but also posting here in case someone can give me a faster result then my brain but what options would be needed for creating an MP3 disk rather then a cda I have tried

Code:

cdrecord -v speed=32 dev=/dev/cdrw -dao -data `perl -ne 'chomp; if (-e){print $_." "; }' ~/music/wip.m3u`

but get
Quote:
cdrecord: Track limit (99) exceeded
any help would be appreciated but I am sure I will eventually figure it out

All i need to figure out is how to drop all the mp3's onto 1 track but I am not familiar with cdrecord
cypherphreak
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think mkisofs would put them all into 1 track. Now I need to figure out how to get mkisofs to use multiple file paths(if even possible) and then how to make my m3u list actually work because many of them are using spaces between filenames. So far I have did a find replace to add \ preceding spaces but still no luck.
cajzell
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are trying to produce an audio CD, I think the limit is 99 tracks in the specification. I think you cannot have a CD-Audio disc with more than 99 songs.
cypherphreak
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im trying to create an mp3 CD from an m3u through commandline. Very similar to what the post was designed for but I prefer mp3 as my car's CD player supports mp3 playback, plus I prefer to cause less accidents by changing the CD less often :P but thanks for reply.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: