Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
User Representative Elections
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you like most to be a user representative?
_AxS_
2%
 2%  [ 10 ]
AllenJB
0%
 0%  [ 3 ]
Anarcho
1%
 1%  [ 8 ]
ASIO_BOB
1%
 1%  [ 7 ]
cheater1034
5%
 5%  [ 28 ]
CoffeeBuzz
6%
 6%  [ 30 ]
cokehabit
13%
 13%  [ 65 ]
djay
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
DrChandra
1%
 1%  [ 7 ]
InfoManiac
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
kopp
11%
 11%  [ 54 ]
likewhoa
3%
 3%  [ 17 ]
loki99
3%
 3%  [ 19 ]
lxnay
6%
 6%  [ 33 ]
Monkeh
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
nephros
6%
 6%  [ 30 ]
nxsty
6%
 6%  [ 29 ]
orick
1%
 1%  [ 6 ]
pablo_supertux
1%
 1%  [ 7 ]
padde
1%
 1%  [ 6 ]
Q-collective
6%
 6%  [ 30 ]
Richard Fish
4%
 4%  [ 23 ]
sluggo
0%
 0%  [ 4 ]
STiGMaTa_ch
2%
 2%  [ 13 ]
taskara
2%
 2%  [ 14 ]
Tiger683
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
tophisher
0%
 0%  [ 3 ]
toskala
3%
 3%  [ 15 ]
XenoTerraCide
1%
 1%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 477

Headrush
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll admit I didn't vote for cokehabit.
It had nothing to do with his use of Ubuntu or that I thought he wasn't qualified enough. Having seen many of cokehabits posts, in many instances some people seem to miss his points or don't recognize the humor in many of them. This tended to start a barage of "personal" attack posts. As a user representative I thought this could be a problem for some noobies.

As a ubuntu user, he might well be able to better relay some of the issues switching users might encounter that we take for granted or miss. Congrats cokehabit and all winners. Hopefully these new positions will further strengthen this great distro. :)
tuam
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First: Congrats, Cokehabit.

RuiP wrote:
That means that 65 of 96338 vote for cokehabit.
This have any users representative expression? 0.067% of registered users!?

This is a problem in all public elections, but we should accept that this *is* representative - no vote means "I accept the others' votes".

I would like to invite non-voters to post why they did not, so we could see what the problem was.

<flame mode="moderate">
This reminds me of Spock who says in "Spock's World" that the Vulcan word for "idiot" is 'derived from an older word meaning "one who refuses to participate in civic affairs" '. (I quote indirectly from http://bgb.malibulist.com/archives/2005/08/small_town_poli.html, because I only read the German translation.)
</flame>

FF,

Daniel
Sedrik
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't vote because I simply didn't know about this election, seeing that I started using the boards quite alot only a week or two ago it was not to hard to miss (I almost only use the 24 hours last post or ego_serach pages).

Anyway I hope this makes the communication between users - devs better =)
mark_alec
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The User Relations team are still discussing the results of the elections and how to best proceed from here as this is the first time such a project has been undertaken (userreps). Suffice to say, that people will be notified when decisions have been made.
RuiP
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
well i confess that on my post i was not trying to hit or search the resons why so few users vote...
It just look to me that on a community famous for its size number and commitment of they users the most voted got only 65 votes (and for the specific purpose that votation was) sounds a little ridiculous.

The reasons for that results i haven't the faintest idea...

Linux users and Gentoo specially are people who like to do they things by themselfs.
If someone have a problem, want some specific feature or liked something changed he/she will more easilly make a thread on it, fill a bug report or contact some devs directly then inteact through some "user representative". I'm absolute sure about that.

Imho, most of the people simply fails to see the point for such nomination. Thats all.

Last edited by RuiP on Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigbob73 wrote:
Congrats cokehabit!

P.S. I miss your old avitar
cheers mate, wanna get high? :D
playfool
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
bigbob73 wrote:
Congrats cokehabit!

P.S. I miss your old avitar
cheers mate, wanna get high? :D

Is that you Towelie?

I can't believe you are winning this election, then again I voted for you because of all the people on the list you are the most vocal one.
RuiP
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playfool wrote:
... of all the people on the list you are the most vocal one.

Who cokehabit? Not a little bit.
The most vocal of that list is InfoManiac! Compared to him cokehabit is a mere balbutiating asthmatic... :lol:
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuiP wrote:
playfool wrote:

The most vocal of that list is InfoManiac! Compared to him cokehabit is a mere balbutiating asthmatic... :lol:
who? Did he get lots of votes?
Philantrop
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How vocal anyone here might be, I think the point where it would be better to shut up has been reached.
playfool
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuiP wrote:
playfool wrote:

Okay I admit it, I've been a part of this community so long that everyone I remember as being useful when I was using Gentoo have left or died (rest in peace Michal). When the most useful person I know left is Cokehabit then you know you are about to hit rockbottom
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

playfool wrote:
RuiP wrote:
playfool wrote:
Okay I admit it, I've been a part of this community so long that everyone I remember as being useful when I was using Gentoo have left or died (rest in peace Michal). When the most useful person I know left is Cokehabit then you know you are about to hit rockbottom
i still say you and ciaranm should be userreps
cheater1034
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kensai wrote:
Gergan Penkov wrote:
hm, why are trolling the forums, what do you have against cokehabit, cheater1034 and so on

Ok, at least something I have that is good is that I accept my errors.
First I was a bit frustrated by the results, now I want to apologize to cokehabit, man if you won then make a good work in representation of us, what I was angry at was someone that used Ubuntu winning as a Gentoo Users Rep. But, i'm mistaken if people want you then shall be it. So sincerily and seriously now Congrats and may you be a good user rep, I know you will. :wink: I hope in a future problem I have you can help me. :lol:

You should stay under control. You wouldn't have to aplogize if you weren't being stupid in the first place.

Kensai wrote:
At cheater1034 I just have to say LOL. Did anyone gave you voice on this matter? I know cokehabit can talk and defend himself ( and he did). You have just stepped here attacking me, I was ignoring you at first because you seem to me like a children that needs attention (people have talked to me about you and your attitude). Please don't direct a word to me if the matter does not involves you or if you can't help in any way. Do you think I care if you have respect for me? I haven't even talked to you in the first place, please keep out of the places they haven't called you, be mature. You know what I still have respect for you since I believe people can change their attitudes. Read my signature it shows how much I appreciate quality and if you are going to talk to me please give a quality/no useless speech (if you can). 8)

The matter involves you being an ass, not cokehabit. I got enraged at you for being stupid, flaming on the user rel project, and on top of that you down on cokehabit. I don't see anyone else crying because who they may have voted for didn't win.

I would say I'm not notoriously known for my attitude, only a couple people would consider me to have an attitude, and with good reason. (judging from your signature, I can assume one of your sources) I'll get angry, if I have to. Mainly to people who don't cooperate with me, and want the easy way out. (I dont get mad usually, I tell them to do it, or they're out of luck.

I honestly don't care, you are making no sense, considering I came out in an attempt to stop your nonsense, and you're accusing me of immaturity. I won't reply anything else, because I don't care.

Comments on your signature, I see no signs of quality there.

Now shutup, if you have any further statements send them to me in a P-M.

Regards

(don't shoot me for this post, it is only targeted to kensai, and I know, it shouldnt be public. *sorry*, I just had to defend myself in public, I will handle everything else if needed in a P-M)
Lost in android development land.
vipernicus
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheater1034 wrote:
Kensai wrote:
Gergan Penkov wrote:
hm, why are trolling the forums, what do you have against cokehabit, cheater1034 and so on

Ok, at least something I have that is good is that I accept my errors.
First I was a bit frustrated by the results, now I want to apologize to cokehabit, man if you won then make a good work in representation of us, what I was angry at was someone that used Ubuntu winning as a Gentoo Users Rep. But, i'm mistaken if people want you then shall be it. So sincerily and seriously now Congrats and may you be a good user rep, I know you will. :wink: I hope in a future problem I have you can help me. :lol:

You should stay under control. You wouldn't have to aplogize if you weren't being stupid in the first place.

Kensai wrote:
At cheater1034 I just have to say LOL. Did anyone gave you voice on this matter? I know cokehabit can talk and defend himself ( and he did). You have just stepped here attacking me, I was ignoring you at first because you seem to me like a children that needs attention (people have talked to me about you and your attitude). Please don't direct a word to me if the matter does not involves you or if you can't help in any way. Do you think I care if you have respect for me? I haven't even talked to you in the first place, please keep out of the places they haven't called you, be mature. You know what I still have respect for you since I believe people can change their attitudes. Read my signature it shows how much I appreciate quality and if you are going to talk to me please give a quality/no useless speech (if you can). 8)

At the Poll Author and Site Admin sorry for saying bad things about the organization or poll, I recognize it was because of frustration. Keep up the good work Gentoo staff. I appreciate it. :wink:

The matter involves you being an ass, not cokehabit. I got enraged at you for being stupid, flaming on the user rel project, and on top of that you down on cokehabit. I don't see anyone else crying because who they may have voted for didn't win.

I would say I'm not notoriously known for my attitude, only a couple people would consider me to have an attitude, and with good reason. (judging from your signature, I can assume one of your sources) I'll get angry, if I have to. Mainly to people who don't cooperate with me, and want the easy way out. (I dont get mad usually, I tell them to do it, or they're out of luck.

I honestly don't care, you are making no sense, considering I came out in an attempt to stop your nonsense, and you're accusing me of immaturity. I won't reply anything else, because I don't care.

Now shutup, if you have any further statements send them to me in a P-M.

Regards

(don't shoot me for this post, it is only targeted to kensai, and I know, it shouldnt be public. *sorry*, I just had to defend myself in public, I will handle everything else if needed in a P-M)

Did you really have to continue this. You could have posted this whole thing in a PM to him, it looks worse when said in public. He's already apologized to cokehabit.

Code:

You could have left that out, because those involved in his signature have nothing to do with your argument.

Last edited by vipernicus on Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Kensai
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheater1034 wrote:

But people make mistakes and since we are not perfect. So thats why I apologized and I hope cokehabit accepts my apologies.
cheater1034 wrote:

Honestly I want no problem with you I hope one day we talk and who knows, maybe I'll use your guide someday. I hope the best for you, and as I said I haven't lost respect for you. :wink:

Last edited by Kensai on Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kensai wrote:
cheater1034 wrote:

But people make mistakes and since we are not perfect. So thats why I apologized and I hope cokehabit accepts my apologies..
sure
Kensai wrote:
cheater1034 wrote:
Then you shouldn't have replied in the first place, if you aren't an immatuare person then you don't need to clear yourself in a post since people know who you are. You shouldn't even speaked in the first place since nobody asked you and it was between me and cokehabit.
people have every right to say who they think is in the right and who they think is in the wrong and the fact that so many people have supported me in this ultimately shows that i was 100% the people's choice
Kensai
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
people have every right to say who they think is in the right and who they think is in the wrong and the fact that so many people have supported me in this ultimately shows that i was 100% the people's choice

Ok I have edited it please cokehabit edit my quotation of me accordingly if you can. :wink:

Last edited by Kensai on Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
vipernicus
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
Kensai wrote:
cheater1034 wrote:

But people make mistakes and since we are not perfect. So thats why I apologized and I hope cokehabit accepts my apologies..
sure
Kensai wrote:
cheater1034 wrote:
Honestly I want no problem with you I hope one day we talk and who knows, maybe I'll use your guide someday. I hope the best for you, and as I said I haven't lost respect for you. :wink:

You have a good attitude. :D Congrats. Do you get a robe, or a crown or anything? Maybe a big stick you can beat people with? Should all cokehabit quotes start with "his lordship"?
cheater1034
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kensai wrote:
cheater1034 wrote:

But people make mistakes and since we are not perfect. So thats why I apologized and I hope cokehabit accepts my apologies.

Sorry for coming on rough

Kensai wrote:
cheater1034 wrote:

Fine, I moved into a personal-state rather than a gentoo-welfare-state with what you said to me after apologizing. I shouldn't of brought it to this thread.

I'm more of an evil genius :twisted: in comparison to a guy like cokehabit :P
Lost in android development land.
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vipernicus wrote:
You have a good attitude. :D Congrats. Do you get a robe, or a crown or anything? Maybe a big stick you can beat people with? Should all cokehabit quotes start with "his lordship"?
kneel in my presence when you ask me that :twisted:
dmery
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Congratulation Mr Cokehabit Reply with quote

Congratulation Cookehabit........

You won and I hope you will be doing a good job as User Representative. :wink:

Regards,
Daniel Mery :D
Arch user
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i'd just like to remind people that as rude and as obnoxious as i can be here i will be that way to try and get what the users want.

If i am here then you can count on me being on your side, just dont ask me from the 10th to the 24th because i'm on holiday in the south of france. :P
Kensai
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
Well i'd just like to remind people that as rude and as obnoxious as i can be here i will be that way to try and get what the users want.

Lets just hope developers are open to recieve that kind of feedback form the user rep. Sometimes developers just ignores things like this and they continue to work as they like not hearing what a user have to say. Hope this doesn't happen here.
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kensai wrote:
cokehabit wrote:
Lets just hope developers are open to recieve that kind of feedback form the user rep. Sometimes developers just ignores things like this and they continue to work as they like not hearing what a user have to say. Hope this doesn't happen here.
thats the thing, devs have been ignoring most users for a long time now anyway
playfool
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cokehabit wrote:
playfool wrote:
RuiP wrote:
playfool wrote:
i still say you and ciaranm should be userreps

I'm game but you don't think the whole me pimping Fedora would kinda throw Gentoo users off a bit.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: