apache and pure-tfpd access question
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tabo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 1:09 pm    Post subject: apache and pure-tfpd access question Reply with quote

hi,

I am having some trouble connecting to both servers on my LAN. I must either use its local IP addresss or localhost in order to connect. Using the domain name that I have from dyndns.org or the IP address that I receive from my ISP, i get a connection refused error message. I have verified that both servers does in fact work, i got friends to try to browse the site and I have succesfully use the ftp from work.

for apache, i have a directory alias defined. it works fine on the server machine, using the 'localhost'/tabo' ... but when i test it out from another machine, with the servers local ip address, 192.168.0.79/tabo, i get a very weird "Cannot find server or DNS error" in IE and i get the following from the Apache server logs :

[19/Apr/2003:09:56:10 -0500] "GET /tabo HTTP/1.1" 301 312 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)"

pure-ftpd goes one step further.. and all access from the LAN to it is denied.

I looked over the docs and the settings and I'm not seeing anything that I have done that would prevent access to either one of these servers. Any clues?

thanks
tabo
Woofles
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sound like you have a firewall or something setup, you could try
Code:

echo "0" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

Only would work if you have a iptables rule that is screwing with it. Hope it helps...[/code]
tabo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont have iptables installed at the moment... but i might have parts of it compiled as modules, but not loaded.. would that be a problem?

and should the code produce any output? I tried it and i got nothing at all. no complaints either...

thanks
tabo

Roske wrote:
Sound like you have a firewall or something setup, you could try
Code:

echo "0" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

Only would work if you have a iptables rule that is screwing with it. Hope it helps...[/code]
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: