Citrix ICA client error 12
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thmclean
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject: Citrix ICA client error 12 Reply with quote

I am running 1.4rc3 and after downloading the
ICAClient-6.30-1.i386.rpm to /usr/src/distfiles and installing it (using the
ebuild script), it seems to have installed without errors but when I
execute "wfica" I get an error saying:

"An error occured. The error code is 12 (E_MISSING_INI_ENTRY)"

This error code appears to be related to a missing or corrupted
configuration file (per the documentation of the Citrix site), but I
don't know what is missing or corrupted!
What do I need to do to get this running?

Thanks,

Tom
quikchaos
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried running the 'wfcmgr' yet? I had problems running wfica, but wfica works properly now after setting up a connection with wfcmgr. I am think the wfcmgr creates the config file it thinks is missing? Just shooting blind-folded here.
thmclean
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried that and wfcmgr opens up the connection manager but when I try to run wfica again afterwards it still returns the same error message.
quikchaos
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am using Citrix ICA Client 6.30.1052(58015), but I got it from citrix.com about a month ago using the .tar.gz installation method. I didn't even touch the ebuild.

I am still having trouble getting it to work with browsers other than netscape, but I use the full ICA desktop anyway, so using the wfcmgr is all I need.

You might try getting the .tar.gz version from the website here. See if installing and running that version changes anything. If so, then it sounds like a bug report needs to be filled for the current ebuild. I am a little confused why the ebuild requires the rpm of the client install anyway.
jsleeper
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the Citrix client off of the citrix website, didn't know about the ebuild (should have done emerge search). Anyway, what I have done is set up the connections with wfcmgr (we publish apps instead of full desktop). Then, I renamed what the app was named (the column on the left, i'm not at that box so I can't remember what it's labeled). To run the app without having to run wfcmgr and then double-clicking the app, I enter

/usr/lib/ICAClient/wfica -desc "outlook"

Where outlook is the description I gave it in wfcmgr. Works like a charm.

I have it mapping / and /home/jsleeper to c and d, I just now need to figure out how to get it to map my printer!

joe
thmclean
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem appears to be solved! Thanks to both of you for the advice. Took awhile noodling and extracting the meaningful information out of the .ica files to set up the connections manually in wfcmgr. I'm not sure whether uninstalling the emerged ICAClient and installing the tar.gz version had anything to do with it, but here's how I solved the problem:

Using the tar.gzipped version installed to the default location (/usr/lib/ICAClient), and ran wfica. Still getting the Error 12 message so I tried jsleeper's advice and set up the connections manually in wfcmgr. For those of you who don't know what data to use in the fields, open up the .ica file you wish to run in a text editor. For "Server Location" use the IP address on the line that starts with the protocol type (eg. TcpBrowserAddress='IP Address') Once you've entered a valid server IP, call your connection whatever you want in "Description" and take the "Server" info from the line in the .ica file underneath [ApplicationServers] (in my case it had an = sign after but that didn't seem necessary). Then go to "Window" in the pulldown menu at the top and set your desired colors and resolution settings. Optionally set your login and password under the login pulldown menu. Click Apply and OK to exit the add server dialog and double click to run. Can also run programs like jsleeper suggested above.

Hope this helps people in the same situation!

-Tom
thmclean
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should add that this doesn't do anything for browser integration, and that you have to set up each application in wfcmgr before you can use it. As I only use two applications, this solution works fine for me. It would be nice if somebody more knowledgeable could find out what is causing this error and/or work on the browser integration/MIME issue.
quikchaos
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I will have to add that 'web integration' part to my very long 'wish I had time' TO-DO list. Glad it is at least working though.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: