View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NaterGator
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Chromium requires media-fonts/jsmath for google docs Reply with quote

This is just a friendly tip for those who are searching in the future.

I don't know if this is a product of the Chromium version (6.0.472.0), a recent change to the google documents equation editor, or something else even more obscure.

Today, however, I began getting error messages while opening certain Google Docs telling me to reload the page or try again later, and subsequently noticed my equations/formulas were rendering incorrectly. Specifically certain characters were substituted (the minus sign - appeared as a grave-A: À) and formatting was incorrect. Opening the Chromium error console showed a failing jsmath call which clued me into emerging media-fonts/jsmath

Sure enough, this fixed the problem and all is back to normal. Like I said I don't know why this never turned up before and why searching doesn't show anyone else with the same problem, but just in case you're running into the same wall I was and have come across this through a search, you now know what to do.

Cheers! 8)
-Nate
John R. Graham
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Gentoo bug report would be nice. Lots of developers do not monitor the forums.

- John
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: