Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Need help with glsa-check, a cron job, & a file.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dralnu
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Need help with glsa-check, a cron job, & a file. Reply with quote

Ok, this is something I did to help keep me up to date.

I've got a file in my user $HOME, and it list everything that needs to be updated, checks for security updates, and I may have it tell me if a rootkit was removed.

As you have probably guessed, this all runs daily via cron, which atm has turned into its own apreciable shell script it seems (alot of echo and output redirection), but I run into a slight problem with glsa-check:

I install an update, and it is STILL listed (the file is over-written every day at the very start, so I know thats not a reason).

The command I use is: glsa-check -p $(glsa-check -t all) <output redirection to file>

Anyone have any idea how to remove such an annoyance?

Also, would anyone have any clue what the fastest way to run emerge --sync, updatedb, update-eix, and all that? Any particular order/time (and I mean a time when the server load may be minimal to help keep from causing any un-needed stress on the servers)?

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: