[SOLVED] Problem emerging PHP5.0.5
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oxEz
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] Problem emerging PHP5.0.5 Reply with quote

Hi, I followed these steps to install PHP5 on my gentoo box. I'm at the emerging step when I type: USE="dba" emerge dev-lang/php

Here is the error I get:
Code:

* Running aclocal
TSRM/tsrm.m4:71: file `TSRM/TSRM/threads.m4' does not exist

!!! ERROR: dev-lang/php-5.0.5-r1 failed.
!!! Function php5_0-sapi_src_unpack, Line 285, Exitcode 1
!!! Unable to run aclocal successfully
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.

I looked in forums, and I saw that using libxml2-2.6.20 would sove the problem, but it didn't for me. (It wasn't the same error, but I searched for 'TSRM')

If anyone can solve this, it would be greatly appreciated, as I really need PHP5 for my OOP classes.

Thank you in advance!

SOLVED: had to upgrade automake and m4.
LynxofCP
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, thanks heaps for that solution. I've been bashing my head on my monitors trying to fix this on my own before asking about it here.
uncleben
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same for me, thank you very much
llongi
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi the three of you. :)
I'm trying to track down the source of this problem as best as possible to see if I can fix it for future users in our ebuilds, and for this I need the following information from you:

1) the output of the following command, on the system where you now upgraded your automake/m4 to work succesfully:
Code:

emerge -pv libtool m4 automake automake-wrapper autoconf autoconf-wrapper

2) did you update anything other "important"? Like GCC, Glibc, any big emerge world update or anything that could have changed the situation, or were your machines already up-to-date?

Thanks a lot for more information and best regards, CHTEKK.
monkeyboy
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: emerge -pv output Reply with quote

I was experiencing this same problem. Tried the libxml2 update first (from 2.6.19 to 2.6.20-r2 - no luck)

Here is my before and after of the auto* packages. Automake was upgraded from 1.9.5 to 1.9.6. Thanks for the fix guys.

mysql1 ~ # emerge -pv libtool m4 automake automake-wrapper autoconf autoconf-wrapper

These are the packages that I would merge, in order:

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild R ] sys-devel/libtool-1.5.18-r1 2,715 kB
[ebuild R ] sys-devel/m4-1.4.3 +nls 298 kB
[ebuild U ] sys-devel/automake-1.9.6 [1.9.5] 0 kB
[ebuild R ] sys-devel/automake-wrapper-1-r1 0 kB
[ebuild R ] sys-devel/autoconf-2.59-r6 -emacs 903 kB
[ebuild R ] sys-devel/autoconf-wrapper-3-r1 0 kB

Total size of downloads: 3,917 kB
mysql1 ~ # emerge -pv libtool m4 automake automake-wrapper autoconf autoconf-wrapper

[ebuild R ] sys-devel/libtool-1.5.18-r1 2,715 kB
[ebuild R ] sys-devel/m4-1.4.3 +nls 298 kB
[ebuild R ] sys-devel/automake-1.9.6 0 kB
[ebuild R ] sys-devel/automake-wrapper-1-r1 0 kB
[ebuild R ] sys-devel/autoconf-2.59-r6 -emacs 903 kB
[ebuild R ] sys-devel/autoconf-wrapper-3-r1 0 kB

Total size of downloads: 3,917 kB
mysql1 ~ #
mjensen42
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh. I just "discovered" this problem, and I was all proud of myself -- I thought I had found a brand-new undocumented dependency or something, and here you guys have been talking about it for days. :-)

Anyway, in my case the only change I had to make in order to fix this problem was upgrading automake from 1.9.5 to 1.9.6.

Here are my relevant software versions (after the automake upgrade):

Code:
europa ~ # emerge -pv libtool m4 automake automake-wrapper autoconf autoconf-wrapper

[ebuild   R   ] sys-devel/libtool-1.5.18-r1  0 kB
[ebuild     U ] sys-devel/m4-1.4.3 [1.4.1] +nls 298 kB
[ebuild   R   ] sys-devel/automake-1.9.6  0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] sys-devel/automake-wrapper-1-r1  0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] sys-devel/autoconf-2.59-r6  -emacs 0 kB
[ebuild   R   ] sys-devel/autoconf-wrapper-3-r1  0 kB

This is under kernel 2.6.11-r8 running on a sparc64, using gentoo profile 2005.1.

Hope any of this is helpful.

Cheers,

-Marc-
oxEz
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe I'm glad to hear this helped some of you too :)
_GeG_
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this forum rocks :D
I searched google for "gentoo php threads.m4" -> no result, I searched this forum for php threads.m4, and here i am! Thanks a lot!

btw for me the upgrade of automake from 1.9.4 to 1.9.6 was enough.
mota
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip. This helped me with a php4 install on an amd64 platform.
stonegate
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Problem still existing ? Reply with quote

hi guys.. i got the same problem but i tried all your fixes, but none helped me.

i installed the latest gentoo libxml2, m4, automake, autoconf, the wrapper.. though i get this:

Code:
emerge joomla
Calculating dependencies... done!

>>> Emerging (1 of 2) dev-lang/php-5.1.6-r8 to /
 * php-patchset-5.1.6-r4.tar.bz2 MD5 ;-) ...                                                                            [ ok ]
 * php-patchset-5.1.6-r4.tar.bz2 RMD160 ;-) ...                                                                         [ ok ]
 * php-patchset-5.1.6-r4.tar.bz2 SHA1 ;-) ...                                                                           [ ok ]
 * php-patchset-5.1.6-r4.tar.bz2 SHA256 ;-) ...                                                                         [ ok ]
 * php-patchset-5.1.6-r4.tar.bz2 size ;-) ...                                                                           [ ok ]
 * php-5.1.6.tar.bz2 MD5 ;-) ...                                                                                        [ ok ]
 * php-5.1.6.tar.bz2 RMD160 ;-) ...                                                                                     [ ok ]
 * php-5.1.6.tar.bz2 SHA1 ;-) ...                                                                                       [ ok ]
 * php-5.1.6.tar.bz2 SHA256 ;-) ...                                                                                     [ ok ]
 * php-5.1.6.tar.bz2 size ;-) ...                                                                                       [ ok ]
 * checking ebuild checksums ;-) ...                                                                                    [ ok ]
 * checking auxfile checksums ;-) ...                                                                                   [ ok ]
 * checking miscfile checksums ;-) ...                                                                                  [ ok ]
 * checking php-5.1.6.tar.bz2 ;-) ...                                                                                   [ ok ]
 * checking php-patchset-5.1.6-r4.tar.bz2 ;-) ...                                                                       [ ok ]
 * Determining SAPI(s) to build
 *   Enabled  SAPI: cli
 *   Enabled  SAPI: cgi
 *   Disabled SAPI: apache
 *   Enabled  SAPI: apache2
 * If this package fails with a fatal error about Apache2 not having
 * been compiled with a compatible MPM, this is normally because you
 * need to toggle the 'threads' USE flag.
 * If 'threads' is off, try switching it on.
 * If 'threads' is on, try switching it off.
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking php-5.1.6.tar.bz2 to /var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/php-5.1.6-r8/work
>>> Unpacking php-patchset-5.1.6-r4.tar.bz2 to /var/tmp/portage/dev-lang/php-5.1.6-r8/work
 * Applying php5.1.6-multilib-search-path.patch ...                                                                     [ ok ]
 * Applying various patches (bugfixes/updates) ...
 *       php5-imap-symlink.patch ...                                                                                    [ ok ]
 *       php5-iodbc-config.patch ...                                                                                    [ ok ]
 *       php5-make_test.patch ...                                                                                       [ ok ]
 *       php5-prefork-peruser-itk.patch ...                                                                             [ ok ]
 *       php5-soap_persistence_session.patch ...                                                                        [ ok ]
 *       php5-with-iodbc.patch ...                                                                                      [ ok ]
 * Done with patching
 * Applying various patches (bugfixes/updates) ...
 *       php5.1.6-apache_typos.patch ...                                                                                [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-array_merge_bin_safety.patch ...                                                                      [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-bg_locale_string.patch ...                                                                            [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-bz2_fixes.patch ...                                                                                   [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-chdir_opbd_bypass.patch ...                                                                           [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-dba_config.patch ...                                                                                  [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-ealloc_int_overflow.patch ...                                                                         [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-gd_fixes.patch ...                                                                                    [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-imap_cclient_new.patch ...                                                                            [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-ini_restore_bypass.patch ...                                                                          [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-invalid_socket_select.patch ...                                                                       [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-ldap_segf_deprecated.patch ...                                                                        [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-libgd_fixes.patch ...                                                                                 [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-libxml_memleak.patch ...                                                                              [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-mysql-readmycnf.patch ...                                                                             [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-mysqli-readmycnf.patch ...                                                                            [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-oci8_fixes.patch ...                                                                                  [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-parse_url.patch ...                                                                                   [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-pcre_namespacing.patch ...                                                                            [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-pcre_study_memleak.patch ...                                                                          [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-pdo_mysql-readmycnf.patch ...                                                                         [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-phpinfo_array.patch ...                                                                               [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-regexp_unini_var.patch ...                                                                            [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-session_fixes.patch ...                                                                               [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-sockaddr_insuff_stor.patch ...                                                                        [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-streams_memleak.patch ...                                                                             [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-streams_misc_pwrapper.patch ...                                                                       [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-sysvshm_endless_loop.patch ...                                                                        [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-tempnam_opbd_bypass.patch ...                                                                         [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-test_bug22414.patch ...                                                                               [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-test_gd_bug37346.patch ...                                                                            [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-test_mysqli028.patch ...                                                                              [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-test_parse_url.patch ...                                                                              [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-test_sscanf_bug38322.patch ...                                                                        [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-test_stripos_invread.patch ...                                                                        [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-test_sunfuncts.patch ...                                                                              [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-test_xmlw009.patch ...                                                                                [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-test_xmlwOO009.patch ...                                                                              [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-tidy_crash.patch ...                                                                                  [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-touch_truncate_lf.patch ...                                                                           [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-var_export_escape.patch ...                                                                           [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-wddx_encode_high_ascii.patch ...                                                                      [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-wordwrap_wrong_wrap.patch ...                                                                         [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-xmlrpc_obj_segf.patch ...                                                                             [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-xsl_return.patch ...                                                                                  [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-zero_modulus.patch ...                                                                                [ ok ]
 *       php5.1.6-zlib_fixes.patch ...                                                                                  [ ok ]
 * Done with patching
 * Running aclocal
TSRM/tsrm.m4:71: file `TSRM/TSRM/threads.m4' does not exist

!!! ERROR: dev-lang/php-5.1.6-r8 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1576:   Called dyn_unpack
  ebuild.sh, line 716:   Called src_unpack
  php-5.1.6-r8.ebuild, line 160:   Called php5_1-sapi_src_unpack
  php5_1-sapi.eclass, line 331:   Called die

!!! Unable to run aclocal successfully
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.

Can anyone help me? I do not know how and where to get this threads.m4

My make.conf says:

Quote:
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer"
# CFLAGS="-O2 -march=athlon-tbird -mcpu=athlon-tbird"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
#SYNC="rsync://rsync.europe.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
SYNC="rsync://gentoo.intergenia.de/gentoo-portage"
#SYNC="rsync://mirrors.sec.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/gentoo-portage"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://gentoo.intergenia.de http://ftp.du.se/pub/os/gentoo"
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~x86"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage"
USE="acpi amd artswrappersuid asterisk async bcmath bluetooth bootsplash \
bundled-libs bzlib c++ calendar canna cddb cdrom cgi chroot clamav \
clearpasswd cpdflib cyrus dbase dbm devfs dhcp distribution \
emacs emacs-w3 escreen ethereal exif exim exiscan exiscan-acl \
extensions f2c fastcgi freetype ftp gd-external gkrellm grsec i8x0 icq \
imap inetd inifile innodb iodbc isdn ithreads j2ee jabber javascript \
jboss justify kerberos koffice-plugin ldap libclamav libdsk libgd \
libgda libsamplerate makecheck mbox md5sum mdb milter mime mimencode \
mmx mozilla mpm-worker music mysqli nntp ocaml odbc openssh pam-mysql \
pear-db perlsuid php posix procmail pwdb quotas sasl server sockets \
stencil-buffer suid svg szip threads underscores usb vim xinetd -gnome \
-libwww"
FRITZCAPI_CARDS="fcclassic"

emerge --info says:

Code:
emerge --info
Portage 2.1.2_rc3-r5 (default-linux/x86/2006.0, gcc-3.3.4, glibc-2.3.5-r0, 2.6.16-ck3-firegate i686)
=================================================================
System uname: 2.6.16-ck3-firegate i686 AMD Duron(tm) processor
Gentoo Base System version 1.12.0_pre17
Last Sync: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 02:20:01 +0000
distcc 2.18.3 i686-pc-linux-gnu (protocols 1 and 2) (default port 3632) [disabled]
dev-java/java-config: 1.2.11
dev-lang/python:     2.3.5
dev-python/pycrypto: 2.0.1-r5
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.18.1
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.61
sys-devel/automake:  1.4_p6, 1.5, 1.6.3, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.5, 1.10
sys-devel/binutils:  2.17
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.3.10-r2
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.22
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.11
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86 ~x86"
AUTOCLEAN="yes"
CBUILD="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /opt/glftpd/etc /opt/glftpd/ftp-data /usr/kde/3.3/env /usr/kde/3.3/share/config /usr/kde/3.3/shutdown /usr/kde/3.4/env /usr/kde/3.4/share/config /usr/kde/3.4/shutdown /usr/lib/X11/xkb /usr/lib/fax /usr/share/config /var/bind /var/spool/fax/etc"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/env.d /etc/gconf /etc/terminfo"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686 -fomit-frame-pointer"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="autoconfig distlocks metadata-transfer sandbox sfperms strict"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://gentoo.intergenia.de http://ftp.du.se/pub/os/gentoo"
MAKEOPTS="-j2"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --delete-after --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage"
SYNC="rsync://gentoo.intergenia.de/gentoo-portage"
USE="x86 X acpi alsa alsa_cards_ali5451 alsa_cards_als4000 alsa_cards_atiixp alsa_cards_atiixp-modem alsa_cards_bt87x alsa_cards_ca0106 alsa_cards_cmipci alsa_cards_emu10k1x alsa_cards_ens1370 alsa_cards_ens1371 alsa_cards_es1938 alsa_cards_es1968 alsa_cards_fm801 alsa_cards_hda-intel alsa_cards_intel8x0 alsa_cards_intel8x0m alsa_cards_maestro3 alsa_cards_trident alsa_cards_usb-audio alsa_cards_via82xx alsa_cards_via82xx-modem alsa_cards_ymfpci alsa_pcm_plugins_adpcm alsa_pcm_plugins_alaw alsa_pcm_plugins_asym alsa_pcm_plugins_copy alsa_pcm_plugins_dmix alsa_pcm_plugins_dshare alsa_pcm_plugins_dsnoop alsa_pcm_plugins_empty alsa_pcm_plugins_extplug alsa_pcm_plugins_file alsa_pcm_plugins_hooks alsa_pcm_plugins_iec958 alsa_pcm_plugins_ioplug alsa_pcm_plugins_ladspa alsa_pcm_plugins_lfloat alsa_pcm_plugins_linear alsa_pcm_plugins_meter alsa_pcm_plugins_mulaw alsa_pcm_plugins_multi alsa_pcm_plugins_null alsa_pcm_plugins_plug alsa_pcm_plugins_rate alsa_pcm_plugins_route alsa_pcm_plugins_share alsa_pcm_plugins_shm alsa_pcm_plugins_softvol amd apache2 apm arts artswrappersuid asterisk async bcmath berkdb bitmap-fonts bluetooth bootsplash bundled-libs bzlib c++ calendar canna cddb cdrom cgi chroot clamav clearpasswd cli cpdflib cracklib crypt cups cyrus dbase dbm devfs dhcp distribution dlloader dri eds elibc_glibc emacs emacs-w3 emboss encode escreen esd ethereal exif exim exiscan exiscan-acl extensions f2c fastcgi foomaticdb fortran freetype fritzcapi_cards_fcclassic ftp gd-external gdbm gif gkrellm gpm grsec gstreamer gtk gtk2 i8x0 iconv icq imap imlib inetd inifile innodb input_devices_evdev input_devices_keyboard input_devices_mouse iodbc ipv6 isdn isdnlog ithreads j2ee jabber javascript jboss jpeg justify kde kerberos kernel_linux koffice-plugin ldap libclamav libdsk libg++ libgd libgda libsamplerate mad makecheck mbox md5sum mdb mikmod milter mime mimencode mmx motif mozilla mp3 mpeg mpm-worker music mysqli ncurses nls nntp nptl ocaml odbc ogg opengl openssh oss pam pam-mysql pcre pear-db perl perlsuid php png posix pppd procmail pwdb python qt3 qt4 quicktime quotas readline reflection sasl sdl server session sockets spell spl ssl stencil-buffer suid svg szip tcpd threads truetype truetype-fonts type1-fonts udev underscores usb userland_GNU video_cards_apm video_cards_ark video_cards_ati video_cards_chips video_cards_cirrus video_cards_cyrix video_cards_dummy video_cards_fbdev video_cards_glint video_cards_i128 video_cards_i740 video_cards_i810 video_cards_imstt video_cards_mga video_cards_neomagic video_cards_nsc video_cards_nv video_cards_rendition video_cards_s3 video_cards_s3virge video_cards_savage video_cards_siliconmotion video_cards_sis video_cards_sisusb video_cards_tdfx video_cards_tga video_cards_trident video_cards_tseng video_cards_v4l video_cards_vesa video_cards_vga video_cards_via video_cards_vmware video_cards_voodoo vim vorbis xinetd xml xorg xv zlib"
Unset:  CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, INSTALL_MASK, LANG, LC_ALL, LDFLAGS, LINGUAS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

Thanks
Stonegate
stonegate
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a solve here on the forum:

emerge --verbose --ask =sys-devel/automake-1.9*

upgrades the automake to a working version.

However the system still seems not to have a threads.m4 the PHP5 package builds fine now.

Greetings
Stonegate
h4inf
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried everything on this thread, and nothing worked until this one:::

stonegate wrote:
I found a solve here on the forum:

emerge --verbose --ask =sys-devel/automake-1.9*

upgrades the automake to a working version.

However the system still seems not to have a threads.m4 the PHP5 package builds fine now.

Greetings
Stonegate

Thanks very much!! :D
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: