should i upgrade to amd64?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blacksadness
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: should i upgrade to amd64? Reply with quote

hey, i recently had to remove gentoo from my desktop and install suse, well good news suse sucks i'm coming back.. anyway i was thinking of installing the 64bit version but i want to know if i'll face some issues, i have an ATI video card.. so are the drivers good enough? the main programs i'll be needing are gnome mono monodevelop eclipse anjuta glade and many java programs in addition to some kde apps and firefox and flash probably also movies.. i know the issues with flash and mplayer these are not really a big deal, are there major issues on amd64 with the apps i mentioned above or with my ATI X300 video card,
thank you in advance
Zepp
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could never get firefox-bin to use my gtk theme/preferences personally. Other then that and having to unmask a bunch of stuff things seem to be working ok.
blacksadness
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: installation medium Reply with quote

hey, i finnished downloading the live cd just to find out it doesn't pass the md5 check, i have the stage3 and most of the distfiles.. does somoen know of a 64 bit lightweight live cd i can use as installation medium i can't keep my pc unusable so i need to find a replacement, i have an old 2006.0 x86 will the installation work from that?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: